Please bring back bill and income reminders tab in checking accounts

Eric Dunn - this for you.  Please bring this feature back!  

Using latest update of Quicken for Windows Premier 2016 (25.1.11.5).  After much research, it seems bill and income reminders tab in checking accounts can no longer be enabled.   But they still exist in savings, credit card and investing accounts.  This makes no sense.  It's fine to add optional functionality to add future reminders in the register, but I want the ability to see them as reminders in the old tab format just I can in the other types of accounts.

Comments

• NotACPANotACPA SuperUser
    edited October 2018
    Do you not have the icon that I've circled in the graphic?  That's how reminders are set to be displayed.

Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor"
  • markus1957markus1957 SuperUser
    edited January 22
    The only checking accounts that do not display the Reminders tab are linked checking accounts associated with an investment account. Known bug, hopefully being worked on.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser
    edited September 2018
    In a regular banking checking account: 

The Bill and Income Reminders tab does not show at the bottom of the register if the individual account has been set to
    "automatically accept downloaded transactions into your register".

Where are the "Auto-accept downloaded transaction" settings?

https://www.quicken.com/support/automatic-transaction-entry-preferences

• NotACPANotACPA SuperUser
    edited March 2017

The only checking accounts that do not display the Reminders tab are linked checking accounts associated with an investment account. Known bug, hopefully being worked on.

Actually, that graphic WAS snapped from a Linked Checking Account.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor"
  • DonSmallDonSmall Member
    edited April 2017

Do you not have the icon that I've circled in the graphic?  That's how reminders are set to be displayed.

Thank you for your reply.  No I don't have this icon.  Is this available in Quicken for Windows Premier 2016?  Here's what I do have:
    edited April 2017

FWIW, that's not what the OP is referring to. The graphic refers to the option to show reminders in the register; the OP is referring to the Bill & Income Reminders tab at the bottom of the register. It's not working for linked accounts and UKR has described the other situation where it will not display.
  • gmalis1gmalis1 Member
    edited April 2017
    Quicken 2016 R11 using Windows 10 in a virtual machine.

As you can see, my checking account has the Bill and Income Reminders tab at the bottom.  And I can open it.  
  • QPWQPW Member
    edited April 2017

Note the clock is "defaulted to be on the action bar", but it can be removed, and it is even possible that it isn't defaulted to be there.

If you select the action (gear) icon there is the menu option: Customize action bar
    you can select, and that will give you:

Once you have the clock icon in the action bar you can click on it to decide how far in advance you want reminders to show in the register (or not a all).
    Note as gmalis1 points out below this is quite different than the Bills & Reminders tab at the bottom of the register.

It looks like this in the register:

And note if you are using automatic entry mode for downloaded transactions you will not have the Downloaded Transactions or Bills & Income tabs at the bottom of the register:

In the preferences:
    Or overridden in the Account Details -> Online Services

BUT most important is probably the recent behavior of the Downloaded Transactions and Bill & Income Reminder tabs at the bottom of the register in linked cash accounts.

I forget what the old behavior is since I haven't had a cash account linked to an active investment account in years, but here is what the current behavior is, as seen in Quicken 2017 with automatic entry mode off.

Notice no Bills & Reminders tab.

This has been reported as a bug.

And in Quicken 2016 R11 it is even worse because even the Downloaded Transactions tab is not showing.
    edited January 11
    Thank you to all who replied since my post 3 weeks ago.  Today I installed an automatic update when I logged in and the problem has been fixed!  (Quicken for Windows Premier 2016 v25.1.12.2)  It was the only thing that made sense as this used to work, then it was gone - apparently with a recent update.  

Thanks, Quicken development team for correcting this so quickly!
  • QPWQPW Member
    edited April 2017
    DonSmall said:

Thank you to all who replied since my post 3 weeks ago.  Today I installed an automatic update when I logged in and the problem has been fixed!  (Quicken for Windows Premier 2016 v25.1.12.2)  It was the only thing that made sense as this used to work, then it was gone - apparently with a recent update.  

It is nice to have confirmation that R12 did fix the problem.
    Note R12 hasn't been released to everyone yet, it has gone out to a limited amount of people.

P.S. R11 broke it, and R12 fixed it. :-)
    edited April 2017
    DonSmall said:

Thanks for the information and including me in the early release!  I'm already using the reinstated feature.  :)

- Don
    edited April 2017
    DonSmall said:

Hi Kathryn,

I'm still running R 12 v 25.1.12.2 and am having new problems with this again where I can't get the back bill and income reminders workspace to come up for Checking.  The difference is that I have an icon to restore this workspace, but it does not respond.  Bill and income reminders continues to work as expected for banking and investing accounts.  It's only my Checking account that is not working correctly.

- Don
  • UKRUKR SuperUser
    edited April 2017
    DonSmall said:

Don,
    is this account set up for auto-accepting downloaded transactions?
    Remember, there are two places where the settings are (see QPW's or my previous answer above). Either one of them is turned on, no Bill Reminders Tab.
    edited April 2017
    DonSmall said:

No it is not.  As you can see from the previous thread, this function used to work fine, but was broken in R11.  R12 fixed it, but not entirely.  No settings have been changed.
    edited April 2017
    DonSmall said:

As you can see, I am not automatically adding downloaded transactions (nor am I even downloading in the first place for checking).

edited April 2017
    DonSmall said:

OK, you provided a screen shot of ONE of the TWO places you were told to check.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser
    edited April 2017
    DonSmall said:

And it probably wouldn't hurt to go to the second place and toggle the setting OFF/ON/OFF
    edited April 2017
    DonSmall said:

Based on this post there still may be an issue.
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-2016-r12-linked-account-issue
    edited April 2017
    DonSmall said:

Based on this post there still may be an issue.
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-2016-r12-linked-account-issue
  • Stan MeyersStan Meyers Member
    edited August 2017

In account Details, under online services I turned off "Automatic Entry" - Problem solved. Thank you!!!!!
  • leishirsuteleishirsute Member
    edited January 6

I tried the suggestion about adding Reminders to the Register and it did not work for my linked checking accounts after upgrading from R13 to R15.
    Quicken Windows 2017 Deluxe R19.1 on Windows 7 & 10 Pro
  • leishirsuteleishirsute Member
    edited January 22
    The workaround to show Reminders in the Register helps.  I still prefer the separate tab but I'll use the Register Reminders in the meantime.
    Thanks!
    Quicken Windows 2017 Deluxe R19.1 on Windows 7 & 10 Pro