Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Quicken Mac 2017 assigns wrong schedules to investment categories

Dennis Peek
Dennis Peek Member ✭✭
edited June 2018 in Investing (Mac)
Mac Quicken 2017 Tax Schedule report is non-modifiable. And the tax categories automatically assigned from investment downloads are wrong. Mac 2017 assigns long term capital gains to Schedule B when it should be Schedule D. There are probably other errors as well and you cannot sort out the taxable dividends (from regular acts) from the non-taxable dividends (in 401k and IRA accounts). It makes the Tax Schedule report worthless and requires manually assigning categories using a custom report. 

Please correct - allowing customization of the Tax Schedule report would be a major improvement.

Comments

• Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2017
    Interesting , the Tax Schedule shows LT/ST CG's to Schedule D on my system. The Tax Schedule can be customized by selecting custom going thru the accounts/categories and checking the items required or the custom categories you set up for tax purposes.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited April 2017

Interesting , the Tax Schedule shows LT/ST CG's to Schedule D on my system. The Tax Schedule can be customized by selecting custom going thru the accounts/categories and checking the items required or the custom categories you set up for tax purposes.

Yes and no. Capital Gain distributions go to Sked B. Short/Long Term Gains/Losses go to Sked D. QM2017 handles this properly.

However, it uses the built-in (required) categories and these cannot be edited.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Dennis Peek
    Dennis Peek Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017

You are correct. But I would still like to be able to modify the Tax Schedule with customized settings.
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited April 2017

Yes indeed  you can & will need to do that so that things will show up in the Tax Schedule. Give us an idea of what you need , perhaps we can get you started in the correct direction. Additionally if you review the many threads here that discussed these things you should be in a position to get underway.
This discussion has been closed.