Home Quicken for Windows File Conversion and Backup (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Trying to zip/email the QDF file but it's over 30KB. Any possible way to shrink the years just to 5

Trying to zip/email the QDF file but it's over 30KB. If it's under 30KB the email will go, any possible way to shrink the years just to 5 or 7 years?  

Comments

• UnknownUnknown Member
    edited April 2017
  • markus1957markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited January 2019
    If using ZIP won't reduce the size, the other option is to upload it to a file sharing site like DropBox, Google Drive or MS OneDrive. Those sites allow you to send a link to the person you are emailing that allows them to download the file.
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    The QDF files are already zipped, so it is not going to get any smaller.

You might look into using Dropbox to make it available for the recipient to download.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• UnknownUnknown Member
    edited April 2017
    @jjfranks .... Absolutely forget the idea of emailing your Quicken data file. I suggest place a copy of your Quicken data file on Microsoft One Drive, DropBox or Google Drive. After doing this you just grant access to that file to any individual(s) that you like. My son's and I often do this with Quicken data files we share and other files.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited April 2017
    Thanks for the input Markus & Splasher.  The data goes back to 1997, there is no way to shrink the data and file size of the database (from years 2007-2017- and delete everything from 1997-2006)?

thanks
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

jjfranks,

not trying to be nosey, but why are you trying to email your personal financial data around the world?

If you're trying to send information to your trusted tax preparer, try sending the Tax Schedule Report, printed to a PDF file instead. Much smaller.

• UnknownUnknown Member
    edited April 2017
    UKR said:

jjfranks,

not trying to be nosey, but why are you trying to email your personal financial data around the world?

If you're trying to send information to your trusted tax preparer, try sending the Tax Schedule Report, printed to a PDF file instead. Much smaller.

It's really not for me, it's for my boss that does backups and emails them out. 
This discussion has been closed.