Home Quicken for Windows File Conversion and Backup (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Qucken 2017 QXF import browser doe not work

Using Quicken 2017 Premium I am trying to import a QXF file but the Browser Botton does not work and I am not sure how to type in the file name

Comments

• UnknownUnknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Are you sure you want QXF?
    If you are downloading/importing transactions, the file type is QFX.
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    For the record:

.QXF files are used to convert between Quicken for Windows and Quicken for Mac.

.QFX files are downloaded from financial institutions to import transactions into Quicken.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• UnknownUnknown Member
    edited April 2017
    The graphic really helps, but when I got the the Web Connect (QFX) File... what should happen.  I have gone to my bank selected the range of statements I want and the bank downloaded Suntrust_history.QFX to my C drive
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited April 2017
    Thank you for you response. I did not notice the difference.  I have a QFX file.  So how do I load it
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    The screenshot above is the best instructions possible on how to import the .QFX file.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• UnknownUnknown Member
    edited April 2017
    splasher said:

The screenshot above is the best instructions possible on how to import the .QFX file.

Actually, personally I just open QFX files in my web browser (or in File Explorer), Quicken is set to be the application that "handles" QFX files.  So when you open such a file Quicken will automatically import it, and you don't have to use the menus at all.

This just like you opening a text file, and it opening up in Notepad, or a picture opening in the photo viewer.
This discussion has been closed.