Match Downloaded Split Rental Property Transactions [edited]

Managing Rental properties requires the frequent many-to-1 transactions.  Four Examples:

1) Rent due = $1000.  Property Manager Expense = $100.  Bank Deposit from Property Manager = $900. (This balances, but I have to manually enter as a split rather than matching the deposit to receivable plus expense)

2) Rent due = $1000.  Check received from renter = $500.  Check received from Social Services on behalf of renter = $500.  (This balances, but I have to manually enter as a split rather than matching multiple deposits)

3)  Rent due = $1000.  Check received from renter $800 (plus receipt received from renter for $200 for out of pocket expense for toilet repair.) (This balances, but I have to manually enter as a split rather than matching the deposit to receivable plus expense.)

4)  Rent due = $1000.  Check received from renter - roommate 1 = $300.  Rent received from renter - roommate 2 = $300.  Rent received from master bedroom roommate 3 = $400.  (This balances and I should be able to match the multiple deposits to the 1 receiveable without having to create a split transaction).

These are very common every day transactions in rental property management and I should be able to match combined transactions (the deposit(s) to the receivable(s) / Expense(s) reminders combinations) as long as the grand total balances.  I could do this in MS Money 10 years ago.  Why am I paying extra for a rental property management software that can't handle normal rental property management situations without manually entering split transactions every month.  Also the software does not acknowledge that the rent was received in full when it was entered as a split.  Thanks.
0 votes

No Status · Last Updated

Comments