Quicken for Mac 2017 v4.5, 4.5.1, 4.5.2 & 4.5.3 Released

12345679»

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited May 2017

Has 4.5x been released to everyone? I still have 4.4.3 and haven't been offered an update. 

@pbGuy: I'm sorry you saw my comments as patronizing; they weren't intended to be. All I'm saying is that *all* software releases come with potential risks to first adopters, and I find it's wiser not to click "update" the moment a software developer releases anything new, whether it's Apple, Adobe, Microsoft or Quicken. Quicken for Mac is easy enough to decline to upgrade for a few days to see which way the winds are blowing before deciding to download and install the upgrade.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    I just installed v. 4.5.4.  Now when entering transactions, the category gets truncated such as, "Taxes: Sales Tax" gets truncated to Sales Tax;  or "Food: Groceries" gets truncated to "Groceries".   Or, "Clothing: my name" gets truncated to only "My Name" with no idea it has to do with clothing.
    Will 4.5.5 correct that?
  • Henryth
    Henryth Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Maui Kane said:

I just installed v. 4.5.4.  Now when entering transactions, the category gets truncated such as, "Taxes: Sales Tax" gets truncated to Sales Tax;  or "Food: Groceries" gets truncated to "Groceries".   Or, "Clothing: my name" gets truncated to only "My Name" with no idea it has to do with clothing.
    Will 4.5.5 correct that?

Under preferences you can make the category name long or short. Under 4.5.2 that still works. Try that.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Maui Kane said:

Will 4.5.5 correct that?

@Quicken Marcus why do preferences get changed by an update? 

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Robert B
    Robert B Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Bugs in 4.5.4 regarding changing a line item date in a check register and creating a payee in a check register.  To illustrate here is the line item in the check register: image
    When I click on the day number it turns blue, OK, try to enter a new date such as '17', e.g., press the digit '1' and it shows up, then press the digit '7' and it replaces the '1'.  It should have changed '18' to '17' right?  Now enter the '1' again followed by the '7' and it does become '17'.
    On the same transaction I entered a new payee called 'VOIDED' (I wanted to record that I messed up a paper check and trashed it).  The payee is then truncated to 'ED' and created as such.  When I go into Window, Payees, and search for 'ED' it is there and then I change it to 'VOIDED'.  Register now reflects the correction.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member, Employee
    edited May 2017
    Hi Robert, for typing in the date, the behavior is the same as in previous versions. I'm unable to reproduce the issue that you mentioned unless I wait a few seconds between keystrokes. If I type '17' for the day, the date gets entered as '17'. For the other issue with entering a payee as "VOIDED", I'm able to reproduce the issue on my end and will enter a new item to discuss with our developers.
  • Robert B
    Robert B Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017

Hi Robert, for typing in the date, the behavior is the same as in previous versions. I'm unable to reproduce the issue that you mentioned unless I wait a few seconds between keystrokes. If I type '17' for the day, the date gets entered as '17'. For the other issue with entering a payee as "VOIDED", I'm able to reproduce the issue on my end and will enter a new item to discuss with our developers.

I agree, if you type fast the date change is accepted.  So I guess the question is should you have to be fast keying in two digits in order for it to take?  Now that I know this I can live with it.  Thanks for your prompt reply.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2017
    Maui Kane said:

Will 4.5.5 correct that?

Henryth - thanks for the suggestion - I did enter Preferences and found the category name selected as "short" -- changed it to long.  I found previously entered transactions still had the category truncated but once I re-entered the category in the longer version it stayed that way rather than truncating again.  I don't know why the new version 4.5.4 would change a user's preference settings like that???
  • Mike_jMGS
    Mike_jMGS Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017

I'm having the same issue, working on a macbook pro 15" so no numbers pad and takes a little time to find the correct numbers on opposite ends of the row. If we increase the delay in the mouse or keyboard setting would this increase the delay here too?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2017
    Thanks, now my Quicken is broken. Did the update, it asked me for my loan terms, miscalculated my payments, I went back and tried again, now it just locks up when I click on finish.

Scratch that, converted back to a liability, but now whenever I try to download transactions I get a bunch of errors stating that the cloud sync is having problems- except I don't use the cloud, or mobile, or any of that. I just use a local copy on my Mac.

I can't download transactions any more.

How can I roll back to the previous version?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2017
    Maui Kane said:

Will 4.5.5 correct that?

Problems seem so varied and numerous -- are users being used as beta testers for version 4.5.4?  Hope not.
  • Schlappette
    Schlappette Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    I have a minor annoyance to report.  Upon quitting Quicken (4.5.4), the window appears telling me that Quicken is backing up my data file.  That's cool, and better than before, when there was no indicator, and it seemed that Quicken was just taking for-ev-er to quit.

The problem I'm having is that the backup notification window stays on top, and cannot be hidden.  I cannot use another application, because this window doesn't move to the background or otherwise get out of the way.  
  • Elrond
    Elrond Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Maui Kane said:

Will 4.5.5 correct that?

That's been the model since about Quicken 2013 on the Windows side.  Release a bug filled, untested version, spend the next 8 months trying to stomp out bugs, then give up and promise to fix bugs in the next release.  Repeat ad infinitum.  This started under Intuit and seems it has continued under new ownership.  That's why I run QW 2012 in a VM on my MAC.
  • Quicken Marcus
    Quicken Marcus Employee ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Closing this post since it's getting too long and opened a new one just for 4.5.4.  http://bit.ly/2qXbSZN.
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited May 2017

I have a minor annoyance to report.  Upon quitting Quicken (4.5.4), the window appears telling me that Quicken is backing up my data file.  That's cool, and better than before, when there was no indicator, and it seemed that Quicken was just taking for-ev-er to quit.

The problem I'm having is that the backup notification window stays on top, and cannot be hidden.  I cannot use another application, because this window doesn't move to the background or otherwise get out of the way.  

Thanks for the feedback.  I agree that the backup screen shouldn't appear above all other apps.  
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited May 2017
    Maui Kane said:

Will 4.5.5 correct that?

There is nothing in this release to change customer preferences.  Not sure why it happened on Maui Kane's Mac.  Are others seeing this preference changed?
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited May 2017
    rprice54 said:

Thanks, now my Quicken is broken. Did the update, it asked me for my loan terms, miscalculated my payments, I went back and tried again, now it just locks up when I click on finish.

Scratch that, converted back to a liability, but now whenever I try to download transactions I get a bunch of errors stating that the cloud sync is having problems- except I don't use the cloud, or mobile, or any of that. I just use a local copy on my Mac.

I can't download transactions any more.

How can I roll back to the previous version?

I just sent you email to try to help.
This discussion has been closed.