QWin: Add Attachments to Scheduled Transactions [edited]

Karen Vierra
Karen Vierra Member ✭✭✭✭
I'd like to see more flexibility with the Scheduled Transactions section.    Allow for adding attachments, and also enter the transaction "type" (i.e. EFT, DEP, etc.) to Scheduled Transactions.  Currently, we can't do either of these actions until the transaction is at the "current" date.
0 votes

No Status · Last Updated

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I'm assuming you want to attach the bill and specify the method of payment for that bill. If you have the bill in hand and have cut the check or made the online payment instruction, why not just Enter the reminder in the account register?
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Karen Vierra
    Karen Vierra Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

I'm assuming you want to attach the bill and specify the method of payment for that bill. If you have the bill in hand and have cut the check or made the online payment instruction, why not just Enter the reminder in the account register?

Thank you for responding.  I have 99% of my bills automatically paid via "pull", and have them all set up in my Bill Reminders.  All are set for "Auto Enter" (mostly 1 business day ahead).  I would like to be able to enter the payment type (i.e. "EFT", "DEP", etc.) in the Bill Reminder record, and have that data point posted into the account register along with the rest of the details.  Currently, the reminder is entered into the register either automatically or manually; however, I have to go back to that entry and post the transaction type into the "Check #" column.

As far as adding attachments; once the transaction is in the register, I then scan the supporting documentation into the entry.  I would like to be able to have the option to attach supporting documentation into the Bill Reminder record, especially for recurring items.         
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018

This has been brought up before, but it's been a while so I'll try it again. Is there any way one of your eager, clever programmers would come up with a way to attach a copy of a bill to a bill reminder? I understand that it has been a challenge to come up with a way to attach it when creating the bill and/or recurring bill. However, how about possibly being able to do it from the "Bills & Income" tab in the "Bills, Income & Transfers" view? Over on the right, where the "edit" option is, could you add "attach item" in those edit options? That way, even with recurring bills, you can attach each month's bills as you receive them. Sounds great, right?! :D

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Thanks for making this suggestion.
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list