Unknown Account Type in Express Web Connect and EWC not downloading transactions

13»

Comments

• BJBJ Member
    edited March 2018
    Rexter said:

So it appears, for me at least, the options are to keep using the bad Quicken file and manually download and enter transactions for the FI that isn't working or to make a new Quicken file where everything works/downloads but, after importing everything I can I have to re-create most of my reminders, create new loans for all of my property and rebuild my investments, re link all the FIs online and figure what else is missing.  Or the quicken folks could fix it.  Hmmmm, I know which one I'm hoping for but I think I will struggle on with the bad file, for now at least.

Thanks for the tip on Tools>Online Center CTRL + SHIFT Update/Send - Reset CC data.  I have Quicken-Premier 2018 US version Windows 10 R6.11 & have had multiple problems with ewc working, deactivate, activate, unknown account errors.  After researching & trying many tips, this one worked for me - at least for now.  Had to deactivate all ewc accounts first, do the reset cc data step & then activate ewc accounts again.  No problems with the unknown account thing after all this.  Also did validate repair multiple times that kept fixing things.  For now it seems to be working across all ewc accounts.  Yeah for that.
  • Arctic Hare (H&B 2019 Canadian)Arctic Hare (H&B 2019 Canadian) SuperUser ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

UPDATE: 

While I have managed to cleanse enough of the corruption out of my data file (using the methods described above) to get OSU working with EWC again, I can still find evidence that there is residual corruption remaining in the data file. An example of this evidence is provided in the screen shot below. The account "ACCT_2c" shown in the screen shot below was not created by me, it does not appear in the account list (even with show hidden checked), and it does not appear in the category list (again, even with show hidden checked). Furthermore, Quicken is sometimes proposing this account as a transfer category for transactions downloaded by EWC, i.e. Quicken suggests that some transactions are for category "[ACCT_2c]", which doesn't appear in the Account List or Category List.

@markus1957: I finally got around to trying your suggestion:
    Regarding the hidden account, ACCT_2c ; one means of trying to delete the account is to create a $1 transfer from a normal working account into this account. If it is available in the transfer pull-down, use that. Otherwise type it manually into the category as [ACCT_2c]. Then save and right-click Go to Matching Transfer. That will switch you into the hidden ACCT_2c register. Try the gear icon, Edit Account Details, Delete. It works sometimes but sometimes the Account Details window will not spawn. 
    I got so far as to bring up the ACCT_2c register, but, as you suggested sometimes happens, the Account Details does not manifest. The ACCT_2c account still does not show in the Account List.
  • markus1957markus1957 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

UPDATE: 

While I have managed to cleanse enough of the corruption out of my data file (using the methods described above) to get OSU working with EWC again, I can still find evidence that there is residual corruption remaining in the data file. An example of this evidence is provided in the screen shot below. The account "ACCT_2c" shown in the screen shot below was not created by me, it does not appear in the account list (even with show hidden checked), and it does not appear in the category list (again, even with show hidden checked). Furthermore, Quicken is sometimes proposing this account as a transfer category for transactions downloaded by EWC, i.e. Quicken suggests that some transactions are for category "[ACCT_2c]", which doesn't appear in the Account List or Category List.

As long as your working in a file copy, a couple of things to try. Can you enter a manual transaction once you get into the register? Close/Open Quicken, use the Edit>Find/Replace to get back into the register, then try deleting again.
  • Arctic Hare (H&B 2019 Canadian)Arctic Hare (H&B 2019 Canadian) SuperUser ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

UPDATE: 

Again, I was able to do everything you suggested up to the point of attempting to delete the account. It still doesn't manifest the Account Details dialogue.

I can enter transactions, delete transactions, make transfers, etc. I just can delete the account, which is not listed in the Account List or the Category List, even with show hidden checked. The only place that the account can be seen is in the Online Centre.
  • markus1957markus1957 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

UPDATE: 

That account seems to have taken on the status of the special hidden accounts deep in Quicken like the "Unspecified..." and Tax Treatment accounts. They can't be deleted either even though you can access at least some of them with these tricks.
This discussion has been closed.