Home Quicken for Windows File Conversion and Backup (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

QWin: pass that information on to a new treasurer?

If I have four different checking accounts on my quicken software and I back up to a thumb drive is there a way to only back up one account so that I can pass that information on to a new treasurer? I was hoping I could do the back up, open quicken from the thumb drive and delete the 3 accounts that I did not wish to share, save the one file and pass it on.

Comments

• Rich_MRich_M SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Your solution will work.
    Quicken 2017 Premier - Windows 10 Pro
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited July 2017
    Thank you.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited July 2017
    Alternatively, and more reliably than opening a Quicken file from your thumb drive...

File > File Operations > Copy.

Open that Quicken copy file.  Delete the three accounts. Backup the file to the thumb drive.

Another way to do this:

Export a .qif file for the one account you want to transfer.

Then, FILE > NEW QUICKEN FILE.  Name it something unique.  Then FILE > IMPORT QIF file to the new file.  Then backup THAT file to the thumb drive. 

Different ways to do the same thing.  
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Hi @ Barbara ,

Make a Backup of your current Quicken Data File. 
    Then delete your own Accounts from the Quicken Data File.
    Next go to Edit then Preferences. Click on Intuit  ID, Mobile & Alerts.
    Click Sign in as a different user.

Create a New Intuit Account, that does not have your personal information.

Once done and confirmed, make a Backup of that Quicken Data File.

Once Backed up to a different Thumb drive, Restore your Quicken Data File that you previously created from your other Thumb Drive.

You forgot about your information included with the Backed up Data File.
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R31.20  USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.6 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 21322.1000
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19042.804

Note: Product What's New in Quicken is grayed out.. Also Year is stuck on 2020 and Copyright Date is stuck 2018 in About Quicken.

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

• volvogirlvolvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Why does the new person only need 1 account? Do you have it in the same file as your personal accounts? It probably should be in its own separate data file.
This discussion has been closed.