Capital One 360 downloads a no-go

Quicken for Windows 2016 Deluxe. Cannot get connected to Capital One 360 to update accounts. As standard practice when I see this a couple of times with accounts, I disable web services for the account and then re-establish, which usually works. This time, I cannot even get logged in. Called Cap One 360 support, they confirmed I was entering the correct credentials, but they were at a loss. I see it was an ongoing issue for a couple of days that was supposedly resolved on Thursday. But no joy for me.

Comments

• David LucasDavid Lucas Member
    edited August 2017
    I've been experiencing the same issue for the past several days and it hasn't resolved itself yet.  Keep getting the message that "Quicken is unable to update your account because of an error on the Quicken server."
  • Dan HealyDan Healy Member
    edited August 2017
    I've had the same problem, it's still not working today (Friday)
  • edited August 2017
    still continues ... need Quicken to resolve this issue! Has been 4 days now!
  • edited August 2017
    I also got an error message when I ran the update for all of my accounts in the same time but when I updated Capital One 360 separately I got no error message. PayPal acted the same way.
  • Scott SharpScott Sharp Member
    edited September 2017
    Dennis: What's your point? I said in OP that I've already seen that link. Still not working.
  • John PatriarcaJohn Patriarca Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017

Dennis: What's your point? I said in OP that I've already seen that link. Still not working.

Still not working for me either across multiple files.
  • Stephen MStephen M Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017

Still not working for me either.
  • Marc AdamsMarc Adams Member
    edited August 2017
    Not working for me either, even after Quicken reported it was (mostly) fixed.  Not able to connect at all. 
  • Paul HallettPaul Hallett Member
    edited August 2017
    Quicken reported the issue was "Mostly fixed".  I was able to download transactions during the evening of August 17.  Today, August 18, I'm getting download failures again - Download error 180 on Quicken for Mac 2017 Version 4.5.8 (Build 45.17542.100)
  • edited August 2017
    This link shows that Capital One is working hard on the issue:
    https://www.capitalonecareers.com/life-at-capital-one
    edited August 2017
    The ping-pong table is a subtle nod to their ping-ponging network availability 
  • edited August 2017

The ping-pong table is a subtle nod to their ping-ponging network availability 

I like the tools on the wall. Do they actually use them?
  • BuzzCatsBuzzCats Member
    edited August 2017
    Problem persists now for 3+ days (today Fri-08/18/2017).  The URL "https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/new-temporary-outage-with-capital-one-360-window..." says click to follow for notification of resolution, which I did, but it also says (17 hours ago) that this problem is mostly resolved.  I don't think so.  Capital One and Quicken 2014-2017 Deluxe versions do NOT work well together and connectivity breaks down every couple of weeks every month, every year.  Very time consuming to disconnect web services on ~10+ accounts, then reestablish and having my register fill up with duplicate entries that I have to manually go back and delete each and every one.  Sad state of affairs.
  • David LucasDavid Lucas Member
    edited August 2017
    Just tried again and its working once more.  Hopefully it stays that way...
  • mshigginsmshiggins ✭✭✭✭✭ SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017

From C. D. Bales:

"Dennis: What's your point?"

The "point" is in the linked thread, to get the point you need to have actually read the thread.

From that linked thread: "This issue has been mostly resolved, but some users may experience intermittent problems with updating due to ongoing changes to their site".

The above quoted material was posted 17 hours ago, in plenty of time to be read before asking "What's your point?"
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • edited August 2017
    I am still having the problem.  The resolution posted by Quicken is essentially worthless.
    edited August 2017
    Still no joy... the problem persists
  • Rick WhiteRick White Member
    edited August 2017
    Finally started working for me, just now, 18 August 2017 at 1:07 PST, after I've wasted hours in frustration and uselessly trying to fix this over the past week. I'm running Quicken Home & Business 2017 by the way.
  • Mike GMike G Member
    edited August 2017
    I spoke to Capital One yesterday and their tech support said they were consolidating all the various Capital One Sign-Ins to use a single site, namely www.capitalone.com

He also said they no longer are using "Customer Nos." and suggests logging in with userid and Access Code but,

Sadly, Quicken does NOT offer this link in any of the Capital One account setups.  Please, Quicken, add this option to the Capital One setups!
  • GeoffGeoff Member
    edited August 2017
    Shame on "Quicken Kathryn, Official Rep" for her propaganda that this problem is resolved. She even closed the threads to further comments. I wish I could express how much I loath this company's lousy attitude to customer support. They've been a monopoly for decades, so I guess they just don't give a crap about their paying customers. Thanks a lot, Quicken, for next to nothing AND for wasting our time. So it's now Friday late afternoon in the West. This problem has existed for a week, no exaggeration. Maybe someone will arrive to work on Monday and take some responsibility for getting this fixed. 
  • Scott SharpScott Sharp Member
    edited August 2017
    11 p.m. EDT Friday. Finally worked.
  • Marc AdamsMarc Adams Member
    edited August 2017
    As of Friday late night, working for me too.  Finally. 
    edited August 2017
    Seems to be up at the moment....(1030 EDT Saturday) - I wonder for how long?
  • John PatriarcaJohn Patriarca Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Tried OSU for 3 Cap 1 accounts (amongst others), failed (error on Q server). Tried update now lightning bolt from account register, failed (this has worked before after OSU failure). Opened another file, 3 different CAP accounts, OSU worked fine. 

Makes no sense. 
  • edited August 2017
    still no luck on my end.  Ive tried about everything and still getting the server error.  Ugh
  • PatPat Member
    edited September 2017
    Different bank, same problem @ BBVA Compass.  Spoke to the rep @ Quicken, told me server was down and they didn't know when it would be back up.  How's that for service?  I've been manually clearing checks as to not to far behind.  Last dl for me was 8-12-17.
  • edited August 2017
    Still doesnt work for me,after trying every combo,error 503,this really sucks. more and more disliking quicken
  • RyanRyan Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Still not working for me.  It's been just over a week since I was able to download. 
  • fast98fast98 Member
    edited August 2017
    Still not working at BBVA Compass bank either after 1 week. Bank's Quicken support indicates they are working on it and have no ETA. What a joke. All their customers that use Quicken or Quick Books can't download any transactions. Since March when Compass upgraded their systems, I have not been able to download Payee names. Have to log on the the bank and manually update Quicken. Now the interface is completely broken (error OL-220-A). Very disappointing. So is this an issue caused by Quicken (now separate from Intuit) or a Compass/Capital One bank issue?
This discussion has been closed.