resolved but NO. Today when I did the one step update quicken updated
    automatically to R10 and one step update stopped working. I get a blank
    white screen with a message on the top upper corner to sign in with my
    intuit ID, but there is no where I can input my log in info.I s this
    something to do with a message /email we received that Quicken is
    separating from Intuit and all users need to create a new log in ? Is
    this issue related to "FYI: Upcoming Action Required before 9/30/17:
    Email about Critical Updates for Quicken Windows, Canada, and Mac users "
      I am not getting the prompt as stated in this link https://www.quicken.com/support/why-am-i-prompted-create-new-quicken-id-and-password
    I
    have spent close to 7 hours trying to resolve this issue. Quicken
    support agents should be aware that this is probably the issue and work
    on resolving it instead of uninstall and reinstall, etc because the
    underlying issue is not resolving.Your prompt attention to resolving
    this issue will be highly appreciated.

Tried. Does no work.
  • PatPat Member
    edited September 2017
    FYI:  Quicken just auto updated to R10 and holding my breath while it was installing wondering if I was going to go through all the trouble as before.  Well, it did the update and I went right into the bank on a one step update.  It worked just fine!  No errors or anything like that.  Just thought I'd post that R10 seems to ok now, perhaps Q has fixed it?
  • splashersplasher ✭✭✭✭✭ SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Try rebooting Windows AFTER installing the R10 patch upgrade.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW 2015, 2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Fire_Fire_ Member
    edited August 2017

Adding to list of folks, R10 is buggy.  ONE STEP update conflicts created -- not related to financial institution servers.  Password manipulation inside vault, ONE STEP update settings not clean .   May revert to previous version of QUICKEN 2017 DELUXE.....Big frustration!  Is Quicken doing anything to correct?

Many times, customer support reps for Quicken have told me that I am the only person with a particular problem when it has been reported tens, or hundreds of times, in this forum.
  • Fire_Fire_ Member
    edited August 2017
    Did anyone else read the email from Quicken CEO Eric Dunn, dated 4 Aug 2017?

In summary, he says they are adding lots of new features to Quicken next year.

In summary, he does not acknowledge in any way that Quicken has been unstable since he took the role of CEO.

Eric Dunn is incompetent. Every problem with Quicken goes to the top. His blissful ignorance of the crappability of Quicken is inexcusable and cause for dismissal.

Hey Eric, here's the one and only - ONE AND ONLY - enhancement I want to Quicken 2018: PUT A BIRD ON IT.

And aside from that, put ALL RESOURCES on fixing bugs. On creating a stable version of Quicken. Connect the ears of Quicken The Company to the brain of Quicken The Company.

And put a bird on Quicken The Product. I want a twee bird right smack on the background of the ledger pane. The app will still suck, but at least it will be art.
  • HemantHemant Member
    edited August 2017
    Pat said:

FYI:  Quicken just auto updated to R10 and holding my breath while it was installing wondering if I was going to go through all the trouble as before.  Well, it did the update and I went right into the bank on a one step update.  It worked just fine!  No errors or anything like that.  Just thought I'd post that R10 seems to ok now, perhaps Q has fixed it?

I hope they did. I spent close to 4 hours chatting with some idiot at quicken who just could not acknowledge the issue at hand and kept on repeating same steps over and over again. Finally fixed it myself , however too scared/ gunshy to try doing the one step update for fear of it crashing again.
  • HemantHemant Member
    edited September 2017
    I concur 100%. Instead of improving, getting worse with every launch. If they did not force you to upgrade i would not upgrade until they have a stable product.
  • HemantHemant Member
    edited October 2018
    It's been over a month since they released this bulletin :
    As part of Quicken's separation from Intuit, we're moving from Intuit's
    authentication service (Intuit ID) to our new, secure, Quicken service
    (Quicken ID). 

Over the next 60 days, beginning 7/10, you'll receive a product update
    that will require you to create a new Quicken ID and password to
    continue using Quicken.  All supported Quicken products will have this
    product update available on or before 8/30/17.  You must update to the new patches and create a Quicken ID in order to maintain access to your previous Quicken purchases.

I updated a week ago, actually quicken did it automatically when doing the one step update. I get a blank white window instead of blank boxes to create new user ID and password and then it just freezes. Spent countless hours with agents who just have you uninstall and reinstall the program with no progress to resolve the issue. Are they made aware of this and other potential issues when a new update is released ? In the previous update release the customer would be given a option if he/she wants to update. Now, from what I been told the update patch is built in the one step update. So, once you do the one step update you are either happy or screwed. With Quicken it is the latter 99% of the time.
    Here is a demonstration of the incompetency of the support agents : Yesterday this guy Angelo tells me his knowledge base says one has to wait exactly one hour for the required log in info to APPEAR on the white window I was mentioning in my comment. LOL. Needless to say I terminated the chat.
    I was also told that unless they have enough customers complain about this issue they are not or unwilling to fix it.

PROBLEM IS NOT FIXED.
  • HemantHemant Member
    edited August 2017

Adding to list of folks, R10 is buggy.  ONE STEP update conflicts created -- not related to financial institution servers.  Password manipulation inside vault, ONE STEP update settings not clean .   May revert to previous version of QUICKEN 2017 DELUXE.....Big frustration!  Is Quicken doing anything to correct?

Likewise.
  • HemantHemant Member
    edited August 2017

Hi All,
    I'm sorry you're having these issues--can any of you provide more details about what exactly is not working?  Do you receive error messages?  Are all of your banks not updating, or just some?  If there are errors, please let us know the exact error number or take a screenshot (remove any personal info) and post it here so we can review what's happening and hopefully get this fixed for you.

Quicken Kathryn

I was expecting some response from you, Kathryn to help resolve the issue the Quicken users community is currently facing .
  • UKRUKR ✭✭✭✭✭ SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Hemant said:

(Quicken ID). 

product update available on or before 8/30/17.  You must update to the new patches and create a Quicken ID in order to maintain access to your previous Quicken purchases.

I updated a week ago, actually quicken did it automatically when doing the one step update. I get a blank white window instead of blank boxes to create new user ID and password and then it just freezes. Spent countless hours with agents who just have you uninstall and reinstall the program with no progress to resolve the issue. Are they made aware of this and other potential issues when a new update is released ? In the previous update release the customer would be given a option if he/she wants to update. Now, from what I been told the update patch is built in the one step update. So, once you do the one step update you are either happy or screwed. With Quicken it is the latter 99% of the time.
    Here is a demonstration of the incompetency of the support agents : Yesterday this guy Angelo tells me his knowledge base says one has to wait exactly one hour for the required log in info to APPEAR on the white window I was mentioning in my comment. LOL. Needless to say I terminated the chat.
    I was also told that unless they have enough customers complain about this issue they are not or unwilling to fix it.

PROBLEM IS NOT FIXED.

Hold your horses, Hemant.

Quicken hasn't released the update with the conversion from Intuit ID to Quicken ID yet. They still have time. The deadline is a month away.

So, please, stay tuned. Another patch will be coming soon.

• plaklm4504plaklm4504 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Barb said:

I'm having the same issue! Quicken, please help!!!

Can you share how you found a version with R6?  My chat session with Quicken Support told me that it was not possible.  I'm fine working with R6 until the bugs are fixed.
  • Mark FertigMark Fertig Member
    edited October 2018
    Why is this issue marked "Solved", when the original poster has indicated that it clearly is NOT solved?  
  • John CurranJohn Curran Member
    edited August 2017

same issue here  opened Quicken 2017  automatically started installing update.  when done I tried to pay a bill online  large white box  upper left corner says enter intuit ID lower left has checked box ; save to password vault and center has spinning circle that never stops

Thank you, have exact same problem.
  • BillBill Member
    edited August 2017
    roger that
  • Fire_Fire_ Member
    edited August 2017
    Hemant said:

(Quicken ID). 

PROBLEM IS NOT FIXED.

"Another patch will be coming soon."

I live in Houston, and that's akin to hearing "Another Harvey is coming soon."
  • splashersplasher ✭✭✭✭✭ SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Hemant said:

(Quicken ID). 

PROBLEM IS NOT FIXED.

Stay safe and as dry as possible.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW 2015, 2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Joshua KattJoshua Katt Member
    edited February 2018
    So today I see a notice to upgrade from R6 to R10 but please do an bank update first.  Which I did successfully then looked for a way to apply R10.  Now Q17 tells me I'm up to date at R6 but I still get prompted to update to R10.  After reading here, I'm glad I didn't get the patch.  Continues to be an utter clusterF of a program no matter what Mr. Dunn promises.   Here's a suggestion, focus on ONE f'ing product instead of 4 per platform and charge an annual fee to use it.  That way you have money coming in yearly and we don't bang our heads and waste time release after release.  
  • Fire_Fire_ Member
    edited August 2017
    Hemant said:

(Quicken ID). 

PROBLEM IS NOT FIXED.

Our house didn't take in water. We would have been on our roof if the reservoir dams had broken. Fortunately for our neighborhood, those dams were not built by Quicken.

Fire Eric Dunn.
  • HemantHemant Member
    edited August 2017

So today I see a notice to upgrade from R6 to R10 but please do an bank update first.  Which I did successfully then looked for a way to apply R10.  Now Q17 tells me I'm up to date at R6 but I still get prompted to update to R10.  After reading here, I'm glad I didn't get the patch.  Continues to be an utter clusterF of a program no matter what Mr. Dunn promises.   Here's a suggestion, focus on ONE f'ing product instead of 4 per platform and charge an annual fee to use it.  That way you have money coming in yearly and we don't bang our heads and waste time release after release.  

Roger that. Good for you and everyone else who were smart enough not to update to R10. I personally am going to hold off to update until I see a official bulletin stating the patch is complete with the crossover to Quicken sign in from Intuit or whatever Dunn was promising is done .
  • Fire_Fire_ Member
    edited August 2017

They went straight from R6 to R10, from what I can discern. That would indicate that beta testers got slammed three times before they decided to just throw out a release anyway. It demonstrates a complete lack of respect for Quicken customers; it demonstrates outright disdain. What must it be like to work there? Do employees take the Orpheus Express to get to work? Are they "heading straight down to Hades, ladies"? (*punk song by defunct Houston band Japanic)

Henceforth I will close all my posts in this forum with this:

Fire Eric Dunn.
  • HemantHemant Member
    edited August 2017

Why is this issue marked "Solved", when the original poster has indicated that it clearly is NOT solved?  

I have no clue. Ask Quicken. As far I am concerned my problem is NOT SOLVED !!!!
  • HemantHemant Member
    edited August 2017

I am having the same issue - PLEASE RESOLVE. 
    When I start one step update, it looks like it's going to ask for the quicken password, but I get a white screen instead -- no place to enter the login name and password.

Lot of unfortunate Quicken customers reporting the same issue on my thread. Please contact Quicken phone/ chat and report the issue.
  • Fire_Fire_ Member
    edited August 2017

I discovered a significant management problem with Quicken:

Their dev team is located in Bangalore. That tells us all we need to know. Quicken will get worse, not better.

There are probably some great software developers from Bangalore. This is a guess that I base on my experience with fellow developers who are Indian ex-pats (but not from Bangalore). Those great programmers and designers and QA from Bangalore are located in California, Seattle, and across the USA. Those remaining in Bangalore would perhaps also be great developers if they moved to the USA or Europe and were exposed to better opportunities and talented fellow developers.

I am a globalist, but not when it comes to software development. Hire in the USA.

Fire Eric Dunn.
  • edited August 2017

Hi All,
    I'm sorry you're having these issues--can any of you provide more details about what exactly is not working?  Do you receive error messages?  Are all of your banks not updating, or just some?  If there are errors, please let us know the exact error number or take a screenshot (remove any personal info) and post it here so we can review what's happening and hopefully get this fixed for you.

Quicken Kathryn

I am unable to receive updates from capital one. Says password in incorrect. I am able to download from capital one to quicken. Password is correct.
  • tstockholmtstockholm Member
    edited September 2017

Hi All,

Quicken Kathryn

Kathryn:  adding my $0.02   When clicking on the main one step update and having it run update on all my accounts only a few complete with that action:  ones with the key beside them indicating the password vault has the passwords.  The others don't have the key beside them and the error message is that I have canceled the update action (when I haven't).  If I open up the dropdown menu under One Step update and go down my accounts one by one they will update individually.  So bottomline is the overall One Step update to update all at once has stopped working.  I uninstalled and reinstalled 2017 and it did not fix the issue.
  • Joshua KattJoshua Katt Member
    edited August 2017

Hi All,

Quicken Kathryn

Capital One updates has been broken for several months now and these f'nuts keep denying its a problem.  Fire Eric Dunn!
  • calicatcalicat Member
    edited September 2017
    Hi everyone - I had this same problem on our Windows 10 PC where when I tried to bring in downloaded transactions into my Quicken 2017 Deluxe data file I got the blank pop-up that said "Enter Intuit ID password".  They helped me by asking whether I had an antivirus program running.  Since I was running Windows Defender with "Real-Time Protection", I turned "Real-Time Protection" off and then tried bringing in the transactions again.  This time it worked.
  • Susanne SmithSusanne Smith Member
    edited August 2017
    calicat said:

Hi everyone - I had this same problem on our Windows 10 PC where when I tried to bring in downloaded transactions into my Quicken 2017 Deluxe data file I got the blank pop-up that said "Enter Intuit ID password".  They helped me by asking whether I had an antivirus program running.  Since I was running Windows Defender with "Real-Time Protection", I turned "Real-Time Protection" off and then tried bringing in the transactions again.  This time it worked.

That worked like a charm for me after nothing else did.

Thanks Calicat !!!!!
  • Fire_Fire_ Member
    edited August 2017
    calicat said:

If that is not coincidence, then Windows Defender has identified Quicken as malware. I'm not running Windows Defender, so this workaround wouldn't be available to me.