QWIn 2017 Deluxe: Cannot perform one step update after updating to R10

Comments

• tstockholmtstockholm Member
    edited August 2017
    calicat said:

Hi everyone - I had this same problem on our Windows 10 PC where when I tried to bring in downloaded transactions into my Quicken 2017 Deluxe data file I got the blank pop-up that said "Enter Intuit ID password".  They helped me by asking whether I had an antivirus program running.  Since I was running Windows Defender with "Real-Time Protection", I turned "Real-Time Protection" off and then tried bringing in the transactions again.  This time it worked.

I turned off realtime protection and it had no effect - I'll check the firewall next
  • Jim CoupalJim Coupal Member
    edited August 2017

I am having the same issue - PLEASE RESOLVE. 
    When I start one step update, it looks like it's going to ask for the quicken password, but I get a white screen instead -- no place to enter the login name and password.

One person above suggested, and it worked for me, is to restart quicken about 4 or 5 times and it starts working again.  I have to use WebConnect with my bank, due to a bank software upgrade, but even that stopped working until I restarted 4 times.  It seems even with WebConnect, it is trying to make an Internet connection - not sure why it should.
  • John CurranJohn Curran Member
    edited August 2017
    calicat said:

Hi everyone - I had this same problem on our Windows 10 PC where when I tried to bring in downloaded transactions into my Quicken 2017 Deluxe data file I got the blank pop-up that said "Enter Intuit ID password".  They helped me by asking whether I had an antivirus program running.  Since I was running Windows Defender with "Real-Time Protection", I turned "Real-Time Protection" off and then tried bringing in the transactions again.  This time it worked.

Worked for me.  Sad that I've got to reduce virus protection to use Quicken features.
     Thank you Calicat!
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017

I am having the same issue - PLEASE RESOLVE. 
    When I start one step update, it looks like it's going to ask for the quicken password, but I get a white screen instead -- no place to enter the login name and password.

@Jim Coupal  
    It doesn't matter which method (Direct Connect, Express Web Connect or Web Connect) is used to import transactions, Quicken has to check with a Quicken server to make sure that the financial institution is a valid participating Quicken financial partner, so an internet connection has to be made.

Glad to hear you got it working again, I found it required a Windows reboot.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• brpetebrpete Member
    edited October 2018
    I have the same problem upgraded to 2017 R10 on Windows 10 and One Step Update stopped working. Even going into the individual account and selecting Update Now doesn't work. Same error CC-501. I tried ideas from this list; restart computer, start Quicken several times and turned off Virus realtime protection problem still exists. Any other ideas?
  • Susanne SmithSusanne Smith Member
    edited August 2017
    calicat said:

Just to be specific, I'm not running Windows Defender, but AVG.

Temporarily turning off AVG solved my problems
  • HemantHemant Member
    edited August 2017
    calicat said:

Glad to hear. What operating system are u using ?
  • marcyja1marcyja1 Member
    edited August 2017
    Barb said:

I'm having the same issue! Quicken, please help!!!

I spent 6 HOURS on the phone trying to remove R10 update, uninstall, reinstall, all kinds of nonsense.  The guy kept having to put me on hold to read more comment information.  Needless to say after 6 hours he gave up and they are supposed to call me back at 10:15 am today.....still waiting.  Nothing is working.Can anyone help me get back to V6?  I'm desperate! I have to invoice clients before the 1st.
    edited August 2017
    Barb said:

I was on R6 when the problem started - so my version of R6 also didn't work
  • Fire_Fire_ Member
    edited August 2017

Adding to list of folks, R10 is buggy.  ONE STEP update conflicts created -- not related to financial institution servers.  Password manipulation inside vault, ONE STEP update settings not clean .   May revert to previous version of QUICKEN 2017 DELUXE.....Big frustration!  Is Quicken doing anything to correct?

I've been censored on this thread by QuickenDave for the following reason:

"Inappropriate. Provides no information designed to
    help answer the original question."

The reason given is patently false. There are many replies, such as the one above, "Likewise", that meet that criterion and have not been removed. The reply that was removed was relevant.

Fire Eric Dunn and fire QuickenDave.
  • Fire_Fire_ Member
    edited August 2017
    Barb said:

Six hours in one call with Quicken customer service ties my record. My calls or chats with Quicken seldom last less than four hours.

Most of what they do is search this forum for the answer. They send me one link after another to threads in this forum that report the issue, but the solution is not there.

Fire Eric Dunn.
  • Susanne SmithSusanne Smith Member
    edited August 2017
    calicat said:

Win 10
  • Fire_Fire_ Member
    edited August 2017

Adding to list of folks, R10 is buggy.  ONE STEP update conflicts created -- not related to financial institution servers.  Password manipulation inside vault, ONE STEP update settings not clean .   May revert to previous version of QUICKEN 2017 DELUXE.....Big frustration!  Is Quicken doing anything to correct?

For those living in Texas, this is a link to the Texas Attorney General Consumer Complaint online form:
    https://texasattorneygeneral.gov/cpd/file-a-consumer-complaint

Also, if anyone is collecting complaintants for a class action suit against Quicken, I will join.

Fire Eric Dunn.
    edited August 2017
    Barb said:

Change your Windows UAC so that you are asked if a program should be allowed to make changes.
    Use QCleanui at QCleanUI - Clean Uninstall 
    Download the 2017R6 patch from this link Quicken Patches 
    Disable your internet connection
    Install QW2017 (it will not update at the end of the install)
    Run the R6 patch you downloaded
    Re-enable your internet connection
    Reboot Windows
    Run Quicken 

• BillBill Member
    edited August 2017
    UKR said:

Keep trying. Escape or "X" out of the Sign in Window or close Quicken with the Task Manager.

After three or four attempts you will be able to get a working Sign In screen.

no does not work for me
  • BillBill Member
    edited August 2017

Hi All,
    I'm sorry you're having these issues--can any of you provide more details about what exactly is not working?  Do you receive error messages?  Are all of your banks not updating, or just some?  If there are errors, please let us know the exact error number or take a screenshot (remove any personal info) and post it here so we can review what's happening and hopefully get this fixed for you.

Quicken Kathryn

My problem is blank password screen and therefore can't enter password.  Spent over 4 hours with Quicken.  She finally blamed it on internet settings and told me she can't do anything more. 
  • TerriTerri Member
    edited August 2017
    Barb said:

I kept getting a pop up box while trying to do one step update demanding that I log into Mint. Hours later long story short I figured out that I needed to reset the Intuit Password effectively leaving the Quicken one intact to regain access
  • SandySandy Member
    edited September 2017
    brpete said:

I have the same problem upgraded to 2017 R10 on Windows 10 and One Step Update stopped working. Even going into the individual account and selecting Update Now doesn't work. Same error CC-501. I tried ideas from this list; restart computer, start Quicken several times and turned off Virus realtime protection problem still exists. Any other ideas?

Like you I have tried all the suggestion here and still have the problem...one step updated does not work .... it freezes or does not respond and it take an hour to get quicken working again.  I am waiting for some one at quicken to fix this
  • WILLIAMWILLIAM Member
    edited September 2017
    brpete said:

At one point after the forced update I was able get the program to load but like everyone else one step  up date ceased the program. Also manual updates from banks, brokers and credit unions also crashed Quicken. Now I can't even get the program to load. 
  • Tester3Tester3 Member
    edited September 2017
    brpete said:

I am on Win 10 64 bit running Q 2017 R10 and all of my online accounts download with no issues at all.  There must be something about your configurations that is preventing R10 from installing properly.  I am using Windows 10 built in anti virus.
    edited September 2017
    brpete said:

same with me but I have to update each account individually and not with the overall one-step update.
  • brpetebrpete Member
    edited September 2017
    brpete said:

I spent over two hours with Quicken Online Chat support. We tried validating
    and repairing file,  verifying Internet
    properties, turning off internet explorer popups, turning the firewall off,
    reinstalling 2017 R10. The only thing that worked was to create a new Quicken
    file and start all over. However I then lose all my transaction history. For now, I think I will go with manually updating my transactions and watching this forum for a better solution.
    edited September 2017
    brpete said:

@brpete

Have you tried "Sign in as a different user" (Edit->Preferences->Intuit Id) and use the same Intuit Id as you had been using?

• WILLIAMWILLIAM Member
    edited September 2017
    brpete said:

I tried creating a completely new a account and got as far as the create screen for financial institutions but it would not connect with either Vanguard or Fidelity. So I backed up a tried creating a cash account and the program crashed right after entering an amount. 
  • SandySandy Member
    edited September 2017
    brpete said:

After having tried several different "suggested" ways to fix this issue and having nothing work, I have decided it is a quicken issue and they should fix it.  I will wait a few more weeks to see if they do. In the mean time I will start a search for another program to replace quicken.  It is to bad as I have been a quicken user since it was first introduced by Intuit.
  • brpetebrpete Member
    edited September 2017
    brpete said:

@splasher, I tried your suggestion but unfortunately it didn't fix my problem. Thanks, anyway.
  • WILLIAMWILLIAM Member
    edited September 2017
    brpete said:

I see the top of the thread says the problem is solved, but I see no solution posted nor has my on going issue been fixed. Quicken 2017 is still broken. And none of the fixes mentioned have made any difference.
  • HemantHemant Member
    edited September 2017
    brpete said:

I do not know why it states solved, since I posted it the problem is still there. I have tried everything but nothing seems to work. I my opinion the core problem is the Intuit/ Quicken login where they are supposed to migrate from Intuit login and create a new log in for Quicken. I have pointed that out to a few so called agents at support but they are clueless.It's the same drama over and over again. Clean uninstall, turnoff antivirus and firewall an reinstall, send a screen shot etc etc.
    Looking at other options to switch from this damn program. Anyone contemplated or used MoneyDance or CountAbout ?
    edited September 2017

Why is this issue marked "Solved", when the original poster has indicated that it clearly is NOT solved?  

Got one of the mods to change the status.

• Kevin HamptonKevin Hampton Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Barb said:

I run Windows 10 and when update notice appeared performed the update but now I cannot start Quicken at all!!! what is going on?