QWIn 2017 Deluxe: Cannot perform one step update after updating to R10

Comments

• Kevin HamptonKevin Hampton Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017

Hi All,
    I'm sorry you're having these issues--can any of you provide more details about what exactly is not working?  Do you receive error messages?  Are all of your banks not updating, or just some?  If there are errors, please let us know the exact error number or take a screenshot (remove any personal info) and post it here so we can review what's happening and hopefully get this fixed for you.

Quicken Kathryn

I can't use the program at all now after performing a software update, what the hell is going on!
    edited September 2017
    Barb said:

I'm having the same issue! Quicken, please help!!!

I need a solution ASAP!!!
    edited September 2017

Hi All,
    I'm sorry you're having these issues--can any of you provide more details about what exactly is not working?  Do you receive error messages?  Are all of your banks not updating, or just some?  If there are errors, please let us know the exact error number or take a screenshot (remove any personal info) and post it here so we can review what's happening and hopefully get this fixed for you.

Quicken Kathryn

It says a version of the program is already running and to restart my computer if this error keeps showing up.  It doesn't work and need immediate solution! HELP!!!!
  • WILLIAMWILLIAM Member
    edited September 2017

Hi All,

Quicken Kathryn

Great support right?
    They continue to act like this is an isolated problem, but it's been going on since the last forced (pushed without asking) update. 

In fact these types of issues have been going for a long time if you look back over the entries in this forum. I think many people like myself are looking into replacements for Quicken so we can get away from this platform. 
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Barb said:

I'm having the same issue! Quicken, please help!!!

This is a user-to-user forum.  

If you need immediate help, contact Quicken support at this link: Contact Support 
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• WILLIAMWILLIAM Member
    edited September 2017

Hi All,

Quicken Kathryn

If any of my financial institutions were this blasé about using their services I'd move all my funds out the same day.
  • WILLIAMWILLIAM Member
    edited September 2017

Hi All,

Quicken Kathryn

Kevin although this is a "user to user" forum I think it behoves all users that are being affected by Quicken's lousy customer service to be as public as possible. If users call Quicken out on Face Book and Twitter etc. maybe the bad publicity will get some action from Quicken. In the mean time searching for a replacement is probably a good idea. 
  • Tester3Tester3 Member
    edited September 2017
    calicat said:

Hi everyone - I had this same problem on our Windows 10 PC where when I tried to bring in downloaded transactions into my Quicken 2017 Deluxe data file I got the blank pop-up that said "Enter Intuit ID password".  They helped me by asking whether I had an antivirus program running.  Since I was running Windows Defender with "Real-Time Protection", I turned "Real-Time Protection" off and then tried bringing in the transactions again.  This time it worked.

I am running Win 10 64 bit and Q2017 R10 with no issues.  I am using the built in Windows Defender.  What AV are those of you having problems running?
  • HemantHemant Member
    edited September 2017

Hi All,

Quicken Kathryn

I am considering replacing quicken with one of this 4: MoneyDance, Mint, Personal Capital , CountAbout.. I don't believe the problem is ever going to be fixed.
  • Don AwaltDon Awalt Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I updated to R10 under Windows 10 this morning (Quicken 2017), and now I get a blank white back with nothing in it and a pie plate spinning, asking me to log into Intuit. My internet connect is perfect 500 Mbps down/45 Mbps up. I am unable to connect to anything thanks to this disaster update.
    edited April 2018
    I ran a Validate on the file, everything was perfect. I tried connecting again, this time it let me enter my Intuit user and password, then it sent a 2 step verification code to my phone, I entered the code, and I got an Intuit screen back saying "Uh-oh, something went wrong, try again." I tried again, same thing happened. 
  • Joshua KattJoshua Katt Member
    edited February 2018
    I have not updated yet, I think cause I once tried but it failed, and got the cutise "oh no" message today after being forced to enter the ID & password. Did these ahole cutover to the upcoming new ID system & not let anyone know? That would be expected from these clowns...
    edited September 2017
    Don Awalt said:

I ran a Validate on the file, everything was perfect. I tried connecting again, this time it let me enter my Intuit user and password, then it sent a 2 step verification code to my phone, I entered the code, and I got an Intuit screen back saying "Uh-oh, something went wrong, try again." I tried again, same thing happened. 

Just tried again, and instead of getting the Uh-oh problem on our end message, the box where you enter the validation number just sits there and does nothing. I eventually closed the box. This is really a mess.
  • HemantHemant Member
    edited September 2017
    Don Awalt said:

I have done all the steps you have done including clean uninstall and reinstall. Quicken auto updates as soon as you do the one step update and then quits with a blank sub window.
  • HemantHemant Member
    edited September 2017
    I have been experimenting with all different solutions to make the one step update work. Unfortunately nothing seems to work. Quicken just auto updates to R10 which without doubt is the issue.I had reinstalled with the internet off to R2 version. Managed to do one manual update,but soon after it updated itself as soon as quicken launched. Windows UAC does not work despite claims on this forum. Just FYI, for anybody who is following this thread, Quicken did acknowledge that this is a known issue and they are " working on a solution ".When ? That's a million $$ ?? Knowing quicken over the last decade and more, probably never, It just gets worse on every update. If anybody has a solution please do post a response. Any suggestions are welcome.
  • Gerald VozelGerald Vozel Member
    edited September 2017
    I am using Win17 Premier. Yesterday while I was manually entering transaction data in an investment account, R10 started to automatically download. Then the investment acct screen went white except for column headings. Closed the program and restarted, got error message. Closed and restarted several times and kept getting error message. Finally it allowed me to open program and when I went into that acct, same white screen.  Went into other accts, including other investment accounts and they worked. Call Q Support and spent 3 hrs trying to fix problem. Nothing worked. Tech finally concluded my data file was corrupted and it had something to do with their server and R10.  But had no solutions. I restored the file from previous backup but lost 2 weeks of data.  Then began to re-enter the lost data manually today and when I got to the same point where I lost data yesterday - the white screen appeared again in the same investment account (again this is not downloaded data, it is all manually entered by me).  I noticed similar issues from other posts but all seemed to be related web connections with banks but none like this.  With this many comments on the auto download of R10, this has to be related to R10. Anyone have a similar issue? I plan to call Q Support again today. UGH!!!
  • WILLIAMWILLIAM Member
    edited September 2017

I am using Win17 Premier. Yesterday while I was manually entering transaction data in an investment account, R10 started to automatically download. Then the investment acct screen went white except for column headings. Closed the program and restarted, got error message. Closed and restarted several times and kept getting error message. Finally it allowed me to open program and when I went into that acct, same white screen.  Went into other accts, including other investment accounts and they worked. Call Q Support and spent 3 hrs trying to fix problem. Nothing worked. Tech finally concluded my data file was corrupted and it had something to do with their server and R10.  But had no solutions. I restored the file from previous backup but lost 2 weeks of data.  Then began to re-enter the lost data manually today and when I got to the same point where I lost data yesterday - the white screen appeared again in the same investment account (again this is not downloaded data, it is all manually entered by me).  I noticed similar issues from other posts but all seemed to be related web connections with banks but none like this.  With this many comments on the auto download of R10, this has to be related to R10. Anyone have a similar issue? I plan to call Q Support again today. UGH!!!

I've had all the issues mentioned. In fact my last post warning people of R10 issues and Quicken's lack of support was removed. See below:

Quicken Kathryn, a moderator for Quicken, gave this reason for the change:

Violation of Community Guidelines: argumentative, off topic.
  • WILLIAMWILLIAM Member
    edited September 2017
    Hemant said:

I have been experimenting with all different solutions to make the one step update work. Unfortunately nothing seems to work. Quicken just auto updates to R10 which without doubt is the issue.I had reinstalled with the internet off to R2 version. Managed to do one manual update,but soon after it updated itself as soon as quicken launched. Windows UAC does not work despite claims on this forum. Just FYI, for anybody who is following this thread, Quicken did acknowledge that this is a known issue and they are " working on a solution ".When ? That's a million $$ ?? Knowing quicken over the last decade and more, probably never, It just gets worse on every update. If anybody has a solution please do post a response. Any suggestions are welcome.

I've had all the issues mentioned. In fact my last post warning people of R10 issues and Quicken's lack of support was removed. See below:

Quicken Kathryn, a moderator for Quicken, gave this reason for the change:Violation of Community Guidelines: argumentative, off topic.

• WILLIAMWILLIAM Member
    edited September 2017
    Don Awalt said:

Quicken Kathryn, a moderator for Quicken, gave this reason for the change:Violation of Community Guidelines: argumentative, off topic.

• SandySandy Member
    edited September 2017
    Don Awalt said:

That reflex badly on Quicken, if they don't get their act together they are not going to have any customers left
  • HemantHemant Member
    edited September 2017
    It's R10 without doubt until proven otherwise. It's NOT the operating system as one of the many Quicken reps i chatted with suggested. I have Win 7. Saw people with similar issue using Win 10. Tried installing with antivirus and firewall on and off ; Same result :( As I stated in one of earlier post that one of the agents acknowledged that there was a issue. What I think would be nice is for  Quicken to post updates about this known issue, so the poor customers don't spend their valuable time trying to fix something which is not going to be fixed on a consumer level.
  • HemantHemant Member
    edited September 2017
    Don Awalt said:

Agree. It's a violation of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution.
  • WILLIAMWILLIAM Member
    edited September 2017
    I agree. Instead they seem to try to discount all the bug/trouble reports for their customers have submitted. And the mods here suppress some comments that they view as negative.
  • WILLIAMWILLIAM Member
    edited September 2017
    WILLIAM said:

I agree. Instead they seem to try to discount all the bug/trouble reports for their customers have submitted. And the mods here suppress some comments that they view as negative.

I guessing that they may have never heard of the Barbra "Streisand Effect"
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Don Awalt said:

From C. D. Bales:

"It's a violation of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution".

Nonsense.

This community is privately owned. You are only entitled to speak here, if you adhere to the rules established by Quicken, who owns this Community; they pay to make this Community available to Quicken users.

There is nothing in the U.S. Constitution that requires any private person, or organization, to provide (pay for) a venue (or the equipment) to make it possible for anyone to speak, much less to say whatever they want to say.

If you want unlimited ability to say what you want: create your own online forum.

But remember, where ever you comment: false statements will do nothing to help solve your problem.
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Don Awalt said:

From me, myself, and I:

"It's a violation of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution".

Hogwash!
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Gene RampaleGene Rampale Member
    edited September 2017

same issue here  opened Quicken 2017  automatically started installing update.  when done I tried to pay a bill online  large white box  upper left corner says enter intuit ID lower left has checked box ; save to password vault and center has spinning circle that never stops

Same here, another fin tech dumpster fire. Wish there was something out there to switch to.
    edited September 2017

I am having the same issue - PLEASE RESOLVE. 
    When I start one step update, it looks like it's going to ask for the quicken password, but I get a white screen instead -- no place to enter the login name and password.

I don't use that One Step Update. I download the QFX files directly from my bank. Quicken should not need any authentication or security checks when I open them. 
    edited September 2017

So today I see a notice to upgrade from R6 to R10 but please do an bank update first.  Which I did successfully then looked for a way to apply R10.  Now Q17 tells me I'm up to date at R6 but I still get prompted to update to R10.  After reading here, I'm glad I didn't get the patch.  Continues to be an utter clusterF of a program no matter what Mr. Dunn promises.   Here's a suggestion, focus on ONE f'ing product instead of 4 per platform and charge an annual fee to use it.  That way you have money coming in yearly and we don't bang our heads and waste time release after release.  

Exactly how do you do that when it was a background update, with no warning or refusal box?
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017

I am having the same issue - PLEASE RESOLVE. 
    When I start one step update, it looks like it's going to ask for the quicken password, but I get a white screen instead -- no place to enter the login name and password.

@Gene Rampale

Sure it does.  Quicken requires that a financial institution be a participating member with a signed agreement to be able to provide downloadable Web Connect .QFX files. 
    To confirm that agreement, Quicken has to check with their servers as to the status of the FI involved in the downloaded file.  That connection to confirm requires credentials (the Intuit or Quicken Id depending on version) for authentication.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list