QWIn 2017 Deluxe: Cannot perform one step update after updating to R10

Comments

• SandySandy Member
    edited September 2017

I am having the same issue - PLEASE RESOLVE. 
    When I start one step update, it looks like it's going to ask for the quicken password, but I get a white screen instead -- no place to enter the login name and password.

Authentication aside the One Step Update still does not work for me.
  • Gene RampaleGene Rampale Member
    edited September 2017

When I start one step update, it looks like it's going to ask for the quicken password, but I get a white screen instead -- no place to enter the login name and password.

@splasher
    Quicken may require a signed agreement with the fin co, but there is no reason Quicken needs to check against me. The fin co just has to provide data formatted in a way Quicken can use. Have you ever looked at a .QFX file? It is an an UNSIGNED xml file type. No encryption keys, no certs, ho hashs, and not even code signed.
    edited September 2017

@Sandy
    I deleted my PIN vault as I never use it. I use a separate password manager. It started to work after that. Don't delete unless you have a backup list.
    I am running the Windows 10 Insiders Preview 16288.1, so at least it still works on the fall creators version coming out soon. 
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017

@Gene Rampale

To authenticate that the FI is valid, YOUR Quicken has to sign in to a Quicken authentication server and that requires an Id and Password for security.  

Just like you can not get information from your FI without logging in, Quicken requires that same level of security.

Whether you like it or not, those are the facts of life and security is a very serious issue.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW 2015, 2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

edited September 2017

I think you are confused. I am talking about me logging into my fin co and downloading the QFX file directly to my computer. That QFX file is generated at the bank not Quicken. It would take a skilled code writer ten minutes to output a QFX file.

Quicken has an agreement with the fin co to provide a QFX formatted file. My fin co could care less if I use Quicken, Money or a plain csv file. My auth to my fin co provides access to my statement, formatted in several different formats including the QFX standard.

There is absolutely no reason Quicken needs to get in the middle of that transaction. As I stated earlier, the QFX file is essentially a plain text file.

I am not sure of how the passwords in the vault are encrypted, but I am not about to find out. I prefer open source password managers that can run 256 bit AES or better encryption.
    edited September 2017

No, I'm not confused, you just don't understand the whole process despite my previous explanations.  So, I will try one LAST time.  

Lets say the Quicken did not check to see if the FI was a valid participating partner, then any FI that wanted to could create .QFX files and provide them to their customers without paying the Quicken licensing fee.

Now, if the licensing is not enforced, what FI in their right mind would ever pay the fee.

So to enforce the licensing, Quicken contacts their server and confirms that the FI is a participating partner and to do that there needs to be an Id and password to make that connection securely.  They used to do it anonymously, but security has gotten tighter in financial related software due to all of the hacks.

There are some users out there whose FI does not support Quicken and they will download either a .TXT or .CSV file, use a converter to create a .QFX file, but to get it to be accepted, they falsify the FI to get past the authentication process.

• tstockholmtstockholm Member
    edited September 2017

I have the same problem. I can manually download from bank site but not from Quicken after R10 download.

I'm convinced its an issue with the password vault - something in R10 messed up the vault and the calls from the vault when the one-step update is running
  • edited September 2017
    Add me to the list of very unhappy Quicken users.  R10 downloaded and installed without prompting, and One-Step Updates no longer update into register,  The download history indicates transactions downloaded, but the account states there are not any new transactions to accept.  Tried chatting twice, but they eventually disconnected the call after several hours when unable to resolve.
  • HemantHemant Member
    edited October 2018
    Has anyone installed the the R12 update released 9.15 ?
    edited September 2017
    Hemant said:

I installed QW2017R11 & R12 and both ran/run fine for me, BUT, I don't use QMobile, Credit Score or Express Web Connect download method.  

All my connections are either Direct Connect or Web Connect.

• Don AwaltDon Awalt Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Odd - for me, R10 is the latest - I just checked for updates again and that's what it reported. I wonder if they pulled the later releases?
    edited September 2017
    Don Awalt said:

Odd - for me, R10 is the latest - I just checked for updates again and that's what it reported. I wonder if they pulled the later releases?

No, they are in staged release, but if you want, you can download the patch from this link: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-2017-windows-release-notes-updates-and-mondo-patch

Download / save / execute the Mondo patch if you are going to do so.

edited September 2017
    Don Awalt said:

Thanks for clarifying that!
  • HemantHemant Member
    edited September 2017
    Hemant said:

Mine are the same. I read the post from Quicken stating staged release of R12 Update ? What does ' staged " mean ? Should I try downloading the recent R12  Mondo Patch ?
    edited September 2017
    Hemant said:

Quicken turns on the newer download, lets a given number of users get it and then reverts to the prior version.

They then wait to see if there are major issues not caught in testing.

They do that a few times and then when they are confident that all is well, they make it a general release.

In times past, they have not posted the downloads on the website until the general release, but since QW2017 R11 & R12 are changing the Id (Intuit vs Quicken) used and making the Intuit Id unusable at the same time, users with multiple installations need to have ALL of their computers at the same release. 

Same thing applies to someone who might need to reinstall Quicken, once at R11+, they need to be able to patch back to that level.

edited September 2017
    yep - they did something in testing R12 -- if you install R12 one-step update works again
  • Joshua KattJoshua Katt Member
    edited October 2018
    I was recently censored although the suggestions are top notch so I am going to clean it up & post again:

So today I see a notice to upgrade from R6 to R10 but please do an bank update first.  Which I did successfully then looked for a way to apply R10.  Now Q17 tells me I'm up to date at R6 but I still get prompted to update to R10.  After reading here, I'm glad I didn't get the patch.  Continues to be an issue of poor releases no matter what what Mr. Dunn promises.   

Here's 2 suggestions:

#1 -  Focus on ONE product instead of 4 per platform and charge an annual fee to use it.  
    That way you have money coming in yearly and we don't bang our heads and waste time release after release trying to figure out what went wrong.  Otherwise Quicken is trying to fix 2015, 2016, 2017 and the upcoming 2018 release.  A tremendous juggling act when then is multiplied by the different platforms.  I'd gladly pay $50 per year for one stable product that does not change or add unneeded features from year to year.  Basic math has not changed since the first release!

#2 - Please post clearly on his home page, a list of known issues being worked on, in one place, so we don't waste time endlessly trying things that can't work.  The Capital One and Barclays problem, for instance.  Just be honest and we'll understand.

Thank you.
    edited September 2017

I was recently censored although the suggestions are top notch so I am going to clean it up & post again:

So today I see a notice to upgrade from R6 to R10 but please do an bank update first.  Which I did successfully then looked for a way to apply R10.  Now Q17 tells me I'm up to date at R6 but I still get prompted to update to R10.  After reading here, I'm glad I didn't get the patch.  Continues to be an issue of poor releases no matter what what Mr. Dunn promises.   

Here's 2 suggestions:

#1 -  Focus on ONE product instead of 4 per platform and charge an annual fee to use it.  
    That way you have money coming in yearly and we don't bang our heads and waste time release after release trying to figure out what went wrong.  Otherwise Quicken is trying to fix 2015, 2016, 2017 and the upcoming 2018 release.  A tremendous juggling act when then is multiplied by the different platforms.  I'd gladly pay $50 per year for one stable product that does not change or add unneeded features from year to year.  Basic math has not changed since the first release!

#2 - Please post clearly on his home page, a list of known issues being worked on, in one place, so we don't waste time endlessly trying things that can't work.  The Capital One and Barclays problem, for instance.  Just be honest and we'll understand.

Thank you.

R12 fixes the issue
    edited September 2017

Here's 2 suggestions:

Thank you.

Great, thanks.  Until the next break/fix and a month+ goes by without communication or resolution.  There are several root causes that need to be addressed for the long haul...
  • HemantHemant Member
    edited September 2017

Here's 2 suggestions:

Thank you.

Problem still not resolved !!!
    Updated to R12M patch via link provided by Quicken. Get a window on startup prompting to create a Quicken ID. Upon clicking the " Get Started " button on the bottom I get a blank white window. Forget about one step update, now the data file does not load !!! Does anyone else have the same issue ? For those of you who got it working after the R10  update, would you please mind sharing your success stories ? Thank you
    edited September 2017

Here's 2 suggestions:

Thank you.

I read this is now a R13 this morning.  Having to finalize & file my taxes in the next 20 days scares the bejesus out of me with regards to updating...
  • HemantHemant Member
    edited September 2017

Here's 2 suggestions:

Thank you.

May I ask where you saw the R13 ?
  • HemantHemant Member
    edited September 2017

yep - they did something in testing R12 -- if you install R12 one-step update works again

Were you able to register for /change your intuit Id/password to the new Quicken ? I get a blank screen when I click on the get started button
    edited September 2017

Here's 2 suggestions:

Thank you.

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/did-we-get-an-update-this-morning
    edited September 2017

Here's 2 suggestions:

Thank you.

Re: R13, in my case I just ran Quicken this morning and the update for it came up.
    edited September 2017

yes
    edited September 2017

Here's 2 suggestions:

Thank you.

After seeing the post in another thread, I ran OSU in QW2017 and got the offer and accepted it.

Worked for me, subsequent OSU was successful.

• HemantHemant Member
    edited September 2017
    Hemant said:

When I reinstalled Quicken it automatically updated to R10 and not R12. I then manually updated to R12 Mondo from the link ( Turned off antivirus ,restarted pc etc, ). Got a window " welcome Quicken user......Create a Quicken ID ". Clicked on the " Get Started " button and got a white empty window. l let  it sit for a while hoping " something " to load where I can input info but nothing happened. Was on hold with Quicken CS over a hour last night . Any suggestions will be highly appreciated !Thanks
  • HemantHemant Member
    edited September 2017

Here's 2 suggestions:

Thank you.

Is the R13 specific for 2017 Premier or does it work for 2017 Deluxe too ? Also, does one have to wait for Quicken to autoupdate to R12/ R13 or can you manually download the patch and install ?
  • RhinecliffRhinecliff Member
    edited September 2017

Here's 2 suggestions:

Thank you.

Will work for Quicken Deluxe 2017 and all other Quicken 2017 for Windows versions.
    You can get R13 here:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-2017-windows-release-notes-updates-and-mondo-patch

Note: You do not have to install R12 first.  Just go to the link above, download R13 and then install R13.