QWIn 2017 Deluxe: Cannot perform one step update after updating to R10

12346»

Comments

• HemantHemant Member
    edited September 2017

I was recently censored although the suggestions are top notch so I am going to clean it up & post again:

So today I see a notice to upgrade from R6 to R10 but please do an bank update first.  Which I did successfully then looked for a way to apply R10.  Now Q17 tells me I'm up to date at R6 but I still get prompted to update to R10.  After reading here, I'm glad I didn't get the patch.  Continues to be an issue of poor releases no matter what what Mr. Dunn promises.   

Here's 2 suggestions:

#1 -  Focus on ONE product instead of 4 per platform and charge an annual fee to use it.  
    That way you have money coming in yearly and we don't bang our heads and waste time release after release trying to figure out what went wrong.  Otherwise Quicken is trying to fix 2015, 2016, 2017 and the upcoming 2018 release.  A tremendous juggling act when then is multiplied by the different platforms.  I'd gladly pay $50 per year for one stable product that does not change or add unneeded features from year to year.  Basic math has not changed since the first release!

#2 - Please post clearly on his home page, a list of known issues being worked on, in one place, so we don't waste time endlessly trying things that can't work.  The Capital One and Barclays problem, for instance.  Just be honest and we'll understand.

Thank you.

Today updated to R14M. Following the update on launching Quicken I got this window first:
    I clicked on the "Get started" on the bottom and this window and get this window :
    Spent over 4 hours chatting with CS, uninstalled and reinstalled etc, etc .I can't create a quicken ID . Supposed to be a critical update for downloading transactions but is not working for me. I guess most or all of the users following this forum has the issue resolved as I don't see any new posts on my or anywhere else. I don't know hat I am doing wrong or what is holding the update from working like it should . Any suggestions are most welcome and highly appreciated. Thanks
  • splashersplasher ✭✭✭✭✭ SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017

I was recently censored although the suggestions are top notch so I am going to clean it up & post again:

So today I see a notice to upgrade from R6 to R10 but please do an bank update first.  Which I did successfully then looked for a way to apply R10.  Now Q17 tells me I'm up to date at R6 but I still get prompted to update to R10.  After reading here, I'm glad I didn't get the patch.  Continues to be an issue of poor releases no matter what what Mr. Dunn promises.   

Here's 2 suggestions:

#1 -  Focus on ONE product instead of 4 per platform and charge an annual fee to use it.  
    That way you have money coming in yearly and we don't bang our heads and waste time release after release trying to figure out what went wrong.  Otherwise Quicken is trying to fix 2015, 2016, 2017 and the upcoming 2018 release.  A tremendous juggling act when then is multiplied by the different platforms.  I'd gladly pay $50 per year for one stable product that does not change or add unneeded features from year to year.  Basic math has not changed since the first release!

#2 - Please post clearly on his home page, a list of known issues being worked on, in one place, so we don't waste time endlessly trying things that can't work.  The Capital One and Barclays problem, for instance.  Just be honest and we'll understand.

Thank you.

@Hemant ;

Might I suggest you check out the Windows tool for making screenshots called Snipping Tool

It is on the Windows Start menu in the Accessories folder and is much easier to use than taking pictures. 

It also allows to you select how much you want to capture easily.

About your issue, I wish I had a solution that was new and not already suggested several times.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW 2015, 2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• HemantHemant Member
    edited September 2017

Here's 2 suggestions:

Thank you.

Thank you
  • Joshua KattJoshua Katt Member
    edited October 2018
    So I am still on Win7 2107R6 and see how they are up to R14 and appear to be updating almost daily.  What do i do?  Deathly afraid of the 9-30-17 "deadline".  Living for months now with the Captial One nonsense and hate to see it get worse.   Thanks for any advice.  
  • edited September 2017

Hi All,
    I'm sorry you're having these issues--can any of you provide more details about what exactly is not working?  Do you receive error messages?  Are all of your banks not updating, or just some?  If there are errors, please let us know the exact error number or take a screenshot (remove any personal info) and post it here so we can review what's happening and hopefully get this fixed for you.

Quicken Kathryn

• edited September 2017

Hi All,
    I'm sorry you're having these issues--can any of you provide more details about what exactly is not working?  Do you receive error messages?  Are all of your banks not updating, or just some?  If there are errors, please let us know the exact error number or take a screenshot (remove any personal info) and post it here so we can review what's happening and hopefully get this fixed for you.

Quicken Kathryn

• edited September 2017

Hi All,

Quicken Kathryn

I deactivated them - per advice from another blog.  imageI get this message when trying to reactivate.  image
  • Joshua KattJoshua Katt Member
    edited September 2017

So I am still on Win7 2107R6 and see how they are up to R14 and appear to be updating almost daily.  What do i do?  Deathly afraid of the 9-30-17 "deadline".  Living for months now with the Captial One nonsense and hate to see it get worse.   Thanks for any advice.  

Well finally at R15 we seem to be working although the Capital One and Barclays not connecting nonsense still continues and now American Express bank.  Plus Cap One locks up the program everytime I try there fix. 

And a horrible upgrade experience with the Mondo patch requiring an hour of wasted time to research and finally set up a fake windows 7 user account - a "known problem " for over 6 months now otherwise it refused to instal

I've said it before, I'll say it again. STOP trying to support, "develop" and fix FOUR versions (2015, 2016, 2017 and the obviously upcoming 2018) TIMES the Win, mobile, Candian, etc platforms.  You don't have the time, talent nor Management to do so.

GIVE US ONE STABLE PRODUCT, CHARGE A FAIR ANNUAL FEE AND ENJOY YOUR COULD BE PROFITABLE NEAR MONOPOLY!!!!
  • splashersplasher ✭✭✭✭✭ SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017

@Joshua Katt

You evidently aren't paying attention.  They are trying to get there, but transitioning from Intuit to Quicken Ids requires making changes to ALL supported versions.

If Quicken's business plan implemented with Canadian Quicken is any indication, US Quicken will be going to a subscription plan with only one version of Quicken going forward (with Cdn and Mac variants), but they still have to support the existing versions until they are discontinued with QW2017 being dropped in April 2020.

Doing so before then would be unfair to those users that bought the versions before the subscription model was/is put in place.

Something tells me that the folks in Canada have a different opinion than you about support for Canadian Quicken and you didn't even mention the Mac version (good idea, they are a rather vocal group, they might suggest tar and feathers for you).
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW 2015, 2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Malcolm XMalcolm X Member
    edited September 2017

splasher, you have just committed a felony, advocating for physical violence and hate crimes against a Quicken customer.
  • mshigginsmshiggins ✭✭✭✭✭ SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017

Uh...what?
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Ron SRon S Member
    edited September 2017
    brpete said:

I have the same problem upgraded to 2017 R10 on Windows 10 and One Step Update stopped working. Even going into the individual account and selecting Update Now doesn't work. Same error CC-501. I tried ideas from this list; restart computer, start Quicken several times and turned off Virus realtime protection problem still exists. Any other ideas?

Quicken support didn't work for me, I wasted over 2 hours with them. They had me change internet settings and doing everything except fix Quicken. They referred me to Microsoft, my ISP, and my PC manufacturer claiming something external to Quicken was blocking the update.  I would suggest you make sure you have a backup of your file.  Then uninstall Quicken, Run QIclean,Reinstall Quicken then immediately run the mondo patch.
  • brpetebrpete Member
    edited October 2017
    Finally my downloading transactions is working again on Windows 10 Quicken 2017 R10. I followed @ArticHare advise; "You've now exhausted all suggestions that I can offer
    other than to seek assistance from Quicken's Office of the President, who will
    connect you with a Senior Support Tech. You can contact the Office of the
    President at: https://www.quicken.com/about-us/team"

After a couple of scheduled calls from an escalated support team, we worked through the problem. 

After the problem was resolved I asked the support person; I know a number of people are having the same problem, do you have to work with each of them to solve their problem? To my astonishment, he replied, "yes, in fact after this call I'm calling another person that as the same problem."