Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

(Quicken Mac 2017) Investment Payments of Principle is downloading as Interest Income.

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited October 2018 in Investing (Mac)
When downloading Merryll Lynch transactions, "principle payments" are being recorded as Interest Income. Result: Quicken Mac 2017 Reports on "Interest Income" for brokerage investment accounts is incorrect. Come-on folks  

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited October 2018
    That sounds like ML is applying the wrong transaction type ... because it's determined from the brokerage firm ... NOT by Q.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Thanks I will check that out with ML.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited August 2017
    ddhyper said:

Thanks I will check that out with ML.

In QWin, which I use, I'd look at the OFX Log to see what ML is sending.  Don't know if there's a counterpart in QMac.

Dig around under the HELP menu to see what you can find.

AND, I fully expect ML to deny any wrongdoing.  ALL of the banks/brokers/etc try to blame Q when the bank/etc has no idea what's happening.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2017
    Could be an issue with ML but once it downloads you can edit the category to reflect investment payments, you would need to set up the correct category and apply if the download is not correct.