Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Quicken for Mac 2017

Mark415
Mark415 Member ✭✭
edited June 2018 in Investing (Mac)
Quicken Company purchased the Quicken for Mac product, and it still can't specify stock lots to sell. When is this company going to fix the problem! This is a basic component of buying and selling stocks! I am so disappointed in this company!

Comments

• DON63
    DON63 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    It is a pain in the butt every time I sell only a portion of a stock that was has multiple purchases. The only way I could do did was to create fake dates of the lots that I am selling. There are times when you want to identify lots for tax purposes.

This is very important for a taxable brokerage account to get the desired gain or lost for tax purposes.

This has been a problem for years. It is about time that Quicken fixes this!
  • Mark415
    Mark415 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Thank you for reply. There is no excuse that Quicken Company does not fix this problem!
    I called tech support several times to complain, but they don't care! This company was the worst thing that happened to this program. There is no corporate telephone number, and no way to express your problems. This company will get what it deserves. The lowest ratings, and will not recommend to any friends or family. This is exactly how not to run a company. I own an Apple Computer, and their tech support is the best! If you have a problem they solve it, and if they can't they go to their engineering department, and provide a fix, even if it is several weeks later. What a company.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited August 2017
    Mark said:

Thank you for reply. There is no excuse that Quicken Company does not fix this problem!
    I called tech support several times to complain, but they don't care! This company was the worst thing that happened to this program. There is no corporate telephone number, and no way to express your problems. This company will get what it deserves. The lowest ratings, and will not recommend to any friends or family. This is exactly how not to run a company. I own an Apple Computer, and their tech support is the best! If you have a problem they solve it, and if they can't they go to their engineering department, and provide a fix, even if it is several weeks later. What a company.

Mark, there is telephone support and chat support, both easily reached from the Quicken Support page (www.quicken.com/contact-support). You can also send an email to the Office of the President via a link at the top of this page.

Comparing Quicken to Apple in terms of development or support just doesn't make sense. Apple has more than 110,000 employees; Quicken has closer to 110. Quicken just doesn't have the resources to tackle all the features customers want them to.

As for the issue with selling individual lots, the Quicken product manager has acknowledged that this is one of the top issues customers have requested. They don't pre-announce upcoming features, but it seems likely this is in the development pipeline. They certainly know it's a feature customers need; it's just a matter of how soon it gets completed and released. Quicken 2018 is around the corner, so one can hope this will be one of the new features with the next release.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993