Home Quicken for Mac Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac Manage Accounts and Transactions (Mac)

Add "Show all occurrences in next xx days" to bottom of register toolbar (updated) (2 Legacy vote)

Al CoonsAl Coons Member ✭✭
My default on "Show All Occurrences in next xx days" is 14. Most of the time, more days is too much information to be useful.  However, I often need to temporally increase the number of days. The more I go into setting, get out of it, then change it back makes me wonder why not make this choice a pull down at the bottom of the register screen, perhaps next to "settings" or "print" or anywhere down there.  Thanks for your consideration.
1 votes

No Status · Last Updated

Comments

• RickORickO SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    I agree it would be handy to have it in the register toolbar and I voted for the idea.

A couple things for you to consider...

1) There's a keyboard shortcut (Cmd-Control-S) to open account settings, which might make it quicker for you to get to the setting. If you don't like that particular shortcut, you can assign a different on in macOS System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > App Shortcuts.

2) Have you tried the "Show next occurrence of each series" option? I have that set for all of my registers and never feel the need to change it.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Al CoonsAl Coons Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Rick,

Thanks for the two great hints.  Here is what I found:  

1) Cmd-Control-S is not listed as a Quicken 2017 shortcut and has no effect on my machine. Wonder if I am missing something?  

2 I did set up a macOS App Shortcut. Make sure you type "Settings..." 

3) "Show next occurrence of each series" option is helpful, but I wished it worked in conjunction with the pull down # of days displayed.

Appreciate the help,

Al
  • RickORickO SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Al Coons said:

Rick,

Thanks for the two great hints.  Here is what I found:  

1) Cmd-Control-S is not listed as a Quicken 2017 shortcut and has no effect on my machine. Wonder if I am missing something?  

2 I did set up a macOS App Shortcut. Make sure you type "Settings..." 

3) "Show next occurrence of each series" option is helpful, but I wished it worked in conjunction with the pull down # of days displayed.

Appreciate the help,

Al

Re: #1... I apologize. I thought it was the standard keyboard shortcut, but it turns out that I had set that one up myself. As you discovered, you can go to System Preferences and set up a keyboard shortcut for the menu Accounts > Settings... (It can be Cmd-Control-S or any other key combination you might prefer). Here are the instructions on how to do this for anyone else wanting to know:

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH25377?locale=en_US
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Quicken_NatalieQuicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello All,

This Idea seems to have fallen stagnant and due to the age of the request and lack of User Votes/Comments, it will be archived within the next 7 business days.

If you would like to see this Idea kept alive and considered for possible future implementation in Quicken, be sure to add your vote and a comment explaining how this Idea would be beneficial for you.

More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team