latest version of quicken 2017

I have version R6 of Quicken 2017.  What is the latest version for this software?  Every time I exit Quicken, it tells me that there is a later version of Quicken 2017 available.  When I look at details, the release is R6.  I go to my About Quicken, I am already at Release R6.  They show Releases up to 10 under the Details.  I am totally confused about what is the latest version available and how to get R10 for 2017, if it is indeed available.

Comments

• mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • donald barteldonald bartel Member
    edited September 2017
    Dear mshiggins,

How do you get it?  I worked with a Quicken Chat support person for 3 hours in an attempt to download the Mondo Patch on quicken.com and had no luck.  How do you get Quicken R10 and why does my Quicken installation on closing, say there is a later version of Quicken available and it is R6 which is the same version I already have installed?

Best, Don B.
  • Dan GlynhamptonDan Glynhampton SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017

Dear mshiggins,

How do you get it?  I worked with a Quicken Chat support person for 3 hours in an attempt to download the Mondo Patch on quicken.com and had no luck.  How do you get Quicken R10 and why does my Quicken installation on closing, say there is a later version of Quicken available and it is R6 which is the same version I already have installed?

Best, Don B.

It can be downloaded from the page linked in the reply from mshiggins, then manually applied to your version of Quicken.
    US Quicken Deluxe for Windows 2019 R18.16 on Windows 10 Pro v1809
    edited September 2017
    I tried downloading both the Mondo update patch and the Manual update patch from that website and in both instances, I received a Quicken Error message to the effect that the update to Quicken could not be performed because the server had a problem loading.  This even happened with the support of the Quicken Chat tech who concluded that he would report the problem up the chain.  In summary, I was just unable to do it even after de-installing and re-installing Quicken a number of times.  I finally gave up.

Best, Don B.
  • RhinecliffRhinecliff Member
    edited September 2017

I tried downloading both the Mondo update patch and the Manual update patch from that website and in both instances, I received a Quicken Error message to the effect that the update to Quicken could not be performed because the server had a problem loading.  This even happened with the support of the Quicken Chat tech who concluded that he would report the problem up the chain.  In summary, I was just unable to do it even after de-installing and re-installing Quicken a number of times.  I finally gave up.

Best, Don B.

@ Donald Bartel... Download either Mondo or Update to your computers hard drive. After this go to that file you downloaded and executive it. You are trying to executive the file residing on the server and that is why you are getting the error notice.
    edited September 2017

Best, Don B.

The download of the Mondo or Manual Update programs always worked perfectly.  It is when I double click on the downloaded  .exe file (s) that I see the error.  Just to be sure, I will go back again and retry it but I'm fairly certain that it is when I double click on the downloaded file that I see the Quicken Error message.  I hope I am wrong.

Best, DB
    edited September 2017
    I downloaded the QW2017R10MPATCH.EXE file as you instructed and then double clicked on it in my Download folder with the same result.  I receive a Quicken message saying that it is unable to update because of a server load problem.  I tried to attach a screen snapshot from Paint to this reply but I don't know how to do it but please accept my error report.
    edited October 2018
    I think I was able to do it.  I hope this works.

Best, DBimage
  • Dan GlynhamptonDan Glynhampton SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    You could try instead downloading it from the website where QPW, one of the users here, maintains as many historic patches as possible:

http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenp...
    US Quicken Deluxe for Windows 2019 R18.16 on Windows 10 Pro v1809
    edited October 2018
    I am confused.  I went to the website that you included in your reply and it referred me to the same update files for Quicken web page as the one I have always been using.  I even tried right clicking on the downloaded Mondo patch .exe file in my Download folder and running as administrator instead of double clicking on the .exe file but the Quicken error message appeared either way.  I have almost convinced myself that the problem lies on the Quicken end and not my end.  I have given up and will live with my Quicken 2017 at version R6.  Thanks to everyone for their attempt to help.

Best, DB
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017

I am confused.  I went to the website that you included in your reply and it referred me to the same update files for Quicken web page as the one I have always been using.  I even tried right clicking on the downloaded Mondo patch .exe file in my Download folder and running as administrator instead of double clicking on the .exe file but the Quicken error message appeared either way.  I have almost convinced myself that the problem lies on the Quicken end and not my end.  I have given up and will live with my Quicken 2017 at version R6.  Thanks to everyone for their attempt to help.

Best, DB

Did you download, and then in a separate action, install the QW2017 R10 Mondo patch from here: imageimagehttp://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenpatches.html ?

Because, that link most definitely, didn't take you back to the Quicken site.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor"
  • EdEd Member
    edited January 2018
    Hi Donald,

Are you able to open the product and go to Help > Check for updates?  Does this allow you to install the patch?
    edited October 2018
    No it did not.  The other strange thing is that my current release version of Quicken is at R6.  When I close Quicken, I get a message that says there is an updated version for Quicken available and would I like to download it.  When I look at the Details of the update, it says that is Release R6.  It  doesn't make sense.

Best, DB
    edited September 2017

Best, DB

I am embarrassed to say that I didn't scroll down far enough on the page to see the R10 and R10 Mondo for Quicken 2017.  Once I realized my mistake, I proceeded to download both of them and tried to execute each one in turn, with the same Quicken error message.  This all seems so hopeless.

Best, DB
  • EdEd Member
    edited September 2017

No it did not.  The other strange thing is that my current release version of Quicken is at R6.  When I close Quicken, I get a message that says there is an updated version for Quicken available and would I like to download it.  When I look at the Details of the update, it says that is Release R6.  It  doesn't make sense.

Best, DB

What was the exact messaging you received when selecting "Check for Updates"?
    edited September 2017
    Dear Edgardo,

I wasn't complete in my answer to you.  I click on About Quicken under Help and see that my version of Quicken is given as R6.  I clicked on Check for Updates under Help and I get the message, there is a newer version of Quicken available (Release R6).  Do you want to download?  Since I think I'm already at R6, I click No and close Quicken.  

Best, DB
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017

Best, DB

OK, I think that this has gotten to the point where you're going to need to do a complete uninstall and re-install of Q.

NOTE that a Win uninstall isn't sufficient.  To do that uninstall you need to use Q's QCleanUI process/program, found here: https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken

Then re-install using either the CD or the downloaded install file.  Q should, as part of the re-install, update itself to R10.

The un/re-install won't touch your data ... but as an added precaution you can always take a backup before you begin.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor"
    edited September 2017

Best, DB

I worked with the Quicken Chat Tech for 3 1/2 hours yesterday before he even gave up on the problem ending the chat by referring me to a Quicken 800 Support number.  We uninstalled and reinstalled Quicken several times and made use of the QCleanUI program several times, all with no success.  In fact, he even asked me to send a snapshot of my install disc and then furnished me with a downloadable version of Quicken 2017 Deluxe, again to no avail.  I think I am just going to call it quits on solving this issue and live with the version Release R6 of my current installation.

Best, DB
  • VettaVetta Member
    edited September 2017
    I am using R6, and have deliberately not upgraded due to all the issues people have reported on this forum with R10. Can any of my fellow posters offer a good reason to download R10 before all the kinks are worked out of it? I'm not having any trouble at all with R6
    edited September 2017
    Dear Vetta,

I am leaning more and more to your point of view on this issue.

Best, DB
  • EdEd Member
    edited January 2018
    Hello Donald,

If wouldn't mind trying one more thing, I would like you to verify if this procedure works for you.

I reached out to get a possible solution for your issue and was told it's possible the length of your Windows user profile name may the culprit (some user names are quite long and in email form). When you have a moment, I'd like you to change your Windows profile name into something shorter like "Donald", I've included a video on how to do this below Use the easiest method, method 1).

Once you've shortened the name, run the mondo patch once more and update this thread with the results. You can change the profile name back once done.

edited January 2018
    Dear Edgardo,

I changed my User Name to DONALD ( my original name was D. Bartel) as you suggested and tried to run R10 Mondo with the same error results.  I even tried a compatibility troubleshooting procedure since my computer was upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 during Microsoft's period of free upgrade.  It did made a setting change but then when I went ahead and Tested the Program, the Quicken error message reappeared.

Best, DB
  • EdEd Member
    edited September 2017

Dear Edgardo,

I changed my User Name to DONALD ( my original name was D. Bartel) as you suggested and tried to run R10 Mondo with the same error results.  I even tried a compatibility troubleshooting procedure since my computer was upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 during Microsoft's period of free upgrade.  It did made a setting change but then when I went ahead and Tested the Program, the Quicken error message reappeared.

Best, DB

Thank you for trying that, Sorry it didn't work out. I'll reach out to the techies and let them know it was a no go and see what's next. Thanks for hanging in there. 
  • EdEd Member
    edited September 2017

Dear Edgardo,

Best, DB

Please disregard any thread archived messaging, that was an error. 
    edited January 2018
    Will do Edgardo although to be honest with you, I don't even know what "thread archive messaging" means.

Best, DB
  • EdEd Member
    edited September 2017

Will do Edgardo although to be honest with you, I don't even know what "thread archive messaging" means.

Best, DB

@Donald,

Question for you, are you using a download or a physical Quicken disc to reinstall? 
    edited September 2017
    I originally installed 2017 Quicken from a disc that I purchased at a local retail store.  I swear at one time with that installation I clicked on Help > About Quicken and my installation was at R9.  I was having some kind of sync problem with my mobile phone and I began a Chat with Quicken support. That's when my real problems began.  For some strange reason, the Quicken Chat Tech asked me to attach a photo of my disc to him which I did.  He then asked me de-install my Quicken, do a QcleanUI and he established a download version of Quicken on My Accounts.  I downloaded and installed the replacement version of Quicken and then we worked together for 3 1/2 hours trying to update it to version R10.  I kept running into the same problem with the 2017 Mondo Patch file where every time I tried to install it, I got the Quicken error.  I regret not sticking with the original disc installation.  To answer your question, Edgardo, I now have a Quicken furnished download version of Quicken 2017 which replaced my original disc installation.  Sorry for being so windy but I wish I had never contacted Quicken Chat.

Best, DB 
    edited September 2017
    Dear Edgardo,

I want to apologize for coming down so hard on Quicken Chat.  I feel a little like that line from the song My Way by Frank Sinatra - regrets, I've had a few.  I remember now what the original problem was with my Quicken.  For some reason, only my Discover account was not being synced to my mobile phone.  I've sure the Quicken Chat fellow tried his best to get to the root of the problem by substituting my Quicken disc installation with a downloadable version.  My frustration was borne of working 3 1/2 hours on trying to get the downloadable version updated using the 2017 Mondo Patch and constantly being faced with that Quicken error.  By no means, did I intend to blame or hold responsible, the Chat Tech, who was doing his best.

Best, DB
  • EdEd Member
    edited January 2018
    No need to apologize for the frustration you've felt. All the info you've provided thus far has been beneficial, I've passed it along so that the dev team can hopefully pinpoint the issue given the variables provided. As soon as I hear back, I'll update you here. 
    edited January 2018
    Yes, Edgardo, thank you.  I would think that the snapshot of the Quicken error message with the details of strings and parameters should be a big help to the Quicken IT guys and gals toward a solution.  As one last hint, I also remember trying to install the Mondo Patch with my original disc installation and again, ran into the error message.

Best, DB
This discussion has been closed.