Home Quicken for Windows Product Ideas - Quicken for Windows Display/UI (Windows)

QWin: Customize Reports using Categories Tab

Wayne135Wayne135 Member ✭✭
edited August 2019 in Display/UI (Windows)
Window displaying list of categories, subcategories, type not wide enough and lacks ability to resize.  This makes using the tab useless when a user has a tree structure with many nested subcategories.
Tagged:
7 votes

No Status · Last Updated

Comments

• mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I agree, the selection list should be both wider and taller.
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Unknown Member
    edited November 2019
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled customize reports.

Customizing a report brings up a rather small interactive window. There is no option to expand this window. So, when modifying categories, only 7 categories show at a time. When modifying payees, only 8 payees show at a time. It is slow and tedious to move through these lists to find specific categories or payees. If this window could be expanded to the whole screen, and show more information at a time, it would greatly reduce the time required to modify reports.
  • Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled customize reports.

Customizing a report brings up a rather small interactive window. There is no option to expand this window. So, when modifying categories, only 7 categories show at a time. When modifying payees, only 8 payees show at a time. It is slow and tedious to move through these lists to find specific categories or payees. If this window could be expanded to the whole screen, and show more information at a time, it would greatly reduce the time required to modify reports.

I absolutely agree!  I just posted on this same topic.
  • Unknown Member
    edited November 2019
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Reports page suggested improvements - make list windows bigger.

When I go to customize a report, I get a very tiny window that only shows about 7 lines of categories, etc.  I suggest that Quicken make these windows significantly larger to show many more categories, etc. at one time.
  • Wayne135Wayne135 Member ✭✭
    Does anyone know if this is fixed? Thanks.
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    mshiggins said:
    I agree, the selection list should be both wider and taller.
    Hi @mshiggins ,

This has been turned into an idea. You need to Vote it up.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of the links in this discussion have gone dead due to old age.
    Unless I'm mistaken, this discussion and a few of their relatives was about the Customize Report dialog. The window to select categories is way too small and does not handle deeply nested subcategories well
    Now let's scroll down to show subcategory levels 8 thru 13 ...
    Hovering over these categories briefly shows the subcategory name, but the display itself doesn't scroll sideways to allow text to display.
    The window itself should be made wider as well as taller to accommodate more categories, longer category names and some smart scrolling to show those deeply nested subcategories.
    This is only one example of nested, indented category names where improvements are needed.
  • Wayne135Wayne135 Member ✭✭
    Perfect! Thank you for the pictures and explanation. Yes, that is correct. Is this fixed yet in the new version? Thanks.