investment income not entered in budget in Quicken for Mac

A budget is useless unless it includes all income. Investment income is not included, which may be fine if you don't live on it. Please add investment income to budgets.
6 votes

Implemented · Last Updated

This feature is available in the Current (subscription) version of Quicken for Mac. There is no plan to update prior versions of Quicken for Mac with this feature.

Comments

• mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Thanks for posting.
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • edited September 2017
    mshiggins said:

Thanks for posting.

After I acquired a MacBook Pro earlier this year, I converted from Windows Quicken to MAC Quicken.  I had been using Quicken for at least 10 years and had no problems reflecting investment income in my budget.  I was more than surprised, when I discovered it was not supported in the MAC version.  I was told than many others have asked the "how could this be overlooked?"  I was told that it was going to be corrected soon; perhaps in September.  I installed the updates this week and was dismayed to see it was not corrected.  It would be nice to know if a correction for this oversight is imminent.
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 21
    This IDEA has been added to the List of Requests Related to Budgets and to the List of Requests Related to Investments.
    You may want to go click on each underlined link to add your votes to more related ideas.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(STILL using QM2007, Canadian user since '92)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
  • Iris ShedlockIris Shedlock Member
    edited January 19
    Not quite sure why users have to vote on getting investments to be included on the budget feature since the budget is virtually useless if all income streams cannot be captured. This should have been part of the budget from day one. Very disappointed.
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 21

Not quite sure why users have to vote on getting investments to be included on the budget feature since the budget is virtually useless if all income streams cannot be captured. This should have been part of the budget from day one. Very disappointed.

Agreed but at this point it is about helping prioritize feature requests with the limited resources available but the literally hundreds of idea requests.

Not saying I like it, just stating facts.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(STILL using QM2007, Canadian user since '92)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
  • Steve LewisSteve Lewis Member
    edited January 21
    I have the same problem... this has been an outstanding issue for a looooong time... for retired folks it makes actual budgeting very hard (actually not possible).  

PLEASE PUT THIS IN THE NEXT RELEASE
  • Is there actually a way to vote here?
  • I chatted with customer support and they said go vote  I'm guessing that there is some inherent problem with the product so they never address this... it seems strange to ignore your customers for such a long time.
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Is there actually a way to vote here?
    Hello Steve Lewis,

I apologize for any inconvenience.  We've recently moved to this new Community platform and not all of the conversation data migrated with the correct categories or status's.

I've moved this post to the Product Ideas for Mac category and enabled the vote option.  You should now see a blue box in the first post with an arrow to click on to add your vote.

I appreciate your bringing this post to our attention and again apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you,

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.