Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

QM 4.6.2 Download from Wells fargo changes share quantity of Stock

Concordman
Concordman Mac Beta Beta
edited June 2018 in Investing (Mac)
Received the update last night for 4.6.2, was unable to use existing Intuit ID & PW, ended up creating a new ID & PW. Did a download this AM which resulted in an incorrect quantity of shares in one of my investment accounts. 

Comments

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2017
    I suspect this is coincidental and not related to the update.

Investment accounts use Direct Connect, and that isn't affected by the whole Intuit-->Quicken migration. 

I have had occasional odd share balances pushed down. Waiting a day resolved.
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2017

Investment accounts use Direct Connect, and that isn't affected by the whole Intuit-->Quicken migration. 

John not the case here, Had several hrs on the phone with the folks at Quicken this AM, they volunteered they are experiencing further issues with 4.6.2. Per RickO's counseling I always keep a zipped copy of the previous program. Back up  running 4.5.8 working well . At least until I can't use it anymore
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2017

The lightbulb finally went on for me, downloaded 4.6.2 again, got the same situation with incorrect stock quantity on a particular stock. When I did the download I noticed that QM advises that entries made manually will not be updated. Hence the incorrect quantity. My issue is not under control but at least I understand why its not working
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2017

looks like its a one time issue after the initial download there is no issue with manual entries. Solved ..at least for the time being