Quicken 2016 Premier on Windows 10 - uh oh something went wrong on our end

I am using Quicken 2016 Premier on Windows 10 and receiving the message "uh oh something went wrong on our end" when I try to update anything. I have reset my password and it still doesn't work.

Comments

• Quicken DaveQuicken Dave Member
    edited September 2017
    Hi Cortney,

Thanks for reporting this issue, and I'm sorry for any inconvenience it has caused. The Quicken team is aware of the problem and is currently working to resolve the problem ASAP. Please keep an eye on the Community as this is where they will post a resolution, when it is found.

Thank you for your patience as the team works to resolve this problem.

Dave
  • edited September 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Quicken not logging in.

Is the update why my Quicken Deluxe 2016 won't log in this evening?  Response says problem is on Quicken's end. How long will it be down?
  • David SmithDavid Smith Member
    edited September 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Cannot update accounts on Quicken 2015. Ask for Intuit username/password then Uh....

Since this afternoon cannot update accounts.  Receive Uh-Oh error where it NOW ask for the Intuit username/password.
  • SteveSteve Member
    edited September 2017

Hi Cortney,

Thanks for reporting this issue, and I'm sorry for any inconvenience it has caused. The Quicken team is aware of the problem and is currently working to resolve the problem ASAP. Please keep an eye on the Community as this is where they will post a resolution, when it is found.

Thank you for your patience as the team works to resolve this problem.

Dave

yah sure
  • gary gilbertgary gilbert Member
    edited September 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled quicken not available.

cannot connect quicken to download latest transactions.  Requests my quicken id and password then reports that something went wrong on the quicken side.  the support phone number is no longer in service.
  • jkvondracekjkvondracek Member
    edited September 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Is anyone else getting the Oops error today ?.

Trying to run one step update. Quicken is requiring sign in and then get "oops" error when I enter password for Quicken.  Program is up to date.
  • MarkJMarkJ Member
    edited September 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Required Quicken Premier for Windows (10) 2015 sign in to Intuit ID not working.

I tried to update stock quotes and got the "Sign In to Intuit ID" page. I tried that three times then got the reset password screen. I did that, got the Quicken.com code, entered it, tried again and after three tries, it still did not like my new password. I gave up. Is my Quicken Premier 2015 for Windows now broken?
  • MJM0149MJM0149 Member
    edited September 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I cannot update Quicken 2016..

I cannot my accounts in quicken. when I type the password in to update it, it then brings up a box for logging into Intuit. I type my Intuit password in and int just says "Something went wrong". I have changed my password 3 time and it still won't let me login and update.image
  • James WintersJames Winters Member
    edited September 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled login problems with Quicken 16.

Quicken not accepting password, I've reset 3 times, just says "Uh Oh! Something went wrong on our end."   Need to down load transactions, need help!!!!
  • Dallas_AlDallas_Al Member
    edited September 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I am locked out of Quicken - UH OH Something Went Wrong on our End error message.....

Quicken 2015 Rental Property Manager

Changed password several times and it still doesn't work. This is not a good thing.
  • Ron ClantonRon Clanton Member
    edited September 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled New release to Quicken seems unstable.

I updated to the new Quicken program, using my new Quicken ID a couple of days ago.  Since that time, I have had multiple problems... none of these were problems until the update.
    • It often tries to open in Windows and then Windows shuts in down when it encounters problems.
    • I can not use the banking update reliably... PNC Checking/Savings seems okay.  PNC Webconnect for credit card doesn't work anymore.  Charles Schwab direct connect sometimes works... sometimes doesn't.
    • When the banking update doesn't work, it will lockup the program if I "retry".
    • Quicken has corrupted my data files a couple of times... good thing that I back up often, but it's getting tiresome.
    • Generally, I feel that I am walking on egg shells when I use the program.
    I have deleted/reinstalled the program so many times that my fingers are bleeding.  I've given up using web connect and am trying to use the export method (which sucks).  I now back up the data every few minutes, as it likes to corrupt the data file occasionally.

I've used Quicken for years... had some problems at times, but nothing like this.  If I can't rely on the program, I may have to find an alternate solution.

Is anyone else having these problems???  Does Quicken know about them???  Any suggestions at all???

Thank you,

Ron
  • MJMJ Member
    edited September 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Can't pass Intuit ID Login Dialog on Quicken 2016 R12.

I can't perform a one-step update because the Enter Intuit ID Password dialog box can't successfully be passed. When I enter my password, the result is "Uh Oh! Something went wrong on our end". If I exit the dialog, then one-step update is not performed.

What can I do to get through this?

I'm angry because the Intuit/Quicken login should not be a barrier to performing a one-step update and getting on with my work. That's what my Password Vault password is for. Terrible design decision.
  • Peter MunsellPeter Munsell Member
    edited September 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Quicken 2015 R13 Uh Oh! Something went wrong on our end.

Quicken 2015 Deluxe (US).
    One click update.Worked fine yesterday. Today I get this crazy message "Uh Oh! Something went wrong on our end. Click here to try again.", and apparently it is wide spread. I repeatedly enter password, no luck. Click on forgot password, go thru process of changing password. Come back to Quicken - same thing all over again. User ID and password work fine at Quicken.com, but not One click update within Quicken. No one at Quicken seems to have an answer. Someone needs to get to the bottom of this and post an update that works. Have been a Quicken user for at least 20 years and the problems continue to get worse.
  • MattMatt Member
    edited September 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Uh Oh error is back I am so sick of this quicken s**t. Why can i not update my b....

Uh Oh error is back I am so sick of this quicken s**t. Why can i not update my banking information now without signing into Intuit and getting that Uh Oh errror....Quicken you make me sick.  How the damn heck am i supposed to update my banking information and make sure noone is stealing my credit information.  FIX YOUR PRODUCT..
  • MarkMark Member
    edited September 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled When will the Uh-oh error fixed be available for QWin 2015 USA?.

When will the Uh-oh error fixed be available for QWin 2015 USA?
  • edited September 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled error "Uh oh, something went wrong on our end".

I am just now having the same issue when I try to download my bank transactions. Quicken 2015 Home and Business. "Uh Oh, Something went wrong on our end" I cannot update my finances. My version is completely updated with the latest version. This is completely unacceptable.  I've been troubleshooting this issue now for over an hour.
  • Higgs BosonHiggs Boson Member
    edited September 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Uh Oh! Something went wrong on our end.

It is 09/21/2017.  I am getting this error for the first time.  I have changed my passwords several times.  I have discovered that I need a special patch for Quicken 2016 Windows.  It is currently NOT available according to...
    https://www.quicken.com/support/why-am-i-seeing-time-out-oops-or-uh-oh-errors-quicken dated 09/15/2017...

Does anyone know anymore information about this problem ?

Thanks
  • williamhouk3williamhouk3 Member
    edited September 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Quicken 2016 Windows: Unable to sign in “Oops".

Quicken 2016 Windows: Unable to sign in “Oops" message in US Quicken for Windows 2016; tried updating password, but no success. Am I in the Intuit/Quicken account "changeover "hell?
  • ThomasThomas Member
    edited September 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled QWin 2016 Premier: uh oh something went wrong on our end.

Quicken 2016 Premier on W10. Can't log in. Getting "uh oh something went wrong on our end"
  • HenHen Member
    edited September 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Opps something happened is baaack!.

Having jumped through all the hoops of installing Quicken 2016 on my new laptop just one month ago, running update patch 8 then patch 12, everything went well until tonight when the password login screen appeared and the oops something happened when I entered my password.  Went through the whole drill again uninstall reboot, install 8 install 12 and Oops something happened. 
    Quicken 2016 premier R12 (25.1.12.2)
    Windows 10 Home ver 1703  Build 15063.608
  • edited September 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Quicken 2016 Premier on Windows 10 - uh oh something went wrong on our end.

I am using Quicken 2016 Premier on Windows 10 and receiving the message "uh oh something went wrong on our end" when I try to update anything. I have reset my password and it still doesn't work.
  • Todd StapleTodd Staple Member
    edited September 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled One Step update password not working.

One step update password is not working.  I've tried several times but get "Uh Oh" message.  This seems to happen a lot.  I don't understand why we have to enter a password to update our own transactions when we've entered password to enter the software. Is there a way to bypass this?  Quicken should provide an option to have it password protected or to turn it off if their system can't handle it.  
  • RickRick Member
    edited September 2017
    I was still having the problem tonight on Q17WinHB, trying to use my original Intuit ID.  I punted, used a different email address, created a new Intuit ID, and everything went through successfully.  So the down side is that I don't have my preferred email address for my intuit id.  The obvious upside, it's now FINALLY working again, and I can get to my Quicken data.  Prior to this, I was getting a popup screen that prevented even looking at my own data, as it kept forcing me to log in to my Quicken account, which of course kept failing.  I'm a corporate software analyst, and it always amazes me that companies don't think through these things properly.
  • edited September 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Quicken 2016 R11 "One Step Update" prompts for Intuit ID, but says "Uh Oh! Somet....

Quicken 2016 R11 "One Step Update" prompts for Intuit ID, but says "Uh Oh!  Something went wrong on our end.  Click here to try again." to valid creditials.

"One Step Update" worked fine (no prompt) on 9/17/2017 7 AM MDT
    "One Step Update" is now failing, beginning 9/21/2017 6 PM MDT

I have used Quicken for many, many years.

Troubleshooting so far
    -----------------------
    Changed password (for the "Intuit ID" that is hard-coded in the prompt) at www.intuit.com
    Verified that the Intuit "Email or Intuit ID" that is hard-coded in the prompt is correct.
    Verified that I can manually login into Intuit with that ID and new password.
    Noted that I had a second, older account at Intuit.  I verified that I can manually login into Intuit with that ID and password.
    Found, downloaded, and applied the Quicken 2016 R12, full Mondo Patch.  Upgrade successful.  Same symptoms.
    Verified that I can manually login into Quicken with each of the same two accounts and password.
    Tried a "qfx" file download from my Bank.  Known to work on 9/17/2017 7 AM MDT.  Quicken immediately pops up the same prompt for an Intuit ID, and results in the same error.
    At his point all four accounts (2 at Intuit and 2 at Quicken) have the same, one, new password and I can successfully log into any of them.  Still the same failure symptoms from Quicken 2016 R12.
  • GomerGomer Member
    edited September 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Oops something went worng because Quicken isnt' working.

Attempting to add data to my locally installed version of Quicken I'm prompted for cloud password.   I've reset and gone through multiple sessions of multifactor auth and I still can update my own local checkbook.    I really would like to export to Excel and manage my self.   This is not worth the agrivation

Unable to post my data to locally installed version of Quicken.   What's to authenticate to could bot fails.   I've reset password and setup 2 factor auth.   Still can't get into my own check book.  This is horrible.  
  • Jim CurranJim Curran Member
    edited September 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled something went wrong on our end.

Everything worked fine yesterday.  Today, I cannot do daily update.  Changed Intuit ID password as requested.  Now the "Uh Oh Something went wrong on our end" message. Restart and reboot don't help.  Quicken Deluxe, version R6, Build 26.1.6.1

• edited September 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled updated and cannot sign in using Intuit account.

I am prompted to sign in to Windows Quicken 2015 Premiere using the Intuit sign in and it fails. When I get the email or text to recover the password, I create a new password and the new password fails. I am locked out of my account. I tried to reset the password 3 times to no avail. Suggestions?
  • RobBelcherRobBelcher Member
    edited September 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Uh-oh something went wrong on our end Quicken 2016 Premier.

R12 (Build 25.1.12.2) on Windows 10

Started getting this message tonight when running one-step update when asked for my Intuit ID. Searching indicates a million different times people have had this problem with a million different reasons and "fixes" none of which seem to apply.

I'm able to log into quicken.com just fine, so I know I have the username and password correct. Also, if I do type in the wrong password, I get "Hmmm that didn't work", but the correct password gives me a new page that says "Uh-oh something went wrong on our end! Click here to try again" so it appears that authentication is taking place.

Not sure if it's relevant, but one of the posts asked for nslookup data on accounts.quicken.com, so here it is in case that helps:

Server:  UnKnown
    Address:  2605:6000:101a:c150:9e3d:cfff:fe1d:6456

Non-authoritative answer:
    Name:    e9217.b.akamaiedge.net
    Address:  23.204.17.115
    Aliases:  accounts.quicken.com
              new-san.accounts.intuit.com.edgekey.net
  • edited September 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled UH Oh is NOT Solved, cannot open either Quicken 2016 data file.

cannot open Quicken data file
  • marysemaryse Member
    edited September 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Quicken keeps asking for Intuit password and won't accept it. Tried this at least....

Again, tonight, after experiencing this same problem three months ago and posting it here on this forum, when I tried to run an update for all my account balances I was asked for my Intuit ID.  I put it in and it gave me the ridiculous "Uh Oh, Something Went Wrong On Our End - Click Here To Try Again" remark.  I try again and again, 6 times in all and NOTHING WORKS.

In addition, there is no critical patch for the Home and Business 2016 edition I am running in Windows 7.

Let me say, that I don't understand why this company thinks they have the right to even require a username and password to access software that has people have paid money for.  I find this to be extremely shady business practices.  In addition, you would think that the fact that they are requiring this information would be impetus enough to make sure that their servers and any other systems that use this information would never fail so the end user would never have to experience the INABILITY TO ACCESS THEIR OWN DATA. 

I was hoping someone could help me who might have experienced the same. 

The entire experience with this software and company is a complete disaster and totally unacceptable and I am considering contacting someone to find out what kind of recourse I could take.