How can I turn off the pending updates notification at the top of the Quicken Window (Picture of a b

I can't figure out a way to turn off the annoying notification / warning symbol at the top of the Quicken screen.  It is trying to get me to use Quicken mobile and sign up for investing.com (neither of which I want to do).

Comments

• QPWQPW Member
    edited October 2018
    Click on them and acknowledge them.   Both of them are just letting you know to do something if you use them, neither will actually force you to use them.
  • ssrssr Member
    edited November 2018
    Clicking on them did nothing. Repeating the click on the them closes the program. Was that the intended action? Surely there must be more.
  • ClaytonClayton Member
    edited October 2017
    ssr said:

Clicking on them did nothing. Repeating the click on the them closes the program. Was that the intended action? Surely there must be more.

What worked for me was a "delayed" click. Slow motion, if you will. It's worth a try.

Good luck ...
  • caogdincaogdin Member
    edited November 2018
    What works is SLOWLY approaching the bell, until the background turns white, then click.

Then a dropdown of "...needs your attention" items appears.  If you're at full-screen, much of the right-side of that pane is unreadable, off the screen to the right.  Disable "Full Screen" (click the "window" symbol in the upper-right corner.  Then you'll see the "x Items need your attention."

The next step (it ain't obvious, folks!) is look in the right margin for the ">" symbol.  Click that, and then choose the blue box with text, or "Skip."  And, if you try to (for example) "Review Alerts" you'll find that column titles are too big, so I don't even know what the first two columns mean! (Ena..., and Em...)  Click on the checkmarks under "Ena.." to enable or disable the feature.)

It's is utterly unclear what "Low balance" means!  It says:  "If the balance of any of my accounts drops below:" (and you select an amount).  But it makes little sense.  Is it only for Deposit accounts (e.g.., banking; savings) or does it also alert you if some Credit card balance falls below the threshold?  I want the former, but not the latter.

In short, R15 of Quicken 2017 Home & Business looks like a high-school programming project gone wrong.  I'm eagerly pursuing options for Quicken, after many years of mediocre performance, capped by this unprofessional roll-out.
  • Ron ClantonRon Clanton Member
    edited October 2018
    I agree... there is no way to clear my pending items.  I keep clicking the "OK" button, but it doesn't do anything.  I'm really getting tired of all the bugs since Quicken left Intuit.  Let me know if you find other options... can't get excited about paying for Quicken 2018... will it be just as buggy?
  • QPWQPW Member
    edited October 2017

I agree... there is no way to clear my pending items.  I keep clicking the "OK" button, but it doesn't do anything.  I'm really getting tired of all the bugs since Quicken left Intuit.  Let me know if you find other options... can't get excited about paying for Quicken 2018... will it be just as buggy?

Have you restarted Quicken after you have selected OK to acknowledge the "pending items"?

The bell icon doesn't go away until you restart.
    edited October 2017

Oh yes... several times.  This has been happening since I converted to the new Quicken a couple of weeks ago.
  • ssrssr Member
    edited November 2018
    Thanks all.
    Got it now.
    But I must say that this new build is VERY BUGGY!
  • QPWQPW Member
    edited February 2018

BTW never answered this:
    can't get excited about paying for Quicken 2018... will it be just as buggy?
    I wouldn't hold your breath for such miracles that after 30+ years that Quicken 2018 is going to come out bug free.
    edited October 2017

I got this fixed... I found out that Quicken corrupted my file (using validate) when it converted me to the new Quicken cloud.  I went back to a backup from a month ago and just reentered a month of transactions... not fun.  Now all works except for updating my bank transactions.  Also, take backups often and run validate often.  Quicken has corrupted my data file twice in the last two days.

I'm actively seeking another financial management solution... this is taking way too much time!  There is no way that I'm buying Quicken 2018.
  • caogdincaogdin Member
    edited October 2017
    ssr said:

Thanks all.
    Got it now.
    But I must say that this new build is VERY BUGGY!

Quicken has occasional stretches of stability, but in general, it's my observation that Quicken is a buggy as entomologists' laboratory.  Instead of focusing on a simple product, well done, they keep trying to be another step too clever.  And, documentation is virtually non-existent, which is the M.O. of a company too focused on their income, instead of their CUSTOMER'S satisfaction.

Unfortunately, as the dominant vendor in the marketplace, they keep my business...but all the "extra features" leave me cold.  I just don't trust other firms ability to flawlessly transfer all my data to a Quicken-like platform.  If another vendor emulated the exact same database for basic record keeping, I'd be eager to consider it.  I can't imagine their particular arrangements of data elements in the DB has any proprietary restrictions, but it's probably fairly complex, having "growed like Topsy."
  • caogdincaogdin Member
    edited October 2017
    caogdin said:

What works is SLOWLY approaching the bell, until the background turns white, then click.

Then a dropdown of "...needs your attention" items appears.  If you're at full-screen, much of the right-side of that pane is unreadable, off the screen to the right.  Disable "Full Screen" (click the "window" symbol in the upper-right corner.  Then you'll see the "x Items need your attention."

The next step (it ain't obvious, folks!) is look in the right margin for the ">" symbol.  Click that, and then choose the blue box with text, or "Skip."  And, if you try to (for example) "Review Alerts" you'll find that column titles are too big, so I don't even know what the first two columns mean! (Ena..., and Em...)  Click on the checkmarks under "Ena.." to enable or disable the feature.)

It's is utterly unclear what "Low balance" means!  It says:  "If the balance of any of my accounts drops below:" (and you select an amount).  But it makes little sense.  Is it only for Deposit accounts (e.g.., banking; savings) or does it also alert you if some Credit card balance falls below the threshold?  I want the former, but not the latter.

In short, R15 of Quicken 2017 Home & Business looks like a high-school programming project gone wrong.  I'm eagerly pursuing options for Quicken, after many years of mediocre performance, capped by this unprofessional roll-out.

Frankly, it should be a "menu item" under the "Help" menu, offering "Updates" and "Features," like reputable companies focused on customer statisfaction do.  Another unlabelled icon that purports to do "something" is rarely a feature of a robust, well-designed GUI.  It too "cute" by half.
  • keith.beebekeith.beebe Member
    edited April 2018
    In my case, can't turn off the Bill Pay notification. Claims that it is Mandatory.  Well, I do NOT have Bill Pay nor am I going to sign up for it.  In other words, there is no former account to delete. So, how to do I get this last Pending Update notification to go away?
  • ssrssr Member
    edited October 2017

Yeah, the updates notification is minor in comparison to the frequent crashes this release is having. THe R15 build 26.1.15.5 still crashes often. One cannot expect the 2018 release to be any better given the recent track record. Probably time to move on..... it could've been great though. 
    edited November 2017
    Folks, Need to get this Fixed.

The Bill Pay Migration Pending Update is stuck in a Catch-22. It is the one migration issue that is mandatory, yet how can you clear something that doesn't exist?

I do NOT have a former Bill Pay account, so it obviously cannot be deactivated.  I am NOT going to sign up for Bill Pay.

Fix this by having the program recognize in set up that someone did not have a former Bill Pay account. In other words, this Pending Update should not have come up in the first place.

Either that or allow someone to clear it by answering they never had such an account.

Thanks.  
  • MrTimmyMrTimmy Member
    edited November 2017
    The ability to remove these items will be added to a future release...I found this on the Quicken support pages:

"This checklist is a list of suggestions for you, however, it's not required; for example, if you don't use the mobile app, you don't need to sync to the Quicken Cloud.  Also, if you don't want to do any of the tasks on the list, or if the list has services that you haven't used or don't want to use in Quicken, you can skip these steps and dismiss the list with the X on the upper right of the checklist window (you may still see that tasks are due in the bar at the top of Quicken, but you can ignore this; the ability to remove these reminders will added in a future release)."
  • Bill HBill H Member
    edited April 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Using Quicken Premier 2018 Win, but dont wish to use Quicken Billpay. Can I remov....

I am using Quicken Premier 2018, but dont wish to use Quicken Billpay. Is there a way to remove the red alarm flag in the top band when I open Quicken?
  • Jerry_Jerry_ Member
    edited May 2018
    Bill H, since your post has come from a merged Post/Thread, view MrTimmy's Post right above your post in this Thread, or follow this Thread at:
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/clear-notification
    Now running the 2019 Windows Subscription Plan
    Retired - former Computer System Analyst
  • Jerry_Jerry_ Member
    edited May 2018
    I am now on QW2018 R4.10 (27.1.4.10). Seeing that notification Bell Icon with a red number square located on the right side of the Window Tittle Bar is beginning to become tiresome. Any progress on a method to remove it?
    edited April 2018
    I agree with Jerry and also running the same version. 

Thank you Mr. Timmy for your information, but your post is now two months old and the future (a new year) with several updates released is here and still no fix.
  • ChristianChristian Member
    edited January 2018
    caogdin said:

That solved it for me - thank you! I've been tearing my hair out about that annoying alert, even though I had all updates installed.
  • Jerry_Jerry_ Member
    edited May 2018
    Well, folks, I am now on QW2018 R5.15 (27.1.5.15), and still seeing the ole Notification Bell Icon with the red square with the number 1 in it. It was 2 months ago that User MrTimmy told us of a fix coming in a future release.

Is that still the Plan?
  • dcurtischurchdcurtischurch Member
    edited February 2018
    caogdin said:

I have been pursuing options for....is it decades? Personal Capital provides an excellent account overview, if you can dodge the salesforce seeking to manage your money. But otherwise for the register, and all the often annoying tracking and reporting features, nada. 

It really is complicated. Other than the impossible mobile app, it works most of the time.
  • JSSJSS Member
    edited February 2018
    Same here.  No fix yet??
  • SamSam Member
    edited February 2018
    I am on 27.1.5.20 and still no fix. I am starting to see red checkmarks in my sleep
  • JSSJSS Member
    edited February 2018
    Sam said:

I am on 27.1.5.20 and still no fix. I am starting to see red checkmarks in my sleep

alos on 20  no fix
  • TerryTerry Member
    edited February 2018
    Sam said:

I'm on 5.20 as well.  I agree. 
  • JSSJSS Member
    edited February 2018
    Does anyone from Quicken even read this group?

I have never seen any official position on this and no response.

Is this acceptable from a company that creates software that is supposed  to be managing our money?
  • Jerry_Jerry_ Member
    edited May 2018
    Well, folks, I am now on QW2018 R6.11 (27.1.6.11), and still seeing the ole Notification Bell Icon with the red square with the number 1 in it. Wow, it has been 5 months since the OP Matt Bable posted this issue.

I guess one step at a time. There are too many steps!! (grin) Will the next step include a fix for this issue? Stay tune, folks. (grin)
  • SamSam Member
    edited February 2018
    Sam said:

20.1.6.11 and STILL NO FIX