Home Quicken for Mac Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac Manage Accounts and Transactions (Mac)

Add a "Registers" menu item to the Accounts menu (Q Mac)

RickORickO SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
Please add a Registers menu item to Accounts menu in Quicken Mac. The new Registers menu item would have sub menus corresponding to the register Groups (e.g. Banking, Investing). The group sub-menu items would have sub-sub-menus corresponding to the register the Sub-Groups (e.g. Cash, Brokerage, etc.). The sub-group menus would each list the individual accounts contained in that sub-group. This would replicate the structure in the sidebar.

Why is this needed when you can just click the account in the sidebar? This will allow the user to use macOS System Preferences to assign keyboard shortcuts to navigate among accounts. It's a big time saver for those who like to keep their hands on the keyboard.
Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
2 votes

No Status · Last Updated

Comments

• RickORickO SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    If you find this feature helpful, please be sure to click "VOTE" above to increase the count of this post and therefore its visibility to other users and to the developers by seeking to have the features you need or desire end up in the latest version.

If you do not click VOTE at the top of the page, your vote will NOT be counted! Your VOTE matters!

Click "Follow" at the top if you want to receive notifications of any updates to this thread.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Don94Don94 Member
    edited August 2018
    I have Quicken but have been unable to navigate in it because I have no knowledge of what's available in the program to get the best use of it.  RickO's comment is right on!  I would like to enter "Expense" and go to a page like the checkbook page.  I'd like what I enter to ask me to choose an account to which I want the amount entered.  A list of expense accounts should come up and if the account is not listed to click on I should be able to add the new account at that time and the new amount show in that account. This would apply to cash also. Same for Income, and other types of entries including loans with the ability to record payments and ability to break down the payment to show interest payment as well as interest portion of the payment.  All of our transactions should post to budget as well to be compared to what we write into budget account so we can modify our planned budget.  There is more requirements that are not found in Quicken, by me.
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Don said:

I have Quicken but have been unable to navigate in it because I have no knowledge of what's available in the program to get the best use of it.  RickO's comment is right on!  I would like to enter "Expense" and go to a page like the checkbook page.  I'd like what I enter to ask me to choose an account to which I want the amount entered.  A list of expense accounts should come up and if the account is not listed to click on I should be able to add the new account at that time and the new amount show in that account. This would apply to cash also. Same for Income, and other types of entries including loans with the ability to record payments and ability to break down the payment to show interest payment as well as interest portion of the payment.  All of our transactions should post to budget as well to be compared to what we write into budget account so we can modify our planned budget.  There is more requirements that are not found in Quicken, by me.

@Don, you are asking for a different UI interface...sort of an Easy Answers type data entry...that is different than the above idea. Consider creating your own IDEA post for that.
    Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:COMPLETE list of Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac to VOTE on

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen
    ? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(
    Canadian Q user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

edited August 2018
    Yes...this feature exists in QM2007 (do not know about QWin) with the ability to assign keyboard shortcuts...very useful.
    Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:COMPLETE list of Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac to VOTE on

? Add your vote here:

(

• Quicken_NatalieQuicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello All,

This Idea seems to have fallen stagnant and due to the age of the request and lack of User Votes/Comments, it will be archived within the next 7 business days.

If you would like to see this Idea kept alive and considered for possible future implementation in Quicken, be sure to add your vote and a comment explaining how this Idea would be beneficial for you.

More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

Keyboard shortcuts, or at the least the ability to create one's own is VERY useful. This would make it possible.

I believe the Legacy Vote count needs to be updated on this. I was only able to record the ones with counts ≥20. Please update.

? Add your vote here:

(

• jacobsjacobs SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that this would be incredibly useful for navigation in Quicken for users comfortable with making their own keyboard shortcuts. Please don't archive this idea thread.
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993