Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Please fix. Sold position LOTS still show in Portfolio Holdings screen

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited September 2018 in Investing (Mac)
I sold several lots of a stock and they still show up in the Portfolio Holdings screen. The total of the remaining shares is correct as is the total value. I believe part of the problem is that the sell transactions are not matched with the original purchase transactions. I spent hours on the phone with Quicken Tech Support and they couldn't help, even after I demonstrated to them the problem. QM2017 v4.6.6 on an iMac with macOS 10.12.6

Someone at Quicken please understand that the value of quicken for managing investments goes way down if one cannot trust the Portfolio Holdings screen. Thank you.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

I don't know about Quicken Mac, but ...

In Quicken for Windows, the Holdings view and the Portfolio views all have a setting to "Show closed lots" (or not). Have you looked at the view's Options (or similar) settings button?

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2017
    Quicken support, how long do I have to wait for you to fix this critical problem. If the portfolio information cannot be trusted, Quicken is worthless as an investment tracking tool. Please respond. Thank you. Roberto
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2017
    This continues to be a major problem for me also.  Not long ago shares held and account balances in my various Schwab accounts balanced perfectly with Quicken.  Now they are totally out of sync.  This needs to be fixed or the Quicken program is no longer valuable to me.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    Update: I now have QM17 v4.6.8 and this continues to be a problem. When will someone from Quicken take ownership to resolve????
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    I am so disappointed that Quicken is ignoring this issue which is critical for using Quicken to manage stock investments. It is unbelievable. Can someone from Quicken respond!!!!!! Thank you. Roberto