Zestimate stopped working with Quicken 2017 Premiere once R15 was installed

Zestimate stopped working with Quicken 2017 R15,  won't update and won't all me to edit property information either.  Nothing

Comments

• Quicken KathrynQuicken Kathryn Administrator ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Hi sfrolls01,
    Sorry for the issues you're experiencing--there is currently a temporary issue with the Zestimate feature that should be fixed shortly.  If you try again later today, it should work as expected.

Hope this helps,
    Quicken Kathryn
    Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator
  • TheArchtTheArcht Member
    edited October 2017
    I have Quicken 2017 H&B R15 and have the the same issue as sfrolls01... the Zestimate stopped updating a couple days ago.

Quicken Kathryn, please notify users once the Zestimate feature is fixed.  Thank you.
  • Quicken KathrynQuicken Kathryn Administrator ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Hi All,
    This issue should now be resolved--you should now be able to add your property and see the Zestimate.

Thank you for your patience while we fixed this issue--

Quicken Kathryn
    Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator
  • sfrolls01sfrolls01 Member
    edited October 2017
    I tried again a few seconds agp and no change from yesterday.  It does not work.  i don't need to add a property just update the 2 I added long ago when this function was released. i did an update and tried again.  Did not work.  When i do try to update with Zestimate a window pops up and says "No Zestimate for this property"  and it would NOT let me edit any details for this property.
    edited October 2017
    i just deleted my 2 properties from my Quicken db and recreated them and now zestimate is working on the accounts I recreated.  Seems each new patch fixes something but breaks something  else that was working before the patch.
  • k_man81k_man81 Member
    edited October 2017
    Worked for me, without having to delete any properties.
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    It's not working for me, either.  Here's 2 graphics, the first from within Q, and the 2nd from Zillow itself:

As you can still see, even though I blacked out most of it, there is MOST CERTAINLY a Zestimate for my home.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor"
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017

It's not working for me, either.  Here's 2 graphics, the first from within Q, and the 2nd from Zillow itself:

As you can still see, even though I blacked out most of it, there is MOST CERTAINLY a Zestimate for my home.

Hi @ NotACPA, and @ All,

You are correct. But the Zestimate Connection seems to break after each New Program Update is Released and applied and installed.

To correct, via a workaround procedure, is to export the House Transactions in a Qif file.
    Now, delete the House Account Register.
    Click on the Property Tab. Create a New House Account. Use a Dummy open Transaction.
    Now import that Qif File you can created.
    Delete the Dummy Transaction you had to enter.
    Re-enter the Property Address and Zillow gives you a New Zestimate for the Property.

But it only works after re-creating the House Account.
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R19.44 & Quicken 2017 HBRP R19.1
  • CarlCarl Member
    edited October 2017

Thanks for sharing, this was the only thing that worked for me. 
    edited March 2018

I'll just stop using the Zillow interface ... and manually input the Zillow adjusted numbers.
    With 178 transactions in my "House" account, spanning 24 years and many of which are Transfers to/from other accounts, I don't want to risk this process.
    edited December 2018
    Easy fix.  I added my same property again as a new account, entered my property address for zillow and then tagged all previous transactions in my old "not updating" account and pasted them to my new account. I then made a adjustment to opening balance of new account then deleted old "not updating" account.  Whole process took about a minute. Works fine now
  • Brian SBrian S Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017

Hi sfrolls01,
    Sorry for the issues you're experiencing--there is currently a temporary issue with the Zestimate feature that should be fixed shortly.  If you try again later today, it should work as expected.

Hope this helps,
    Quicken Kathryn

Yes same thing happened to me, this is still not working as of 10/21/2017
  • PetePete Member
    edited October 2017
    sfrolls01 said:

Easy fix.  I added my same property again as a new account, entered my property address for zillow and then tagged all previous transactions in my old "not updating" account and pasted them to my new account. I then made a adjustment to opening balance of new account then deleted old "not updating" account.  Whole process took about a minute. Works fine now

Worked for me as well, thank you Sfrolls01.  thank you.  Now if they could just fix the "what if" tool we would actually have software worth paying for......
    edited October 2017

Hi @ NotACPA,

You could simply restore a manual backup, if the process failed. :) But seems to break after each new patch.
    edited October 2017
    sfrolls01 said:

How many transactions do you have in that House account?  And, are any of them Transfers from other accounts?

I'm looking at a House account with 179 transactions (I've owned my house for 24 years) and a great many are transfers.
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    sfrolls01 said:

I too have way too many transactions in my house account, just to create a new account.  I was sort of hoping that Quicken Inc would put something in that would allow fixing the Zillow estimate not working, but that hasn't happened so I have resorted to fixing it the "hard way".

The "hard way" being that you create a new account and transfer the transactions to the new account, and then delete the old account.

Note in Quicken 2017 the changed what happens to a "transfer" when a the transfer account is deleted and with the result being a "Unspecified Account".

This means that you have to take more steps to ensure that you don't run into problems when you finally deleted old account.
    1. Create new house account, setting it up for Zestimate.  Note the starting date and amount are probably not important since you will need to remove them later, just make them for before today.

2. If you have a loan account associated it with this property (even if it is paid off) select it during creating the account.  Note if you have multiple loan accounts associated with this house you can later go to the Account Details of the loan accounts and select to link them to this house account.
    3. Go into the new house account and delete the transactions.
    4. Go to the old house account and select all the transactions.

5. Right click and select Copy transaction(s).
    6. Go to the new house account and right click on the blank entry transaction and right click to select to paste the transactions.
    7. In the search box at the top right of the register put in [OLD ACCOUNT NAME], where OLD ACCOUNT NAME is the name of your old house account.
    8. Select all of these transactions.
    9. Right click and select Edit transaction(s).
    10. Change the Category to your new house account name like [New House Account].  Select Replace All, and then Done.
    11. Close and restart Quicken (the account will appear blank until you do this).
    12. Delete old house account.
    13. Select: Reports -> Banking -> Transaction
    14. Select to customize the report, and select the Categories tab.
    15. Put in [Unspecified Account] into the Category text box.
    16. Change the date range to Earliest to date.
    17. Select OK and what should come up is any transfers that were in/out of the old investment account.  You and select these and right click to delete them.  Note these are copies of what will already be in the new house account.
    18. Go to the new house account and in the account details you can change the name back to what you had for the original house account name.
    19. Go to the new account and select Check for updated Zestimate. this will allow it do the most recent update in prices estimate.
  • stevesbestevesbe Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    sfrolls01 said:

One correction on step #15... Should put in [Deleted Account] into the Category text box at the right of the pop up window.

Thanks for the write up...worked like a charm.

Steve
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    sfrolls01 said:

stevesbe What version of Quicken are you using?

It sounds like you are using a version of Quicken older than Quicken 2017.  Older versions used [Deleted Account], but Quicken 2017 uses [Unspecified Account].

I think I will create a FAQ for the above procedure and it will be good information to state that the older versions used [Deleted Account].

But come to think of it the Zillow estimate is only in Quicken 2017 and beyond so I'm not sure what is going on.
    edited November 2017
    sfrolls01 said:

I'm using Quicken 2017 Premier Version: R15 Build: 26.1.15.5 on Windows 10 Pro.

Steve
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    sfrolls01 said:

Very weird!

Well then then I guess the FAQ will just have to say to try them both, or look at what it is in the new house account.
    edited November 2017
    sfrolls01 said:

Just so you know I reinstalled Quicken 2017 on a fresh re-install of Windows 10 Pro. Perhaps that had something to do with it.

I think your idea of trying them both or looking at what it is in the new house account is a good idea. 

For what it's worth... I have to let you know that when the balances in some of my accounts suddenly changed after step #5 due to the duplicate transactions I thought I had done something wrong. So not realizing the following steps would handle this, I restored and started the process over.  To prevent others from also doing what I did, I would humbly suggest adding a note into step #5 to let folks know that this may happen.  Perhaps putting something in step #5 like "This will duplicate the transactions that are found in the old house account and therefore will likely cause balances in other accounts to change. However keep working through this procedure since the following steps will remove the duplicate transactions and restore the balances in your other accounts."  I know you allude to this in step 17 but I didn't connect the dots until later.

Again...thanks for this procedure! Great job!

Steve
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    sfrolls01 said:

I posted the FAQ here, and added that a note to step 5.  Thanks for the suggestion.
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/faq-zestimate-stopped-working-how-can-i-fix-it?topic-reply-list%5Bsettings%5D%5Bfilter_by%5D=all&topic-reply-list%5Bsettings%5D%5Breply_id%5D=19081044#reply_19081044
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    sfrolls01 said:

I was thinking about this and isn't step 6 where you actually copy the transactions into the register where the balances go wrong?

Step 5 only "saves them to memory".

I have moved the note to step 6.

And please don't respond on the FAQ:  That will lock me out of edit it any more.
    edited November 2017
    sfrolls01 said:

Hi @ QPW ,

Instead of copying transactions, have you simply exported the Transactions into a GIF. After I created a New House Account, not tying it to nothing, Then import the transactions back into the New House Account, with exactly the same name as before. I deleted to old House Account, before creating a New House Account.
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    sfrolls01 said:

Did your house account have any transfers to another account?  I think if it does you will run into some problems with those transfers.  But I will check it out, your solution might a much better way to do it.
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    sfrolls01 said:

I just tried it and the automatic transfer detection did fix up the transfer created to another account during the import.

So your way might be faster to "describe" Quicken experts, but for a detailed FAQ I think both would require about the same amount of steps.  Since it would be necessary to tell them how to properly set all the options in the QIF export/import dialog and the deleting/creating of accounts is the same.

About the only difference is really the searching for the [Unspecified Account] transactions and deleting them.

Maybe you could work up all the steps and see which one really would be the least work given the audience is not an expert Quicken user.
    edited November 2017
    sfrolls01 said:

Hi @ QPW ,

I have no Transactions into or out of the House Account. Mainly tracking the Zillow increases and decreases to the Zillow House Value.

However, it is tied to a Mortgage, however.
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    sfrolls01 said:

From my quick test it will still work if someone has a transfer out of the account.
    The automatic transfer detection did prompt for it and when I said yes it did the right thing.

The truth is that even though one person I helped with this mentioned they had such transactions, I think they would be extremely rare.  And as such probably could be ignored.
  • RahmatRahmat Member
    edited October 2018
    I am using Quicken Rental Property Manager 2017; Version R15, Build 26.1.15.5. Same issue with me, Zillow does not update zestimate values the way it did couple of months ago. I paid $159 for this stupid software that doe snot do what I paid for. Why would I by any quicken product anymore?
    edited November 2017
    Rahmat said:

I am using Quicken Rental Property Manager 2017; Version R15, Build 26.1.15.5. Same issue with me, Zillow does not update zestimate values the way it did couple of months ago. I paid $159 for this stupid software that doe snot do what I paid for. Why would I by any quicken product anymore?

See this: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/faq-zestimate-stopped-working-how-can-i-fix-it