Linked cash account for investment account missing Bill and reminders tab

After upgrade from R13 to R15, the reminder tab is missing from linked cash register to an investment account.  There are 2 reminder transactions due into the linked account and there is no tab below the register to look at these reminder transactions as there was prior to R15.  The account list shows the clock icon for the linked account and clicking on the icon says there are 2 transactions due.  Please fix this so that the reminder tab shows in the linked account once again.  I can click on the icon, but it opens a new window and makes it difficult to look at the downloaded transactions and the reminders and match transactions.
Quicken Windows 2017 Deluxe R19.1 on Windows 7 & 10 Pro

Comments

• UKRUKR SuperUser
    edited September 2018

The Bill and Income Reminders tab does not show at the bottom of the register if the individual account has been set to "automatically accept downloaded transactions into your register".

Where are the "Auto-accept downloaded
    transaction" settings?

There are two places
    where this is controlled in Quicken for Windows:

- Globally, for all accounts, in Edit /
    Preferences / Downloaded Transactions

- For each account individually, the
    global setting can be overridden from the Edit Account Details screen, Online
    Services Tab. Look for blue text "Automatic Entry is: ON / OFF".
    Click the text to change the setting.

• leishirsuteleishirsute Member
    edited January 22
    Isn't what you describe for downloaded transactions?  The downloaded tab is displaying as set.
    The tab that is not showing is Bill and Reminders tab.  It is not showing for any linked accounts.

The Automatic Entry is turned off globallly and for each account.

Please bring back the Bill and Reminders tab in the linked account register.

Please make the behavior of a linked cash account behave like a checking account i.e. show the bill and reminders tab under the check register.
    edited January 22
    This is still a problem.  No changes to preferences were made and the bill and reminders tab displayed prior to the recent upgrade to Q2015 R15.  Automatic Entry has never been set globally or locally.  Clock icon on account shows 1 reminder transaction is pending, but there is no Bill and Reminders tabs under the register.  Problem is only occurring for linked cash account.  My workaround is to change the reminder transaction account to be the investment account, but it defeats the purpose of having a linked cash account that one expects to behave like a regular checking account.

UPDATE:  Attempted workaround did not work.  The cash reminder deposit into the investment account did not show as cash entering the linked cash account.  In fact the linked cash account balance did not update with the new cash deposit into the investment account (which is what I had hoped would happen) or even show any cash transaction like most cash transactions do for linked accounts.
    edited January 22
    Additional info:
    I noticed when first starting a Quicken session, the Reminder transaction displays below the linked cash account register even though there is no Bill and Reminders tab.  However, once the Downloaded Transaction tab is selected, the reminder transaction cannot be redisplayed since there is no tab.

I have to start a new Quicken session for the linked account Reminder transaction to display.
    edited January 22
    Info update:  I received a downloaded transaction for review below the register today.  Now the Reminder transactions do not display even at the beginning of a Quicken session.
    So, evidently the Reminder transactions display only if the Download Transaction(0) count is 0.
    edited January 22
    Are there any updates on the fix for this bug?
    Do some of the community superusers have access to bug resolution status?
    edited January 22
    Well, I was hoping the latest update R16.2 of Quicken 2017 would fix this problem, but it still exists.
    It's hard to tell what R16.2 is supposed to resolve since there are no release notes.
    edited January 22
    Bill and Income Reminders tab is missing for linked cash accounts.  The problem has existed for several versions of Quicken.
    This problem still exists in R17.2

Example:
    Linked cash account:

Non-linked cash account:

There is actually 1 Due Bill and Reminder for the Linked Cash account shown above but the tab is missing.
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser
    edited August 2018

Bill and Income Reminders tab is missing for linked cash accounts.  The problem has existed for several versions of Quicken.

Example:
    Linked cash account:

Non-linked cash account:

There is actually 1 Due Bill and Reminder for the Linked Cash account shown above but the tab is missing.

From C. D. Bales:

The only people who can do anything about this are the Quicken developers, and they almost certainly already know the problem still exists. So I see no possible benefit in continuing to repeat the same complaint.

As of today, you can:

_ Deal with (Edit/Enter/Delete) Reminders for linked checking accounts in Q2017 by clicking on the clock icon to the left of the account name in the Quicken Account Bar - or by having Quicken display the Reminders IN the linked checking account.

_ Or you can upgrade to Q2018 which displays the Reminders tab below the linked checking account.
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
    edited January 4

Example:
    Linked cash account:

Non-linked cash account:

It is good to get some acknowledgement that the problem is recognized by the developers.  I repeat the complaint until I get some feedback of acknowledgement, otherwise I can only assume the problem has not been noticed or verified.

Thank you for forcing some acknowledgement of the problem.
This discussion has been closed.