Synchrony Credit No Longer Updating

Quicken Premier Windows 2016 - Synchrony Credit account stopped syncing. When I go to activate it again, I get an unknown account error.

Comments

• edited January 2018
    Is this for Synchrony  Bank Credit Cards?

Have you tried to deactivate and reactivate the account yet?
  • NathanNathan Member
    edited February 2018
    Yes, Synchrony Credit Cards. I deactivated and cannot get it to reactivate. I get "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.)" Going on 3 weeks that it hasn't synced now.
  • edited October 2017
    Nathan said:

Yes, Synchrony Credit Cards. I deactivated and cannot get it to reactivate. I get "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.)" Going on 3 weeks that it hasn't synced now.

The account I use for SCC says its site is down for maintenance so I cannot test it so will have to wait until tomorrow.  Maybe that was your issue also?
    Did you try to login directly?
  • NathanNathan Member
    edited October 2017
    Nathan said:

Hmm...maybe that's the issue tonight. I've been able to login to the SCC website to view/pay/etc. But this issue has been going on for awhile.
  • edited October 2017
    Nathan said:

It also could be that all of the FI's are beefing up their security due to breaches, etc but I dont know as I have not had an issue with any of my accounts and I log in and download as I have done for years as I review all transactions before download into Quicken.  That said, i did have an issue with .net framework and R10 of which I had to reinstall after installing the up to date framework file at that time. 
  • Lee BurnsLee Burns Member
    edited October 2017
    Nathan said:

I have a Sam's Club credit card that is through Synchrony Bank. Their bank does niot recognize the Sam's Club credit log-in info. I have to set up Quicken to use the Sam's Club credit login and it will work for awhile but then Quicken One Step will change it to Synchrony Bank and it won't work anymore. I change it back and wade through all the duplicates downloaded and the process starts all over again. Anyone else have this problem? I'm using Quicken 2017 Deluxe R15.
    Anyone know how to stop One Step Update from changing my data entered?
  • edited October 2017
    Nathan said:

i have a penny's card and i cannot set it up either (Synchrony Bank) and the funny thing is i do not see anywhere on their site that it supports download and I cannot set it up thru OSU .. that said the OSU is just a test as I download from the web site and import into quicken manually. Still researching this however to see what the issue is.
  • edited October 2017
    Nathan said:

I called and the only thing penney's supports is manual download. 
    What I would suggest is to contact Synchrony bank and ask them what they support as far as transaction download, via one step or if it is a manual download into quicken. 
    i do manual downloads anyway and have only used one step to test connections. 
    I could not establish an link to penny's and their card is provided by Synchrony.  Personally i think because of the breaches the FIs are not only beefing up their security but limiting automated access but that is my opinion based upon recent events and breaches.
  • edited October 2017
    Nathan said:

Nathan, you may want to call Synchrony Bank to find out what their policy is on transaction downloads whether they allow automated or manual downloads.
  • NathanNathan Member
    edited October 2017
    Nathan said:

Who did you call? I had Synchrony bank (Amazon Store Card) updating with One-Step Update in Quicken until 30 September 2017 (3 weeks ago). Did they just stop the Quicken Online Services?

I checked with Synchrony Bank about a week ago and they said that everything looked okay with my account and it was a problem with Quicken.

Rick - I'll try calling again. Thanks.
  • edited October 2017
    Nathan said:

ok ... it gets perplexing as I dont know as I dont have an account with Synchrony but they provide cards to penney's and others.  I was able to set up with penney's before but now I cannot as they only support manual downloads.
    But they did say that they support automated downloads via one step correct.
  • edited October 2017
    Nathan said:

I have an 877 302 8775 that I will call that I got from Synchrony but I dont know if it for them or penney's
  • edited October 2017
    Nathan said:

it is for synchrony bank but is a credit counseling number .. so much for synchrony lol  A shell game
  • edited October 2017
    Nathan said:

All I can say is to contact support and ask them if there has been any changes to Synchrony Banks services registered with Quicken.
  • edited February 2018
    Nathan said:

I too have had trouble downloading with 4 credit cards serviced by Synchrony Bank.  Lowes, Belks, Amazon Store Card, and Sam's Club MasterCard.  Usually, it just says try again later.  I have found that many times they have download errors when I am doing the full One Step Update.  However, if I just go to each account and download individually, most of the time it works.  Almost sounds like an issue with timing out to the various sites serviced by Synchrony.
  • edited February 2018
    Nathan said:

I have a similar problem with a Synchrony bank credit card account from Amazon.  I spent a ton of time with Quicken Support, but they were unable to fix it.  If I create a new file, it can download transactions from Synchrony.  But, if I try to activate online services in my main Quicken file, it connects without error, but, in fact, no transactions download and the online balance is wrong.  This happens to me with my Capital One Credit Card, too.  I perceive this as a Quicken problem and not a Synchrony problem.
  • NathanNathan Member
    edited February 2018
    Nathan said:

I was able to reset the account and it is showing as connected. However, it still will not download transactions
  • bturner3065bturner3065 Member
    edited November 2017
    I am experiencing this in Quicken 2017 as well. It keeps asking me for my password now even though it is the same as the stored password. It says afterward that it is the correct password, but doesnt download any transactions.
  • Jay RignaniJay Rignani Member
    edited November 2017
    The Financial Institution information in Quicken for Synchrony bank (and Synchrony Bank managed accounts) appear to be wrong.  I've tried to setup Online Services for these accounts which I was previously managing manually (probably because the Online Services setup failed when I originally opened the accounts) and they all fail.  The URL for the Financial Institution="Synchrony Credit Cards" for example says www.synchronyfinancial.com which is just a generic website whereas the URL to access your Synchrony accounts is www.mysynchrony.com
  • NathanNathan Member
    edited November 2017
    It started working for me just randomly. I still have problems occasionally, but not as long of an outage.
  • edited June 2018
    I have this same issue with my Paypal Mastercard (which is Synchrony).  Delete it, set it up, works great... ONCE.  Then the next time I try to update it it says, there is a problem, try again in a few days.

This has been going on since Q2016.  It's making me crazy.  I have deleted and re-added it so many times it's unreal.

If I could just ONCE get my update to work flawlessly across all accounts I would be so happy I might die.
  • NathanNathan Member
    edited November 2017
    Now a 2 other different accounts are not updating. Quicken sure is making it an easy decision NOT to upgrade to 2018.
  • SpotteddogSpotteddog Member
    edited February 2018
    Nathan said:

I am having a terrible time downloading most credit card and bank transactions and reminders.
  • edited November 2017
    out of curiosity, have you tried logging into your account and trying to download the transactions via selecting the QFX and then downloading them into Quicken to manually reconcile?
    edited February 2018
    That's not how Q2018 is supposed to work.
    If I wanted to manually download everything  and check my bills by going to each vendor's website, I wouldn't need Quicken. 
    Can't we get these major bugs fixed immediately? I'm supposed to pay a yearly subscription and nothing gets fixed in a timely manner? Just about had it!
  • edited November 2017
    Give this a try .. this goes to the CEO ..

I did but my issue was with the way that Quicken hides files that unless you manually download you wont know and they remain un reconciled. 
  • BillBill Member
    edited January 2018
    I Sync and Reconsile.  My problem is that the only information downloaded is a ID number for the purchase.and the amount.  To find out what is the item, I must wait for ther paper bill at the end of the month. Syncronybank says it i Quicken Software..  Is it?  All my other credit cards work fine as well as Quicken Bill pay. 
  • Gary LeightonGary Leighton Member
    edited February 2018

Is this for Synchrony  Bank Credit Cards?

Have you tried to deactivate and reactivate the account yet?

yes several times
    edited February 2018
    Sync not longer works for me on 90% of my account. I give up.
  • edited February 2018
    After working with Quicken Support a number of times, they have stopped responding to me.  I have given up on Quicken and am looking for alternatives.  I also upgraded to Quicken 2018 but had such a mess with moving Quicken Billpay to 2018 that I have gone back to Quicken 2017.  What a horrible mess and a bad way to treat long term customers.  I've used Quicken for more than 20 years, but this will be the last one.
This discussion has been closed.