Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Quicken Mac 2018 Investments register does not return to most recent transaction

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited August 2018 in Investing (Mac)
I use the quicken registers with the most recent transactions at the bottom.  After updating to Quicken Mac 2018 when I select a "Investing" account the register always returns to the oldest register date at the top of the screen instead of the newest register date at the bottom of the screen.    Date ordering is correct... Just selects the wrong end of the register to display. 

I even selected the register entry at the bottom, change to another register, and come back and it still returns to the oldest entry at the top.

I reversed the date ordering to newest date at the top and that works... but I'm old school and still like oldest at the bottom...

I do not see this issue with the  "Banking" registers in Quicken Mac 2018, just "Investing" registers. 

I also did not have this issue with Quicken for Mac 2017.

Anyone else seeing this?

Comments

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited August 2018
    This has been an issue for all versions of Quicken for Mac written on the new platform. (It was designed to have newest at the top like most banks/CC websites.) Occasionally, accounts will get hung and want to revert to the top. I don't know if they ever nailed down the issue.

I don't see it because I adapted to the newest at the top. I got used to it very quickly, but you may not want to do this. I find it a lot easier when comparing to bank/investing websites.
  • Quicken Marcus
    Quicken Marcus Administrator, Employee ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Craig, I'm able to reproduce this.  That's pretty annoying.  Let me write up a bug.
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2017

Craig, I'm able to reproduce this.  That's pretty annoying.  Let me write up a bug.

People have been filling out bug reports for this since 2010. (Well, not investment accounts, but registers in general.)

If it ever got fixed, the fix got broken rather quickly.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2017
    I have been able to work around this in the past by scrolling the window where you want it, then double clicking a transaction at that end of the register, make any small change (e.g. the memo), save, then immediately quit Quicken.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser, Mac Beta, Canada Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017

This has been an issue for all versions of Quicken for Mac written on the new platform. (It was designed to have newest at the top like most banks/CC websites.) Occasionally, accounts will get hung and want to revert to the top. I don't know if they ever nailed down the issue.

I don't see it because I adapted to the newest at the top. I got used to it very quickly, but you may not want to do this. I find it a lot easier when comparing to bank/investing websites.

But latest at the bottom is best for comparing to printed or electronic statements. ;-)
    Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
    COMPLETE list of Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac to VOTE on

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen?
    Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(
    Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2017

This isn't about the sort order. It's about the scrolling position not returning to the most recent transaction.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • smayer97
    edited October 2017

I know...I was just making a side comment on the sort oder that John was mentioning...

Add your vote here:

(
  • M C Crockett
    M C Crockett Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017

It is definitely not about sorting transactions in ascending date order.  Quicken 2018 does maintain the date sort order that you define.

This is about Quicken not placing the most recent transactions in the view window.

With regard to John in NC's comment, I have yet to receive a statement from any financial institution with the transactions being reported in descending date order.  In addition my financial institutions' web sites tend to report transactions in ascending date order although one that changed their web service provider recently has changed to displaying transactions in descending date order.  I don't care for it but then again I reconcile my Quicken accounts to the printed monthly statements.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017

Like I indicated in my original thread.  It's been working with Quicken for Mac 2017 fo all account types.  Was working prior to my 2018 upgrade today.
  • M C Crockett
    M C Crockett Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017

It was fixed in Quicken for Mac 2015, 2016, and 2017.  It was broken in Quicken 2018.  The positioning problem was fixed in investment accounts around the time that Quicken 2016 was released.  Even the problem with the Activity Bar overlaying the last two transactions got fixed.
  • smayer97
    edited October 2017

Sorry...I did not mean to imply it was related to sorting...I know the bug is not...

Add your vote here:

(
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2018
    Thanks works for me!!
This discussion has been closed.