QWin 2018 HBRP: calendar does not show expenses on home calendar view

Upgraded from Quicken 2016 Home and Business to Quicken 2018 Home and Business with Rental option - Expenses do not show on home page calendar. Checked the appropriate checkbox under options for calendar but no expenses. tried deleting and adding back the calendar under customization but no luck. The expenses do show up on calendar under Tools>Calendar. Just not on the home page calendar.

Comments

• PhilipPhilip Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I agree. I just upgraded to Premiere 2018 from 2017 and my scheduled expenses are not showing on the Home Tab Calendar but do show up on the main Calendar like they always have.

As a test I deleted a reminder that i had to transfer money from Checking to Savings. This reminder was not showing on the calendar. I created a new reminder for this transfer and now it is showing on the Home Tab Calendar. That's really strange.

Definitely a bug in there somewhere. I use the Scheduled view under the Home Tab everyday so this discrepancy was noticed immediately after upgrading.

-phil
  • Jos Van HoutJos Van Hout Member
    edited January 2018
    Thanks Phil, Was checking to make sure i did not miss something.
    How do we make sure Quicken has this info so they can patch? (New at this community) Do i need to open a support chat or contact them outside of this community?
  • PhilipPhilip Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I think Quicken monitors the forums but to be sure Support should be contacted either by Chat or Phone. 
    edited February 2018
    Issue reported to Quicken Support Today 10/25/17, reference Chat number "01213042". They indicated another user had the same issue and his support case was escalated to the development team for review. File validation and creating a new file did not fix the issue. Obviously there is a sync issue between Tools>Calendar and the Home Calendar 
    edited February 2018
    UPDATE.... It appears "Transfers" show on both calendars. Other expenses do not..FYI
  • PhilipPhilip Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I agree. I see Income and Transfer reminders only on the Home Tab Scheduled view Calendar. None of the Bill Reminders are showing.
  • PhilipPhilip Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Now I'm wondering how Quicken is handling Bills and Transfers throughout the different views. Sometimes they are lumped together while in other places they are separated. I haven't been paying much attention to it until now.

An example would be my auto payment. In my mind that's a Bill but Quicken treats it as a Transfer. You can see this when you add a reminder for a transaction that is in your checking register. Quicken will title the reminder as a Transfer or Bill depending on where the money flowed in the transaction. Must be if the money goes to another Quicken account then it's a transfer. So any loan payments are Transfers like Mortgage and Auto. In my mind those are Bills.

On the Bills & Income Tab the Bills view is only showing Bills while Transfers are shown on the Income & Transfers view.

I guess it all makes sense from a Bankers point of view. I tend to think more like a consumer and not so much like a Banker.
  • John EJohn E Member
    edited November 2017
    Philip said:

I agree. I just upgraded to Premiere 2018 from 2017 and my scheduled expenses are not showing on the Home Tab Calendar but do show up on the main Calendar like they always have.

As a test I deleted a reminder that i had to transfer money from Checking to Savings. This reminder was not showing on the calendar. I created a new reminder for this transfer and now it is showing on the Home Tab Calendar. That's really strange.

Definitely a bug in there somewhere. I use the Scheduled view under the Home Tab everyday so this discrepancy was noticed immediately after upgrading.

-phil

just upgraded from Deluxe '17 to '18 and lost all my expense reminders on my home calendar.  Use this a lot to see cash flow and hoping they fix soon!  
  • John EJohn E Member
    edited February 2018
    Expense does not show up under scheduling, just income and transfer. Talked to customer support after 30 minute wait and after “pulling teeth” I got them to say that this is an issue they are working on... haha, at first they kept going in circles saying that expense reminders show up in register but that wasn’t my issue! Then they explained to me that this is “new” software and there WILL be issues. Oh well.... ./deep sigh.
  • MikejsrMikejsr Member
    edited November 2017

Issue reported to Quicken Support Today 10/25/17, reference Chat number "01213042". They indicated another user had the same issue and his support case was escalated to the development team for review. File validation and creating a new file did not fix the issue. Obviously there is a sync issue between Tools>Calendar and the Home Calendar 

I'm having the same issue. Hope QS don't take forever to fix this!!
  • John EJohn E Member
    edited November 2017
    Philip said:

-phil

If ya go to tool>bill reminders. There is a calendar you can click through n and reminders show up. Kind of clunky but works OK. Don’t like it and hope they put it back to n home tab. Seems they want us to use their “bill pay online” but they are crazy if they think I’ll trust that!
  • Dennis RDennis R Member
    edited October 2018
    I agree with most people on this forum...I dislike the change that was made to the default calendar view for "Bills and Income" in the latest version: Quicken 2018.  I prefer to see all Expense Reminders combined with the Income and Transfer Reminders. I did find a button in the bottom right hand corner of the calendar view [Show Full Calendar]. If you click on it, you get a new, separate window that has everything combined like you were accustomed to seeing in version 2017 and earlier.  I would prefer to see this as the default view, but at least you can get it with some extra clicking.
    edited November 2017
    Dennis R said:

I agree with most people on this forum...I dislike the change that was made to the default calendar view for "Bills and Income" in the latest version: Quicken 2018.  I prefer to see all Expense Reminders combined with the Income and Transfer Reminders. I did find a button in the bottom right hand corner of the calendar view [Show Full Calendar]. If you click on it, you get a new, separate window that has everything combined like you were accustomed to seeing in version 2017 and earlier.  I would prefer to see this as the default view, but at least you can get it with some extra clicking.

Hi Dennis, Where did you see the full calendar option. do not see it on my program.
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Dennis R said:

Ctrl+K or Tools -> Calendar
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Note this problem is because Quicken Inc decided to consolidate all bill reminders on the what use to be the Online Bills view.  In the process they removed bill reminders from all other views, not realizing that this is a negative impact to the way all those views (the calendar being one of them) are used:

A long thread on it is discussed here:
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-for-windows-2018-bill-view
  • kuhawksr1kuhawksr1 Member
    edited January 2018
    I just upgraded to Premier 2018 from 2017 today and this was the very first thing I noticed.  Bill reminders must be returned to the Home Tab Calendar; this bug needs to get squashed quickly.  Income and transfers show up as expected.  Let's not forget the toggle under the options menu on the Home Tab Calendar is labeled "Show bill and income reminders in calendar".
  • Gökhan AkbalGökhan Akbal Member
    edited January 2018
    Had the same problem and turned back 2017 and asked for a refund until the problem handled
  • PhilipPhilip Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Quicken rolled out a new release today, R3 build 27.1.3.1 with a long list of changes. Unfortunately they didn't fix the missing scheduled expenses on the Home Tab Calendar.

I also see that they've changed the graph colors again to something i don't like. I wish they would provide a preference to allow us setting these colors ourselves. Boo Hiss. This is probably the last version of Quicken I'll ever purchase. They just don't have their act together.
  • DavidDavid Member
    edited November 2017
    Philip said:

Quicken rolled out a new release today, R3 build 27.1.3.1 with a long list of changes. Unfortunately they didn't fix the missing scheduled expenses on the Home Tab Calendar.

I also see that they've changed the graph colors again to something i don't like. I wish they would provide a preference to allow us setting these colors ourselves. Boo Hiss. This is probably the last version of Quicken I'll ever purchase. They just don't have their act together.

Fell your pain. You are correct they have yet to fix this Home Screen Calendar.  That is very troubling.  CTRL-K is not the same as having the home screen calendar working.   
  • DavidDavid Member
    edited December 2017
    At what point is Quicken going to resolve this home screen calendar issue.  CTRL-K is not a fix...it's a work around.  Please advise.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Philip said:

Philip,
    in Q 2018 for Windows you can change graph colors: Go to Edit / Preferences / Colors.

I haven't got R 3 yet, so I don't know if there are any improvements. In R 2.3 not all graphs worked with the custom color scheme.

• PhilipPhilip Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Philip said:

So, the graphs I'm talking about are the various bar graphs. The Color preferences supposedly only affects wheel graphs that I don't have much use for.

The bar graphs I'm referring too are the Lifetime Planner graph on the Planning tab and the Bill and Income Reminders graph on the Home tab, Scheduled view.
  • Dennis RDennis R Member
    edited December 2017
    Dennis R said:

Jos, if you go the Bills and Income tab, then select "Income & Transfers" from the tab just below it, there will be a View as combo-box.  Pick "Calendar" as the view.  Then look in the lower right-hand corner of the calendar you should see a button called [Show Full Calendar]

CTRL-K also works, as noted above.

I am using Quicken 2018 HBRP Edition. version R2.3, Build 27.1.2.20

The Show Full Calendar button gives you something that looks like a pop-up window. This view seems to closely match what we used to see in the Bills and Income section.
  • DavidDavid Member
    edited January 2018
    Dennis R said:

CTRL-K is a work around fix.  Not the needed fix.  They have botched the home calendar screen - which all of us must depend upon heavily.  I'm not down on Quicken using it for years and will never change.  But they should have never released this version without that key dash board not working.  
    edited January 2018
    Dennis R said:

Dennis and David, agree that this needs to be fixed. I too have used the home screen calendar throughout all of the quicken versions. We need to have this changed.
  • OutrightLogicOutrightLogic Member
    edited December 2017
    Home tab calendar doesn't show correct projected balances nor expenses either though the Account Balance Graph does. Agree that although they show on the Ctrl+K that is not helpful and I have missed a number of payments due to this.
  • Pink2Pink2 Member
    edited December 2017
    This is also an issue for me.  I found the full calendar view, but it is definitely not the solution I want.  Hope they fix this soon.
  • edited January 2018
    Philip said:

-phil

I upgraded to 2018 an hour and a half ago. The removal of upcoming expenses from the calendar is a poor design and not user friendly. I cannot forecast! I have already downgraded back to 2017 and am requesting a refund for 2018. I won't be upgrading my Quicken until this is added back.
  • edited December 2017
    Ugh I really hope this fix this issue soon. I just upgraded from 2016 and I really want to avoid rolling back my software. I have 3 views with separate accounts & a calendar in each view, where I can forecast everything. Right now, I cannot forecast any of my accounts, unless I manually open the Calendar from the toolbar and select the appropriate accounts. Such a pain! 

Lets hope this fix this soon because it's an absolute hassle when you can't forecast.
  • cattanicattani Member
    edited December 2017
    I am adding my reply only in hope Quicken reviews these forums. I vote "YES" this needs to be fixed. Control-K is at best a short term work-around. 
This discussion has been closed.