Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

QWin 2018 HBRP: calendar does not show expenses on home calendar view

Comments

• S&P DobbsS&P Dobbs Member
    edited December 2017
    I also upgraded from Quicken 2016 as only quicken had the nice calendar view that allowed one to see all the upcoming bills and the paid bills right there on the calendar. now that is gone? If I can find my old copy of Quicken 2016 I will go back.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited October 2018
    I just upgraded recently and am frustrated by the inability to track a mortgage properly and keep in sync with bank.  should not be so hard - just trying to do principal and interest with a few prepayments
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    kmar65 said:

I just upgraded recently and am frustrated by the inability to track a mortgage properly and keep in sync with bank.  should not be so hard - just trying to do principal and interest with a few prepayments

Quit displaying your ignorance all over the forum.

Stick to a single question.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Tom StrangeTom Strange Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Philip said:

I agree. I just upgraded to Premiere 2018 from 2017 and my scheduled expenses are not showing on the Home Tab Calendar but do show up on the main Calendar like they always have.

As a test I deleted a reminder that i had to transfer money from Checking to Savings. This reminder was not showing on the calendar. I created a new reminder for this transfer and now it is showing on the Home Tab Calendar. That's really strange.

Definitely a bug in there somewhere. I use the Scheduled view under the Home Tab everyday so this discrepancy was noticed immediately after upgrading.

-phil

Was reverting back to 2017 difficult? Can you work from the 2018 data you entered?  I need the calendar function.
  • Philip107Philip107 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Quicken just released version R3.4 build 27.1.3.4 for my Premier 2018 and this calendar issue is still not resolved. This is 3 new releases since Jos Van Hout started this topic and reported it to Quicken on October 25, 2017. 
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited June 2018
    They forecasted mid jan to solve calendar issue
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited December 2017
    Philip said:

I agree. I just upgraded to Premiere 2018 from 2017 and my scheduled expenses are not showing on the Home Tab Calendar but do show up on the main Calendar like they always have.

As a test I deleted a reminder that i had to transfer money from Checking to Savings. This reminder was not showing on the calendar. I created a new reminder for this transfer and now it is showing on the Home Tab Calendar. That's really strange.

Definitely a bug in there somewhere. I use the Scheduled view under the Home Tab everyday so this discrepancy was noticed immediately after upgrading.

-phil

Same problem  - but my calendar from the menu or ICON is ok
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited December 2017
    Philip said:

-phil

Such a pain in having to forecast, especially when I had 3 separate views, with a Calendar in each view associated with different accounts. Having to click on the menu calendar, and then manually specify which accounts I want to forecast is very time consuming and a pain in the ****!
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited December 2017
    I updated from Quicken 2015 and found it hard to believe the made this change.
  • KrakatKrakat Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I hope this gets fixed quickly.  I rely on this feature and yes I can Ctrl-K but much easier to be there since it lists upcoming expenses in the legend... I just updated to R3.4 and still not fixed.
  • Jos Van HoutJos Van Hout Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    UPDATE - 12/7/17 ... Attempted to get an update today from Support on when this issue will be resolved and was disappointed at the lack of knowledge and response to this issue. Even referring to the 10/25/17 chat id number did not get me any additional information or direction. Will look at additional resources at quicken to get better results and if not i will revert for now to an earlier version until i can find a better product.  This was not an acceptable support interaction. I Have my own business with support portal and support issues, and would not tolerate this type of interaction and or lack of response to my customers. Also having experience in my business related to coding, scripting and application development, this issue should be a very simple fix as the information is already available on the calendar in >tools> calendar. All that needs to be done is call the same info on the home screen calendar. (And it was there before in earlier versions)

Not sure why this is so difficult and why its not time lined for a fix after 6 weeks.

Will update this thread once i get additional information.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited December 2017

I just came upon this thread and I too am experiencing the same situation. Maybe this was already written about but I did notice that by clicking on the calendar button under the tools menu tab it brings up a calendar with all the bill reminders (also the calendar icon does the same). This functions just like the old main calendar in 2015 functioned.

Until this screw up is fixed and the expense reminders are loaded on the main calendar this is the only way to get this to work. Good luck

• UnknownUnknown Member
    edited January 2018
    Just wanted to add my compliant to the list.  The Calendar on the Home Tab is the only way I've used Quicken for years and without it I'll miss upcoming bills and mess up my monthly budget.  Yes, I can get to the popup Calendar but they never should of messed up the other.  Poor quality control they the users now have to deal with until they get around to (maybe) fixing it.

And BTW... Why can't we get more
    control over the font sizes across the software?  "Use Large Font" throws
    dialog boxes outside the monitor window and other font settings don't
    affect the investments or account listing.  Changing the Windows Fonts is an unacceptable
    answer.  This is a usability problem that has never been addressed.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited February 2018
    Same problem.  If Quicken does not fix soon I will have to find a different program because this is too important to me.  
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited December 2017
    R4.7 was released today, although it only corrects the following:
    Fixed: An issue where setting the font for reports would have impacted reports printing.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited December 2017
    Philip said:

-phil

I just upgraded to 2018.  My Home Calendar shows scheduled transactions for 2017 not 2018.  For 2018 it shows scheduled deposits but not expenses.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited December 2017
    Philip said:

-phil

I just upgraded to 2018.  My Home Calendar shows scheduled transactions for 2017 not 2018.  It does,
     however, show scheduled deposits.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited January 2018
    I, too, am having this problem.  Spent two hours with Tech Support that seemed to have NO clue about the issue.  I would like it fixed ASAP. 
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited February 2018
    My experience also, Customer Support had No Clue.  I was told it was not a glitch but a feature. :)  Seriously, I was told that this function went away with the 2018 "Upgrade".  I have had Quicken for about 10 years.  Am weighing my options to stay the course with 2018, convert back to 2017, as long as I can get a refund or other software.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited January 2018
    They're unbelievable. The worst thing about 2018 is no longer being able to forecast your calendar accounts. I have multiple calendars setup on my Dashboard - 1 Calendar for personal and another for business. Each calendar has it's own accounts selected. I can no longer see any upcoming bills (i.e. manual bills, mortgage, etc.) AND I can't forecast. I'm hoping they'll have this addressed ASAP, otherwise I'm going to ask for a refund. 
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited January 2018
    I completely agree that this functionality needs to be reinstated!  It's the use able way to forecast cash-flows in Quicken.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited February 2018
    Philip said:

I think Quicken monitors the forums but to be sure Support should be contacted either by Chat or Phone. 

Contacting Support is useless.  They have no clue.  Never heard of the issue.  Quicken couldn't have hired more incompetent help if they tried.  Huh?
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited January 2018

Issue reported to Quicken Support Today 10/25/17, reference Chat number "01213042". They indicated another user had the same issue and his support case was escalated to the development team for review. File validation and creating a new file did not fix the issue. Obviously there is a sync issue between Tools>Calendar and the Home Calendar 

There is no fix.  These feature was removed on purpose.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited January 2018

UPDATE - 12/7/17 ... Attempted to get an update today from Support on when this issue will be resolved and was disappointed at the lack of knowledge and response to this issue. Even referring to the 10/25/17 chat id number did not get me any additional information or direction. Will look at additional resources at quicken to get better results and if not i will revert for now to an earlier version until i can find a better product.  This was not an acceptable support interaction. I Have my own business with support portal and support issues, and would not tolerate this type of interaction and or lack of response to my customers. Also having experience in my business related to coding, scripting and application development, this issue should be a very simple fix as the information is already available on the calendar in >tools> calendar. All that needs to be done is call the same info on the home screen calendar. (And it was there before in earlier versions)

Not sure why this is so difficult and why its not time lined for a fix after 6 weeks.

Will update this thread once i get additional information.

I am being told there is no fix.  This was intentional with the 2018 version.
  • inouridrinouridr Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Purchased the 2018 Premiere Quicken to upgrade my 2016 version and I'm seeing the following issues:

1. Same issues with Home Calendar view not showing bills and therefore the daily balance forecast is completely jacked up (STUPID!!!).

2. The FULL Financial Calendar view (does show bills) is buggy.  When changing/adding a bill, the daily balance for future dates does not update fully unless you click on the date or exit and reload the calendar.

3. The Bills section has a grouping called "Due Soon" that doesn't consistently display at the top of the queue.  Sometimes it appears at the bottom under future bills that have a later due date (STUPID!!).

4. The "go to matching transfer" menu option in the registers frequently return an error the linked account no longer exists, when it DOES exist.

This is just what I found after a couple hours of exploring.  Come on Quicken!  This version is NOT ready for prime time.  You've only screwed up the Home Calendar view about 6 out of the last 8 past version releases and had to go back and fix it.  Why is your regression testing SO BAD!!!

The financial calendar is one of the MOST IMPORTANT views in your application, which is why your hardcore devoted customers like me set it on the home screen as the first thing they see when logging in.

For all of the above, I have requested a refund for 2018.  I will be going back to 2016 Premiere and gladly pay the extra $9.95 per month bill pay fee so I don't have to deal with these issues.  Quicken, you need to fix this stuff NOW!!!!
  • inouridrinouridr Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Well GREAT!!!
    Now I can't get 2016 Premiere to re-install after uninstalling 2018.  The Setup file fails to initiate when I run.  I tried using the QCleanUI tool from Quicken, but still not working.  This may force me to use 2018 whether I want to or not.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited February 2018
    Quicken, Please get this fixed... it is a real problem for our household, This is how everyone know when bills are due. 
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited January 2018

Quicken, Please get this fixed... it is a real problem for our household, This is how everyone know when bills are due. 

Here's a work around: Click on the calendar icon or go to the calendar under the tools. Select the options and make sure "show bill and income reminders in calendar." This will show the running cash balance plus the bill and income reminders.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited January 2018
    inouridr said:

Well GREAT!!!
    Now I can't get 2016 Premiere to re-install after uninstalling 2018.  The Setup file fails to initiate when I run.  I tried using the QCleanUI tool from Quicken, but still not working.  This may force me to use 2018 whether I want to or not.

Here's a work around: Click on the calendar icon or go to the calendar
    under the tools. Select the options and make sure "show bill and income
    reminders in calendar." This will show the running cash balance plus the
    bill and income reminders.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited January 2018

They're unbelievable. The worst thing about 2018 is no longer being able to forecast your calendar accounts. I have multiple calendars setup on my Dashboard - 1 Calendar for personal and another for business. Each calendar has it's own accounts selected. I can no longer see any upcoming bills (i.e. manual bills, mortgage, etc.) AND I can't forecast. I'm hoping they'll have this addressed ASAP, otherwise I'm going to ask for a refund. 

Here's a work around: Click on the calendar icon or go to the calendar
    under the tools. Select the options and make sure "show bill and income
    reminders in calendar." This will show the running cash balance plus the
    bill and income reminders.
This discussion has been closed.