Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

QWin 2018 HBRP: calendar does not show expenses on home calendar view

Comments

• UnknownUnknown Member
    edited January 2018

I, too, am having this problem.  Spent two hours with Tech Support that seemed to have NO clue about the issue.  I would like it fixed ASAP. 

Here's a work around: Click on the calendar icon or go to the calendar
    under the tools. Select the options and make sure "show bill and income
    reminders in calendar." This will show the running cash balance plus the
    bill and income reminders.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited June 2018
    Everyone, until they fix the broken link on the Home Screen for the calendar, you can do the following:

Click on the calendar icon or go to the calendar
    under the tools. Select the "options" tab and make sure "show bill and income
    reminders in calendar" is selected. This will show the running cash balance plus the

This is better than nothing.
  • JPGJPG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018

Everyone, until they fix the broken link on the Home Screen for the calendar, you can do the following:

reminders in calendar" is selected. This will show the running cash balance plus the

Unfortunately, that is not correct. Using the latest version (R4.10) and the same for all prior versions of Quicken 2018, even with "show bill and income reminders in calendar" checked, the calendar shows ONLY the income reminders. The showing of bill reminders in the main calendar has been intentionally disabled by the software developers. Bills will only show on the "mini" calendar called up by CTRL-K, where the selection of "show bill and income reminders" works correctly. The discrepancy between the regular and mini calendars makes no sense, but this is Quicken isn't it!
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited January 2018

That's what I wrote. Use the calendar under the tools or the menu bar....what you call the "mini" calendar. Please take the time to carefully read again.

BTW, the main screen calendar is not intentionally disabled. There's a broken link. Otherwise, the options to show the bill and income reminders and the recorded transactions wouldn't exist. To avoid argument, I'm on R4.10 as well.
  • Philip107Philip107 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

I agree with Ken. What I call the "main" Calendar I access through an icon on the toolbar. This calendar is still working properly and shows bill and income reminders when set through the Options settings.

I think this Calendar icon is on the toolbar initially with the program. You can always hide it or show through the Customize Toolbar settings.

• JPGJPG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018

Ken, I apologize for misreading your post, and we are in agreement that
    the home page calendar (or the "main calendar", as you referred to it in
    a prior post) is currently crippled. As for whether it has been
    intentionally disabled or not, I would like to believe that is has not,
    but there are several comments in this thread referencing contacts with
    Quicken support indicating that the removal of bill reminders in the
    home page calendar was intentional. The fact that it has not been fixed
    in at least two revisions despite complaints going back to October 25 suggests that those indications may be correct.
  • Philip107Philip107 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

They forecasted mid jan to solve calendar issue

Gökhan Akbal, By "they" I assume you mean Quicken. Have you had conversations with them regarding this calendar issue? We're getting many more responses in this thread and a fix is very much anticipated. We all are interested in any information you have regarding Quicken fixing this by mid January.  Thanks,   -phil
  • Frank BogdanFrank Bogdan Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    A calendar view with "Income only" is totally worthless. I never seen a computer program with so many bugs in it in my life.  I can understand if a new feature does not work properly but a feature that worked properly in prior versions there is no excuse for.  I'm so sorry I "downgraded"  to the 2018 version.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited January 2018

A calendar view with "Income only" is totally worthless. I never seen a computer program with so many bugs in it in my life.  I can understand if a new feature does not work properly but a feature that worked properly in prior versions there is no excuse for.  I'm so sorry I "downgraded"  to the 2018 version.

Tell me about it. People need to forecast and without having manual bills & transfers displayed, it's impossible to forecast. I'm really hoping they get this fixed in the next week or so, otherwise I'll have to go back to 2016. Unreal.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited February 2018
    Agree with everyone's comments on this thread.  I have been a Quicken user for 25 years and have always used the Calendar views to forecast.  I have separate views set up for different accounts and using the work around calendar solution mentioned above forces me to change the calendar options each time I want to look at a different account to see the forecast.  This is definitely a downgrade in the tool and from the comments in this thread, it sounds like customer support is worthless.  Time to start looking for another tool option if Quicken can't get their act together after splitting from Intuit.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited January 2018
    Long time user of Quicken and extremely disappointed with the current Quicken software since the split from Intuit.  Why in the world would you have a home/main financial calendar with only income?
    A calendar oversight or bug is one thing but add all the other issues such as downloading transactions that worked just find with all the previous versions.  Agree with the other customers, hoping Quicken can get their act together and soon before we all go elsewhere. 
  • AvaAva Member
    edited January 2018
    Philip said:

I agree. I just upgraded to Premiere 2018 from 2017 and my scheduled expenses are not showing on the Home Tab Calendar but do show up on the main Calendar like they always have.

As a test I deleted a reminder that i had to transfer money from Checking to Savings. This reminder was not showing on the calendar. I created a new reminder for this transfer and now it is showing on the Home Tab Calendar. That's really strange.

Definitely a bug in there somewhere. I use the Scheduled view under the Home Tab everyday so this discrepancy was noticed immediately after upgrading.

-phil

Just updated to R4.10, 27.1.4.10, 2018 Deluxe patch. There is now an option to show Bills and Income on the same tab but the calendar option is gone all together. In the Bills & Income tab, click the settings icon (upper right) and there is an option to "Combine Bills, Income & Transfer". When you click that, there is no longer a calendar view at all. Other than downloading transactions into my various accounts, the calendar is the main thing I used in Quicken. I hope they continue to improve upon this "feature"
  • AvaAva Member
    edited January 2018
    Philip said:

I agree. I just upgraded to Premiere 2018 from 2017 and my scheduled expenses are not showing on the Home Tab Calendar but do show up on the main Calendar like they always have.

As a test I deleted a reminder that i had to transfer money from Checking to Savings. This reminder was not showing on the calendar. I created a new reminder for this transfer and now it is showing on the Home Tab Calendar. That's really strange.

Definitely a bug in there somewhere. I use the Scheduled view under the Home Tab everyday so this discrepancy was noticed immediately after upgrading.

-phil

But CTRL+K still works!!!
  • Jos Van HoutJos Van Hout Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018

Long time user of Quicken and extremely disappointed with the current Quicken software since the split from Intuit.  Why in the world would you have a home/main financial calendar with only income?
    A calendar oversight or bug is one thing but add all the other issues such as downloading transactions that worked just find with all the previous versions.  Agree with the other customers, hoping Quicken can get their act together and soon before we all go elsewhere. 

Randy, agree and after starting this discussion almost three months ago, still no calendar...not sure what we can do as reverting back to an earlier version appears not to work. Still reviewing alternative solutions and will comment on what i find on tis forum.
    edited January 2018

Issue reported to Quicken Support Today 10/25/17, reference Chat number "01213042". They indicated another user had the same issue and his support case was escalated to the development team for review. File validation and creating a new file did not fix the issue. Obviously there is a sync issue between Tools>Calendar and the Home Calendar 

Did you get confirmation from Quicken on the fact that this will not be fixed?
    edited January 2018
    QPW said:

Note this problem is because Quicken Inc decided to consolidate all bill reminders on the what use to be the Online Bills view.  In the process they removed bill reminders from all other views, not realizing that this is a negative impact to the way all those views (the calendar being one of them) are used:

A long thread on it is discussed here:
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-for-windows-2018-bill-view

According to this thread it was reported to their development team. Not sure what the big issue is again since the information we all need is already there under the tools>calendar option. From where i sit, (And i am experienced in user interface programming and other program coding) its not that hard quicken.
    edited January 2018

Had the same problem and turned back 2017 and asked for a refund until the problem handled

Was the revert possible wit the new 2018 data file?
    edited January 2018

They forecasted mid jan to solve calendar issue

Gökhan Akbal, did you get a confirmation they are going to fix this?
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited February 2018
    How can I revert back to the previous version and get my money back?
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited January 2018
    This thread is great, and I too have contacted support with minimal help.  As some have stated before; if you go to "Bills & Income"  > "Income & Transfers" > "Show Full Calendar" (located in the lower left screen under the default calendar), you can then select "Options" (located at the top right of the pop-up calendar) and select "Show bill and income reminders in calendar". This will show the running cash balance plus the bill and income reminders in the calendar, however you will still not be able to manage those reminders in the running list below the calendar.  However, if you then select "Manage Bills & Income" (located in the lower left side of the pop-up window) another pop-up window will appear of which you will have a view of all your bill reminders and any edits you make here will reflect in the calendar view (Make sure you view from the "All Bills & Deposits" tab in the new pop-up). I'm pretty bummed that they made this more difficult, however I think this work around will provide somet of the functionality that the 2017 product gave me...just more cumbersome. 
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited January 2018

This thread is great, and I too have contacted support with minimal help.  As some have stated before; if you go to "Bills & Income"  > "Income & Transfers" > "Show Full Calendar" (located in the lower left screen under the default calendar), you can then select "Options" (located at the top right of the pop-up calendar) and select "Show bill and income reminders in calendar". This will show the running cash balance plus the bill and income reminders in the calendar, however you will still not be able to manage those reminders in the running list below the calendar.  However, if you then select "Manage Bills & Income" (located in the lower left side of the pop-up window) another pop-up window will appear of which you will have a view of all your bill reminders and any edits you make here will reflect in the calendar view (Make sure you view from the "All Bills & Deposits" tab in the new pop-up). I'm pretty bummed that they made this more difficult, however I think this work around will provide somet of the functionality that the 2017 product gave me...just more cumbersome. 

Is this solution stable and can work also for home screen calender view which had been so helpfull to manage accounts in Q2017.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited January 2018
    Philip said:

-phil

It is three months later and I have the same issue being about to see everything ont he calendar is the only reason I still use this product.
    edited February 2018
    I received this email a couple of days ago from the Quicken CEO Eric Dunn, In case any of you did not receive this I have included it below. If Mr. Dunn is sincere in his communication, I would hope that we would be contacted and or the calendar issue we have outlined here would be scheduled for a fix or if not an explanation of why not so we can decide to move on or not.

I responded to the email address "[email protected]" to let Mr. Dunn know about this issue.

I’m Eric Dunn, the CEO of Quicken Inc. I wanted to reach
    out to wish you a Happy New Year and thank you for your ongoing support of
    Quicken. For those of you who have experienced our 2018 release, I hope you are
    enjoying the latest new features and enhancements including easier bill
    management, new investment features, expanded report capacity and
    customization, and new included free services that help you get more out of
    Quicken.

We’ve now been operating Quicken as a standalone company
    for almost two years. During the first 18 months since our spin-off from
    Intuit, we’ve had to spend a lot of time and energy on separating Quicken from
    Intuit technologies, culminating in the "Quicken ID" changeover last
    fall. Even while we were doing this, we were able to deliver significant
    enhancements to Quicken, including modernizing the user interface, online bill
    center and reporting enhancements in Quicken for Windows and Quicken BillPay, online
    bills, loans, and a new portfolio view and reports in Quicken for Mac.
      image image image image 

For those of you who are now Quicken Members (2018), I
    am happy to report that, with Quicken ID behind us, our teams are now able to
    focus on delivering what you’ve asked for in Quicken – robustness, performance,
    and usability improvements across the board. We also will continue to add
    functionality to Quicken for Mac. In the first 90 days since the launch of
    Quicken 2018, our members will have seen over two dozen of these refinements,
    including dramatically faster backup for Quicken for Mac, Budget detail printing
    and filtering by account and a return of the "stack view" of bills on
    Quicken for Windows, and reporting improvements across both products. And as we
    approach tax season, Quicken’s tax planner will be updated by the end of this
    month to help you assess the impact of the new tax law passed by Congress at
    the end of 2017.

In the months ahead, we will continue to deliver
    improvements and refinements in Quicken to our members, including an all-new
    mobile app and, a little later, web access to your Quicken data with similar
    functionality to the existing mobile app. In parallel, we are also continuing
    technology development work that will, starting later this year, increase the
    reliability of Quicken’s connections to banks and other financial institutions.
    And we continue to make major investments in customer care technology and staff
    so that we can best address any issues and questions that you encounter when
    working with Quicken.

In short, we are improving Quicken.

Thank you for being a loyal customer! 

edited January 2018

I received this email a couple of days ago from the Quicken CEO Eric Dunn, In case any of you did not receive this I have included it below. If Mr. Dunn is sincere in his communication, I would hope that we would be contacted and or the calendar issue we have outlined here would be scheduled for a fix or if not an explanation of why not so we can decide to move on or not.

I responded to the email address "[email protected]" to let Mr. Dunn know about this issue.

I’m Eric Dunn, the CEO of Quicken Inc. I wanted to reach
    out to wish you a Happy New Year and thank you for your ongoing support of
    Quicken. For those of you who have experienced our 2018 release, I hope you are
    enjoying the latest new features and enhancements including easier bill
    management, new investment features, expanded report capacity and
    customization, and new included free services that help you get more out of
    Quicken.

We’ve now been operating Quicken as a standalone company
    for almost two years. During the first 18 months since our spin-off from
    Intuit, we’ve had to spend a lot of time and energy on separating Quicken from
    Intuit technologies, culminating in the "Quicken ID" changeover last
    fall. Even while we were doing this, we were able to deliver significant
    enhancements to Quicken, including modernizing the user interface, online bill
    center and reporting enhancements in Quicken for Windows and Quicken BillPay, online
    bills, loans, and a new portfolio view and reports in Quicken for Mac.
      image image image image 

For those of you who are now Quicken Members (2018), I
    am happy to report that, with Quicken ID behind us, our teams are now able to
    focus on delivering what you’ve asked for in Quicken – robustness, performance,
    and usability improvements across the board. We also will continue to add
    functionality to Quicken for Mac. In the first 90 days since the launch of
    Quicken 2018, our members will have seen over two dozen of these refinements,
    including dramatically faster backup for Quicken for Mac, Budget detail printing
    and filtering by account and a return of the "stack view" of bills on
    Quicken for Windows, and reporting improvements across both products. And as we
    approach tax season, Quicken’s tax planner will be updated by the end of this
    month to help you assess the impact of the new tax law passed by Congress at
    the end of 2017.

In the months ahead, we will continue to deliver
    improvements and refinements in Quicken to our members, including an all-new
    mobile app and, a little later, web access to your Quicken data with similar
    functionality to the existing mobile app. In parallel, we are also continuing
    technology development work that will, starting later this year, increase the
    reliability of Quicken’s connections to banks and other financial institutions.
    And we continue to make major investments in customer care technology and staff
    so that we can best address any issues and questions that you encounter when
    working with Quicken.

In short, we are improving Quicken.

Thank you for being a loyal customer! 

Received this email return from the email I sent.......So much for that idea...

We know what contacting support will get us!!!

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken.

This is an unmonitored email address, which is unable to receive replies. We’re happy to help you with your questions or concerns at www.quicken.com/support.

Thank you,
    The Quicken Team
    edited February 2018
    UPDATE:

OK everyone I give up. After losing all of my account receivables and then was not able to pull any reports from last year, I finally decided this was it. Also still no update on the calendar issue which in my opinion is a very easy fix since its already at tools>calendar. 

I have done the following:
    1. Un-installed Quicken Home and Business with Rental Option.
    2. Installed my old 2017 Home and Business
    3. Opened the Home and Business with Rental Option 2018 saved data file ( even-though Quicken tells us to not do that and that it may not work properly )
    4. I verified the file under file>file operations>Validate and Repair
    Opened Quicken Home and Business and........
    • I got my calendar back on the home screen
    • My account receivables showed up on home screen and on the account receivables tab
    • I am able to now run reports from last year.
    I am not sure if this is temporary or not but am running all of my needed reports and double checking everything and keeping paper notes now. Taking screenshots to preserve the information etc. lots of added work I am not pleased about.

I have decided due to all of these Quicken issues to move to another program eventually within the next 30 days or so. After being a loyal customer for so long and not getting the support I think I deserve, even if it is "No we are not going to fix it" I think its time to move on.

Unfortunately because I have a couple of businesses, one of which is a sole proprietor which worked well with Quicken Home and Business, I will have to move to a couple of separate programs. My corporation uses Quickbooks which seems to work fine. To move from QHB I think the best solution will be Fresh books for business and either Mint or YNAB for personal. It will be a little getting used to since I will have to separate the two functions whereas QHB did both. But losing functionality and transactions is much worse. The new programs will charge a monthly fee but QHB 2018 was going that way as well.

If QHB 2017 stays stable and does not falter I may keep it reluctantly a little longer. I will definitely not update that program if at all possible.

Thank you for all of your comments and input.

I will post here in a couple of weeks to let you all know the progress and if I have any issues I will post it sooner. If you want to be updated through email feel free to contact me here:

[email address removed]   Please put "Quicken Forum" in the subject field.

Not sure if Quicken will remove this post.

Best Regards

Jos Van Hout
    edited January 2018

UPDATE:

OK everyone I give up. After losing all of my account receivables and then was not able to pull any reports from last year, I finally decided this was it. Also still no update on the calendar issue which in my opinion is a very easy fix since its already at tools>calendar. 

3. Opened the Home and Business with Rental Option 2018 saved data file ( even-though Quicken tells us to not do that and that it may not work properly )
    • My account receivables showed up on home screen and on the account receivables tab
    I am not sure if this is temporary or not but am running all of my needed reports and double checking everything and keeping paper notes now. Taking screenshots to preserve the information etc. lots of added work I am not pleased about.

I have decided due to all of these Quicken issues to move to another program eventually within the next 30 days or so. After being a loyal customer for so long and not getting the support I think I deserve, even if it is "No we are not going to fix it" I think its time to move on.

Unfortunately because I have a couple of businesses, one of which is a sole proprietor which worked well with Quicken Home and Business, I will have to move to a couple of separate programs. My corporation uses Quickbooks which seems to work fine. To move from QHB I think the best solution will be Fresh books for business and either Mint or YNAB for personal. It will be a little getting used to since I will have to separate the two functions whereas QHB did both. But losing functionality and transactions is much worse. The new programs will charge a monthly fee but QHB 2018 was going that way as well.

If QHB 2017 stays stable and does not falter I may keep it reluctantly a little longer. I will definitely not update that program if at all possible.

I will post here in a couple of weeks to let you all know the progress and if I have any issues I will post it sooner. If you want to be updated through email feel free to contact me here:

Best Regards

Jos Van Hout
    Forgot to mention that on one of my credit cards a $15,000.00 deposit showed up in Quicken. After checking the Credit Card account online with my bank, the $15,000.00 was not online or in the bank records. Not sure if it was a QHB 2018 Connection issues or not but be careful.........
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited January 2018

UPDATE:

Best Regards

Jos Van Hout
    I'm about to throw my hands up as well.. I think someone mentioned they had an ETA of the middle of January, which has surpassed.. I've been checking https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-2018-release-quicken-windows DAILY to see if there's a new update (crossing my fingers). It's sad a bug of this magnitude was not fixed in the prior update. I guess I'm holding on until Feb 1st, then I'm probably going to ditch Quicken and find some other program. Oh well...
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited February 2018

I had it with Quicken as well .  .  .  please, pretty please, if someone knows of another program, just for home use, that works, I would like to try it and keep everybody inform on it's performance. I will look for and try other programs on my own, as well.

PS.  I re-install my 2016 after a very disappointed 2018 performance.  I will not install my 2018, even  if they fix the calendar.

• UnknownUnknown Member
    edited January 2018
    Moneydance, seems to be the best alternative, for my home finances, to Quicken.
    edited February 2018
    UPDATE

I have been running 2017 Quicken Home and Business with my 2018 Home and Business with Rental option data file and no major issues.

I did have to deactivate the online banking accounts and then re-activate them to make Temp banking files go away.

Other than that, my calendar is back on home screen, No account receivables issues and no transaction entry issues.

Will report back if anything else goes wrong but for now at least i am satisfied.

Jos
This discussion has been closed.