Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

QWin 2018 HBRP: calendar does not show expenses on home calendar view

Comments

• UnknownUnknown Member
    edited June 2018
    R5.15 update is out and... still No Fix for the Calendar issue.

This is beyond frustrating at this point.  I'm a LONG time user and have so many years of data painstakingly entered into Quicken it pains me to see this lack of commitment on the new management to keep existing features working and to not even acknowledge it.  I never saw Intuit ignore problems like this.  I'm not confident the new management even cares about this issue, they're far more interested in 'new' features.  No one high enough on the "new" Quicken team must use this feature or it would of been addressed by now.  This leaves long time users without a voice.  Change is NOT always a good thing especially when it comes to tracking finances.

I need the calendar functionality or the program is nearly useless to me.  Yes, I use the popup (or is that pop-in?) calendar but lets face, it's only a matter of time before that is also broken buy some update.

I truly don't want to give up on Quicken, spent way too much time with it but this isn't an acceptable way to treat loyal customers.  And now you want us to commit to annual payments for a "subscription" model???  Please listen to your long time users and paying customers. 

How much longer can we expect to wait for even a comment from the "New" Quicken Team?  How about a commitment to fix this and other basic functionality broken or lacking in the interface?  Namely changing the size of fonts throughout the program.  Hello, do any managers or programmers there actually use the program everyday for their finances? 

Users are tired of this.  Bell and whistles are nice, but I'd rather have the base functionality back to at least what it was in previous versions. 

Fix the Calendar on the Home Tab.

- Timber Wolf
  • Philip107Philip107 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

This is beyond frustrating at this point.  I'm a LONG time user and have so many years of data painstakingly entered into Quicken it pains me to see this lack of commitment on the new management to keep existing features working and to not even acknowledge it.  I never saw Intuit ignore problems like this.  I'm not confident the new management even cares about this issue, they're far more interested in 'new' features.  No one high enough on the "new" Quicken team must use this feature or it would of been addressed by now.  This leaves long time users without a voice.  Change is NOT always a good thing especially when it comes to tracking finances.

I need the calendar functionality or the program is nearly useless to me.  Yes, I use the popup (or is that pop-in?) calendar but lets face, it's only a matter of time before that is also broken buy some update.

I truly don't want to give up on Quicken, spent way too much time with it but this isn't an acceptable way to treat loyal customers.  And now you want us to commit to annual payments for a "subscription" model???  Please listen to your long time users and paying customers. 

How much longer can we expect to wait for even a comment from the "New" Quicken Team?  How about a commitment to fix this and other basic functionality broken or lacking in the interface?  Namely changing the size of fonts throughout the program.  Hello, do any managers or programmers there actually use the program everyday for their finances? 

Users are tired of this.  Bell and whistles are nice, but I'd rather have the base functionality back to at least what it was in previous versions. 

- Timber Wolf

Dito.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited February 2018

- Timber Wolf

Totally agree and hopefully wating for the calender
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited February 2018

I had it with Quicken as well .  .  .  please, pretty please, if someone knows of another program, just for home use, that works, I would like to try it and keep everybody inform on it's performance. I will look for and try other programs on my own, as well.

PS.  I re-install my 2016 after a very disappointed 2018 performance.  I will not install my 2018, even  if they fix the calendar.

Like you I've just about had it with the "New" Quicken and it's lack of response to commitment to fixing what they broke.  

Has anyone tried given KMyMoney (https://kmymoney.org/)?  It has a Schedule, Calendar View. 

Just a thought,
    TWolf
  • Stephen FoxStephen Fox Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I just bought and installed Quicken 2018 (upgrading from 2015, due to the sunset of download capability coming soon for 2015). Release R5.15, build 27.1.5.15
    I am also seeing the same issue on Calendar. 
    The Calendar in the "Home" view does not show all upcoming expenses. 
    The different "Calendar" (accessed from icon on menu bar) does show all upcoming expenses. 
    Quicken - please fix so that the Calendar on the Home page shows all upcoming expenses. 
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited February 2018
    inouridr said:

Well GREAT!!!
    Now I can't get 2016 Premiere to re-install after uninstalling 2018.  The Setup file fails to initiate when I run.  I tried using the QCleanUI tool from Quicken, but still not working.  This may force me to use 2018 whether I want to or not.

This work around doesn't work.  Quit suggesting it.
  • Stephen FoxStephen Fox Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018

Quicken, Please get this fixed... it is a real problem for our household, This is how everyone know when bills are due. 

This only works on the "stand alone" calendar and doesn't work on the calendar in the "Home" page. 
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited February 2018
    inouridr said:

Well GREAT!!!
    Now I can't get 2016 Premiere to re-install after uninstalling 2018.  The Setup file fails to initiate when I run.  I tried using the QCleanUI tool from Quicken, but still not working.  This may force me to use 2018 whether I want to or not.

Not correct. I have the latest version and I can access the calendar and it shows all current and pending expenses as well as income. Check your settings and read the rest of the thread.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited February 2018
    inouridr said:

Well GREAT!!!

It works for now... We can only hope they don't break this work around in a future "fix/update" to Quicken. 
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited February 2018
    inouridr said:

Well GREAT!!!

does this work also on home page calender? I could not achive.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited February 2018
    inouridr said:

Well GREAT!!!

To clarify, only the “popup” calendar shows income and expenses at this time... the home page calendar still does not work properly.

And the Quicken Team’s continued silence on this broken part is deafening.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited February 2018
    New update, and still not fixed... The status of this ticket is still "in progress". Quicken, the pop-up Calendar works great, but the Calendar widget on the home screen and other tabs DO NOT show expenses. I have a different calendar on each custom Dashboard, as I need to project for specific accounts. Having to manually specify the accounts I want to project in the pop-up is very timely. I never do this, but I guess i have to in order to get attention.. PLEASE FIX ASAP
  • Philip107Philip107 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    R5.20 Build 27.1.5.20 was just released 2/11/2018.

Quicken Premier 2018

Calendar issue is still not resolved. Starting to have my doubts that it ever will be put back the way it was when it worked the way we all liked it.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited February 2018
    Confirmed.  Quicken 2018 Premier R5.20 Build 27.1.5.20 does not address the Home Page Calendar future scheduled expenses display issue.

I also sent a message to the "Help" > "Report a problem...", but not expecting much in a reply.

Quicken SHOULD at the very least admit they broke an existing feature and are committed to fixing it ASAP.  I cannot imagine why they would remain silent on this and expect customers to pay for an annual software "subscription"?

My biggest concern is that the current workaround using the popup calendar will be broken with a future "update". 

Makes me wonder what else was broken in the 2018 edition that I'm not using... 
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited February 2018

I guess .  .   .  .  it is time to find another solution!

There must be another software solution (like Money-Dance) that works better than Quicken 2018.

I will try another solution next month and let you all know (http://moneydance.com/).

• Roberta StewartRoberta Stewart Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Philip said:

I agree. I just upgraded to Premiere 2018 from 2017 and my scheduled expenses are not showing on the Home Tab Calendar but do show up on the main Calendar like they always have.

As a test I deleted a reminder that i had to transfer money from Checking to Savings. This reminder was not showing on the calendar. I created a new reminder for this transfer and now it is showing on the Home Tab Calendar. That's really strange.

Definitely a bug in there somewhere. I use the Scheduled view under the Home Tab everyday so this discrepancy was noticed immediately after upgrading.

-phil

I just upgraded. I called Quicken about this glitch. I see, now, that a patch is in progress. Meanwhile, I am using the calendar in "Tools" (or the icon, too) to access the information that I need.  This is an important feature for me to have! I will monitor this page to watch for progress on a patch!!
    edited February 2018
    inouridr said:

Purchased the 2018 Premiere Quicken to upgrade my 2016 version and I'm seeing the following issues:

1. Same issues with Home Calendar view not showing bills and therefore the daily balance forecast is completely jacked up (STUPID!!!).

2. The FULL Financial Calendar view (does show bills) is buggy.  When changing/adding a bill, the daily balance for future dates does not update fully unless you click on the date or exit and reload the calendar.

3. The Bills section has a grouping called "Due Soon" that doesn't consistently display at the top of the queue.  Sometimes it appears at the bottom under future bills that have a later due date (STUPID!!).

4. The "go to matching transfer" menu option in the registers frequently return an error the linked account no longer exists, when it DOES exist.

This is just what I found after a couple hours of exploring.  Come on Quicken!  This version is NOT ready for prime time.  You've only screwed up the Home Calendar view about 6 out of the last 8 past version releases and had to go back and fix it.  Why is your regression testing SO BAD!!!

The financial calendar is one of the MOST IMPORTANT views in your application, which is why your hardcore devoted customers like me set it on the home screen as the first thing they see when logging in.

For all of the above, I have requested a refund for 2018.  I will be going back to 2016 Premiere and gladly pay the extra $9.95 per month bill pay fee so I don't have to deal with these issues.  Quicken, you need to fix this stuff NOW!!!!

Did you go back to 2016?
    edited February 2018

Everyone, until they fix the broken link on the Home Screen for the calendar, you can do the following:

Click on the calendar icon or go to the calendar
    under the tools. Select the "options" tab and make sure "show bill and income
    reminders in calendar" is selected. This will show the running cash balance plus the
    bill and income reminders.

This is better than nothing.

I note that the legend still exists at the bottom of the Home Calendar page, which indicates to me that they did not intentionally disable the expenses. I'm hopeful, and grateful that I can still go to the calendar icon. But please, Quicken, Fix This!
    edited February 2018

A calendar view with "Income only" is totally worthless. I never seen a computer program with so many bugs in it in my life.  I can understand if a new feature does not work properly but a feature that worked properly in prior versions there is no excuse for.  I'm so sorry I "downgraded"  to the 2018 version.

Have you used the calendar icon to pop up the smaller calendar? That has it all and works for now, until they (hopefully!!) get it fixed.
    edited February 2018

How can I revert back to the previous version and get my money back?

You can always download the old version again from Quicken.com, but you will need to use a data file from before the update. That would be a real problem for me, since I have so many different accounts and transactions to view and month-old data would not be good. I will stick this out until they fix it and change to a different company, down the road, if they don't.
    edited February 2018

- Timber Wolf

Been using Quicken "forever." This is frustrating. HOWEVER, I just went to 2018 today, so I can easily switch back and get a refund.
    edited February 2018

I received this email a couple of days ago from the Quicken CEO Eric Dunn, In case any of you did not receive this I have included it below. If Mr. Dunn is sincere in his communication, I would hope that we would be contacted and or the calendar issue we have outlined here would be scheduled for a fix or if not an explanation of why not so we can decide to move on or not.

I responded to the email address "[email protected]" to let Mr. Dunn know about this issue.

I’m Eric Dunn, the CEO of Quicken Inc. I wanted to reach
    out to wish you a Happy New Year and thank you for your ongoing support of
    Quicken. For those of you who have experienced our 2018 release, I hope you are
    enjoying the latest new features and enhancements including easier bill
    management, new investment features, expanded report capacity and
    customization, and new included free services that help you get more out of
    Quicken.

We’ve now been operating Quicken as a standalone company
    for almost two years. During the first 18 months since our spin-off from
    Intuit, we’ve had to spend a lot of time and energy on separating Quicken from
    Intuit technologies, culminating in the "Quicken ID" changeover last
    fall. Even while we were doing this, we were able to deliver significant
    enhancements to Quicken, including modernizing the user interface, online bill
    center and reporting enhancements in Quicken for Windows and Quicken BillPay, online
    bills, loans, and a new portfolio view and reports in Quicken for Mac.
      image image image image 

For those of you who are now Quicken Members (2018), I
    am happy to report that, with Quicken ID behind us, our teams are now able to
    focus on delivering what you’ve asked for in Quicken – robustness, performance,
    and usability improvements across the board. We also will continue to add
    functionality to Quicken for Mac. In the first 90 days since the launch of
    Quicken 2018, our members will have seen over two dozen of these refinements,
    including dramatically faster backup for Quicken for Mac, Budget detail printing
    and filtering by account and a return of the "stack view" of bills on
    Quicken for Windows, and reporting improvements across both products. And as we
    approach tax season, Quicken’s tax planner will be updated by the end of this
    month to help you assess the impact of the new tax law passed by Congress at
    the end of 2017.

In the months ahead, we will continue to deliver
    improvements and refinements in Quicken to our members, including an all-new
    mobile app and, a little later, web access to your Quicken data with similar
    functionality to the existing mobile app. In parallel, we are also continuing
    technology development work that will, starting later this year, increase the
    reliability of Quicken’s connections to banks and other financial institutions.
    And we continue to make major investments in customer care technology and staff
    so that we can best address any issues and questions that you encounter when
    working with Quicken.

In short, we are improving Quicken.

Thank you for being a loyal customer! 

I found "About us" on a google search. From that, I was able to submit a comment to Eric Dunn. Go to the link I am including below, or else to https://www.quicken.com/about-us/team

"Team Quicken --  Do you have a question, concern or feedback about a Quicken product or service?Send an email to the Office of the President and we'll respond quickly and make sure it gets to the correct leader."
    edited February 2018
    I found "About us" on a google search. From that, I was able to submit a comment to Eric Dunn. Go to the link I am including below, or else to https://www.quicken.com/about-us/team

"Team Quicken --  Do you have a question, concern or feedback about a Quicken product or service?Send an email to the Office of the President and we'll respond quickly and make sure it gets to the correct leader."
    edited February 2018

I guess .  .   .  .  it is time to find another solution!

There must be another software solution (like Money-Dance) that works better than Quicken 2018.

I will try another solution next month and let you all know (http://moneydance.com/).

I found "About us" on a google search. From that, I was able to submit a comment to Eric Dunn. Go to the link I am including below, or else to https://www.quicken.com/about-us/team

edited February 2018

Confirmed.  Quicken 2018 Premier R5.20 Build 27.1.5.20 does not address the Home Page Calendar future scheduled expenses display issue.

I also sent a message to the "Help" > "Report a problem...", but not expecting much in a reply.

Quicken SHOULD at the very least admit they broke an existing feature and are committed to fixing it ASAP.  I cannot imagine why they would remain silent on this and expect customers to pay for an annual software "subscription"?

My biggest concern is that the current workaround using the popup calendar will be broken with a future "update". 

Makes me wonder what else was broken in the 2018 edition that I'm not using... 

edited February 2018
    Philip said:

R5.20 Build 27.1.5.20 was just released 2/11/2018.

Quicken Premier 2018

Calendar issue is still not resolved. Starting to have my doubts that it ever will be put back the way it was when it worked the way we all liked it.

edited February 2018

New update, and still not fixed... The status of this ticket is still "in progress". Quicken, the pop-up Calendar works great, but the Calendar widget on the home screen and other tabs DO NOT show expenses. I have a different calendar on each custom Dashboard, as I need to project for specific accounts. Having to manually specify the accounts I want to project in the pop-up is very timely. I never do this, but I guess i have to in order to get attention.. PLEASE FIX ASAP

edited February 2018

I just bought and installed Quicken 2018 (upgrading from 2015, due to the sunset of download capability coming soon for 2015). Release R5.15, build 27.1.5.15
    I am also seeing the same issue on Calendar. 
    The Calendar in the "Home" view does not show all upcoming expenses. 
    The different "Calendar" (accessed from icon on menu bar) does show all upcoming expenses. 
    Quicken - please fix so that the Calendar on the Home page shows all upcoming expenses. 

edited February 2018

- Timber Wolf

• UnknownUnknown Member
    edited February 2018

knock it off... just learn how to use the software and get over changes!
This discussion has been closed.