edit bills in mac 2018

How do I edit a bill in Quicken 2018. It won't let me change what account the money comes from.

Help.

Thanks in advance.

Don

Comments

• John HardingJohn Harding Member
    edited October 2017
    Same issue here. Also can't add new bill. Get to screen where have all filled in but Next is greyed out.
  • jive turkeyjive turkey Member
    edited October 2017
    You can drag & drop it from the actual account it is now in, and into the new account you wish to use. You might have to change the current account's settings so that scheduled transactions appear, then you can drag it over to whichever account you wish it to be under. A popup should come up asking if you want to move just that transaction or the whole series. 
  • Don NaegeleDon Naegele Member
    edited October 2017
    Doesn't work for me.
    edited October 2017
    After 49 minutes on phone support the agent told me this feature has been moved to the Deluxe version only. You have to delete the bill and create a new one. No more editing where the bill is paid from.

Crap!
  • JLJL Member
    edited November 2017
    I'm using Quicken Deluxe 2018 on a Mac and I can't edit details on an existing bill either.  All I wanted to do was tweak the amount of a bill and apparently there's no provision to do so in this version.  I sure hope this gets fixed in a future update.
    edited October 2017
    JL said:

I'm using Quicken Deluxe 2018 on a Mac and I can't edit details on an existing bill either.  All I wanted to do was tweak the amount of a bill and apparently there's no provision to do so in this version.  I sure hope this gets fixed in a future update.

The only way to change the amount is to create a brand new bill and delete the old one. This is basic stuff quicken. Fix it.
  • DLHDLH Member
    edited November 2017
    JL said:

Just chiming in with my 'two cents worth' regarding this situation.  I don't know why this very basic functionality would be removed.  I didn't have this issue in my 2016 version of Quicken.  Sure wishing at the moment I hadn't upgraded.
    edited November 2017
    I wish I hadn't upgraded either.

I discovered you can't change a bill amount either. You have to create an entire new bill.

This is bullcrap.

Don
  • ProGolferProGolfer Unconfirmed
    edited November 2017

I wish I hadn't upgraded either.

I discovered you can't change a bill amount either. You have to create an entire new bill.

This is bullcrap.

Don

Yes, because our utility bills and credit card payments always remain exactly the same???

Duh...no they don't. 
    edited November 2017
    Who in the big meetings decided to remove that feature?

Ugh.

Don
  • revmatt70revmatt70 Member
    edited December 2017
    If you select "Projected balances," Quicken 2018 will give you a list of your scheduled bills.  Click on the bill you desire to change and then click edit at the bottom.  This way you can edit any part of the scheduled bill.
  • JLJL Member
    edited November 2017
    revmatt70 said:

If you select "Projected balances," Quicken 2018 will give you a list of your scheduled bills.  Click on the bill you desire to change and then click edit at the bottom.  This way you can edit any part of the scheduled bill.

THANK YOU revmatt70!!!
  • revmatt70revmatt70 Member
    edited November 2017
    revmatt70 said:

You're welcome!
  • DLHDLH Member
    edited November 2017
    revmatt70 said:

Where do you find "Projected balances"?  I've searched in Quicken Mac 2018 and am not finding it.
    edited November 2017
    revmatt70 said:

OMG Thanks. It works! Why did Quicken support not know the answer. UGH.
  • edited November 2017
    revmatt70 said:

@DLH: It's in the Bills & Income tab at the top of screen
  • troy072troy072 Member
    edited November 2017
    revmatt70 said:

Ok that works, but really, quicken, lets get an "edit amount" option in the "circle with the three dots" pop up menu. This shouldn't be too difficult 
  • Julie IJulie I Member
    edited December 2017
    revmatt70 said:

Thanks! I tried for 30 minutes to figure this out on my own. It never used to be this difficult.