mondo pactch 2018

Richard SturgeonRichard Sturgeon Member ✭✭
If you search they show a Mondo Patch for Quicken 2018 but if you click on the link it says no file found???????

Comments

• miklkmiklk SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    They are aware and working on repairing the link. Try again later
  • EdEd Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Hello Richard,

I too am seeing the same behavior when visiting the article and trying to download the patches. I've alerted the web team of the issue so that they can get those links fixed. 
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Hi @ Richard Sturgeon ,

Quicken 2018 is too new for Quicken to put out a Mondo Patch.

If something isn't working now, you need to simply uninstall, restart  and reinstall 2018.

I have not written the procedure for Quicken 2018, yet.
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    They have a typo in the links:

Try this one: https://assistant.quicken.com/patch/QW27.1.2.20MPatch.EXE

What they have on the webpage is missing the ".2" part of the file name.

BTW, this is at least the second set of patches released for the 2018 release of Quicken.  The other one that I know of was for 27.1.2.12
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW 2015, 2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Arctic Hare (H&B 2019 Canadian)Arctic Hare (H&B 2019 Canadian) SuperUser ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    @Richard: You've commented on a number of threads. You are the OP on this thread. IF you are still experiencing a technical problem, please detail your problem here and also indicate what you have done to try to resolve your problem. You are more likely to get support and a solution if you post all of your updates in one place. 
  • Richard SturgeonRichard Sturgeon Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I have attempted to follow all the suggestion one is to log in with a different id but it seems when i activated Q 2018 it was attached to the id that is used.
    I am getting CC501 errors on everything Chase, Great Southern bank, Discover, Walmart, Home Depot which i have deactivated and reactivated, Care Credit, Amazon.
  • Arctic Hare (H&B 2019 Canadian)Arctic Hare (H&B 2019 Canadian) SuperUser ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017

I have attempted to follow all the suggestion one is to log in with a different id but it seems when i activated Q 2018 it was attached to the id that is used.
    I am getting CC501 errors on everything Chase, Great Southern bank, Discover, Walmart, Home Depot which i have deactivated and reactivated, Care Credit, Amazon.

Use that command, but login as the same user!
  • EdEd Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    The manual patch links on the knowledge base article have been repaired and you should no longer the the "No File found error"

Update and Mondo Patch: 2018 Release of Quicken for Windows:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-2018-release-quicken-windows
  • DarnedifinoDarnedifino Member
    edited October 2018
    I thought the one of the "advantages" of the subscription model of 2018 was that updates, patches, etc. would require any action on the part of the user. I discovered and downloaded this patch by accident and downloaded it, hoping it would fix my problems with Billpayer. No such luck. 
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017

I thought the one of the "advantages" of the subscription model of 2018 was that updates, patches, etc. would require any action on the part of the user. I discovered and downloaded this patch by accident and downloaded it, hoping it would fix my problems with Billpayer. No such luck. 

Well I think they sort of stated that "advantage" a bit wrong.
    At least so far the idea isn't that they have changed how patches are released.
    But instead that they will now be "continuous".

As in say in the past you bought Quicken, well by about April of the next year they were pretty much done putting in anything new with the exception of something that "just had to be fixed", like the change over from Intuit Id to Quicken Id.

If you wanted any new features or bug fixes for the most part you needed to buy a new version of Quicken.

With the subscription model they just keep releasing updates as they are available.

Now on the system for sending out patches and the requirement for getting the Mondo patch install.  Quicken has always had a system that checks for new patches and asks you if you want to install them.  It should check every few days at start up, and if rung One Step Update at that time too.  Or if you select Help -> Check for Updates.

Why some people aren't getting these updates I'm not sure.  Maybe because they have yet to be released to the general public.  The releasing of an update is now going through a "staged release" process.  This is where they allow X amount of people to get the automatic update, and then they stop, and wait to see if there are any problems.  If not they open it to everyone.  But since at times people had problems with having the staged release on one machine, but not another they are also putting these staged release out on the website for those that want to install them.

Also note that the installing of updates that is triggered at the start of Quicken doesn't ask if you want to install (the one for One Step Update does).  And if you don't have your Windows User Account Control settings set to prompt you when an install program wants to change something on your system, it will install without "permission".  This angers a lot of people.

I'm not sure what their policy is on ask the user, because they do it differently depending on what triggers the install.

So if they are really pushing towards "silent installs" I think a lot of people will not really think that is an "advantage".