Quicken 2017 R2 (Build 26.1.2.7) I've checked for updates - says latest is installed - but still ge

Quicken 2017 R2 (Build 26.1.2.7) 
I've checked for updates - says latest is installed - but still get the mandatory update notice on the enter password window - update now button is unresponsive - only way to clear windows is click skip - unexpected error occurs and Quicken crashes

Comments

• SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 10 
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Sherlock said:
    And, be sure to download/install the MONDO, not Manual patch.

BTW, you're 13 releases behind.  For QW2017, R 15.1 is current.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Mike RogersMike Rogers Member
    edited October 2018
    Thanks!  Updated using the MONDO patch and now works.  Don't know why the update function only applied point patches and not releases.  Didn't know I needed to download and manually apply releases.
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017

Thanks!  Updated using the MONDO patch and now works.  Don't know why the update function only applied point patches and not releases.  Didn't know I needed to download and manually apply releases.

"point patches", in QW2017 and before, ARE "releases". Each updates you to a newer release level of your current Q product ... and includes all prior releases.

But your "latest is installed" message indicated that you had other problems in your Q install ... which the Mondo fixed.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP