Quicken 2018-Issues

Installed Q 2018 today. Not a happy camper. 1) Fonts are blurry. 2) To continue to use Quicken BillPay, you have to close your current account and establish a new one. Nothing transfers.  Lost all payee data and have to start from scratch. 3) Instructions for doing all this could only be found in the bill payer FAQ.  I followed them and set up a payment account and one urgent payee and then encountered another problem: 4) I can't connect with the new Billpayer account. Keep getting message that "it's not your fauit" and try again later. After two hours, still trying. I really thought 2018 was going to be an improvement. So far, very disappointed.

Comments

• edited December 2017
    I understand that it's painful to migrate to new bill pay instance. Unfortunately our service provider did not have an easy way to migrate between both these instances. We are aware of an issue where users used to get 'Not your fault' error, intermittently. Our service provider is working on providing a fix for the same. Meanwhile, can you please share the OFX log with us? You can get it from Help -> Log files. You can email it to me at [email protected] 
  • DarnedifinoDarnedifino Member
    edited January 2018
    Emailed from my personal email account to (redacted) as requested.
    edited November 2017
    BTW, Sangeetha, the problem does not appear to be intermittent, but on-going. Furthermore, the small deposits that are supposed to be made to validate my payment account have not been made despite three days having elapsed.
    edited January 2018
    More frustration. Tried to contact support using the online system. The support page said 6 minute wait. An hour later, I'm still waiting. I;ve used Quicken since the 5 1/2 floppy version and have never had problems like these.
  • GregLeimeisterGregLeimeister Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Sounds don't play in Quicken 2018
  • Bob PetersBob Peters Member
    edited November 2017

More frustration. Tried to contact support using the online system. The support page said 6 minute wait. An hour later, I'm still waiting. I;ve used Quicken since the 5 1/2 floppy version and have never had problems like these.

Me too.  I had Support help me with one issue and then they hung up on me when starting the 2nd issue and never called back.  My wait was 45 minutes, though...
  • Steve ColemanSteve Coleman Member
    edited November 2017
    Any time savings I may have found using Quicken Bill Pay have been lost in my futile attempt to make it work. I regret "upgrading" from 2017 to 2018. I'm beyond disappointed in this new release.

I "upgraded" only for the free Bill Pay service in Premier. I see why it's free. It doesn't work. I'm about to do something I've never done before; get my money back from Quicken and roll back to Quicken 2017.

I highly recommend that Quicken 2017 Premier users NOT upgrade to Quicken Premier 2018 at this time. It's just not worth the effort.
  • DougDoug Member
    edited November 2017

I just upgraded to Premier 2018 and I'm disappointed with them taking away the stack view in bills and payments. They've separated the income view from the bill view and have a stack view only in the income.  Useless.  I called support as others thinking only 6 minutes wait. Waited 45 before speaking with an man whose first language is not English.  After much difficulty understanding him and relating my issue he said that updates would be coming maybe in a month or so.  I regret upgrading.

edited November 2017
    You’re lucky that you got thru to Support. I was told there would be a 29 min wait. I waited over an hour and never got thru.
  • Steve ColemanSteve Coleman Member
    edited May 2018
    I feel like a beta tester. Quicken 2018 is just a mess in my opinion. I hope Quicken gets it sorted out in some not too distant program updates. Some of the images (online center for example) from Quicken 2017 haven't even been updated to reflect that I'm using Quicken 2018.
  • DougDoug Member
    edited May 2018

Here are more issues with the 2018 Quicken.  When you download your accounts and try to accept them individually it drops out the date and tells you it's not a valid date. You put the date back in and it drops out again.  You have to accept all the transactions first then go back to each one and modify the category as needed.  Another issue.  Downloaded stock transactions and the same thing happened with accepting them and they were double downloaded.  I mean really.  Do any of the people who design this program actually use it? It looks to me like they do not.  We need a huge fix and we need it now!!!

• DaveDave Member
    edited November 2017
    Doug said:

I just upgraded to Premier 2018 and I'm disappointed with them taking away the stack view in bills and payments. They've separated the income view from the bill view and have a stack view only in the income.  Useless.  I called support as others thinking only 6 minutes wait. Waited 45 before speaking with an man whose first language is not English.  After much difficulty understanding him and relating my issue he said that updates would be coming maybe in a month or so.  I regret upgrading.

Have to agree, this update is useless at this point, quicken used to be an easy way to do things, but this update is not making bill paying easier, as a matter of fact, I am back to disliking paying bills
  • Clark MClark M Member
    edited November 2017
    I had a good support experience with Quicken 2017 9 months ago.  I was hoping the improved support would continue.  The support tech, solved some issues that had been hanging around.  After resolution, the support tech asked what I would suggest for new features.  My response was my first request is to make Quicken stable.  My second request is to make Quicken stable and my third request is to make Quicken stable.

There are new features that I would like such as returning the loan functions from the 2012 and earlier Quicken.  Quicken 2017 will connect to my bank's auto loan account once, then I need to disconnect and reconnect to get it to download again.  (That is an issue remaining from 9 months ago.)  Quicken 2012 had a normal register for loans so that it was flexible in tracking principal and interest.  It also had an amortization function that worked.  I think the idea of the new loan function is to make it easier, but it only causes me to bang my head in frustration.

Aside from making Quicken more stable, I would prefer if Quicken would not remove perfectly good functionality and replace it with half-baked features.

After making Quicken stable and stopping removing features, only then would I like to see new features such as support for customized investment asset classes, etc.
  • Clark MClark M Member
    edited November 2017
    Clark M said:

I had a good support experience with Quicken 2017 9 months ago.  I was hoping the improved support would continue.  The support tech, solved some issues that had been hanging around.  After resolution, the support tech asked what I would suggest for new features.  My response was my first request is to make Quicken stable.  My second request is to make Quicken stable and my third request is to make Quicken stable.

There are new features that I would like such as returning the loan functions from the 2012 and earlier Quicken.  Quicken 2017 will connect to my bank's auto loan account once, then I need to disconnect and reconnect to get it to download again.  (That is an issue remaining from 9 months ago.)  Quicken 2012 had a normal register for loans so that it was flexible in tracking principal and interest.  It also had an amortization function that worked.  I think the idea of the new loan function is to make it easier, but it only causes me to bang my head in frustration.

Aside from making Quicken more stable, I would prefer if Quicken would not remove perfectly good functionality and replace it with half-baked features.

After making Quicken stable and stopping removing features, only then would I like to see new features such as support for customized investment asset classes, etc.

Quicken 2012 could also support loans that you make to others.  This was removed with the new loan function.  Quicken was going to add back the ability to make loans, but I believe that this removed capability was never restored.  

Quicken users need software that is more sophisticated than Mint.  In trying to make Quicken easier to use, needed functionality is being removed which makes Quicken harder to use.
    edited November 2017
    The only reason why I upgraded to 2018 was due to the fact that Quicken was no longer owned by Intuit. I thought perhaps I should get on board with the new company. I'm not sure if I made the wise move.

Their Support service is horrible. I was told I would be helped in 29 mins. I was on hold for over an hour and never was connected.

i do not like that when you do back ups you have to do eah location separately. Also I don't like how it automatically exits the program after it's done. It used to ask you if you wanted to stay on Quicken or exit.
  • edited January 2018

I understand that it's painful to migrate to new bill pay instance. Unfortunately our service provider did not have an easy way to migrate between both these instances. We are aware of an issue where users used to get 'Not your fault' error, intermittently. Our service provider is working on providing a fix for the same. Meanwhile, can you please share the OFX log with us? You can get it from Help -> Log files. You can email it to me at [email protected]ken.com 

Sangeetha, I also have problems now with Quicken Deluxe 2018 ver: R2.3 build 27.1.2.20 on Windows10 (which I hate) QW keeps crashing... even when I'm not doing anything or just scrolling up the register... HELP!
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    yeah - this is not looking good going forward with the new and separate Quicken -
    Currently running Q2015 R15.1 - and will wait for my usual sunset and then upgrade to Q2018
    Quicken 2019 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • Quicken KathrynQuicken Kathryn Administrator ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Closing this thread, as it's becoming off-topic.
    Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator
This discussion has been closed.