Add ability to customize the asset class menu (37 Legacy Votes)

Options
124»

Comments

• Stephen Fisher
    Stephen Fisher Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Chris_QPW said:
    I don't understand why this issue isn't a priority. They add useless features no one needs.
    I have yet to see any of Quicken Mac features added that "useless".  They all seem to be "vital" to one person or another.  You just expect that your priorities should override everyone else's.
    I disagree. For example they make a big deal out of a green button added  to remove filters when there was already an x in the entry field to do the same job.  Meanwhile, they sell a “Canadian” version that does not allow us to calculate our capital gains according to Canadian law. For us that is not a priority, it is an error. And there are other actual errors that they do not address in all versions. 
  • DFRI
    DFRI Member ✭✭
    Options
    Or a user-customizable notes field that we can put what we want in.
  • Darran_AUS
    Darran_AUS Member ✭✭
    Options
    Definitely need ability to add own custom asset classes. The current 7 options do not allow enough distinction between asset exposure, especially considering many investments are held across multiple assets (listed property, unlisted property, ethical investments, etc etc).
  • Mike805
    Mike805 Member ✭✭
    Options

I agree, we've been asking for this for years!!!!!

• annarbor6
    annarbor6 Member
    Options

Appreciate that custom asset classes are now available for PC users… but please don't forget about this request for the mac version. Would be really helpful

• vahe guzelimian
    vahe guzelimian Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I’ve been asking for this feature for years. I don’t know why they’re dragging their feet on this. It’s a very important feature for people who do asset allocation. A programmer could probably make this happen in one evening.

• Stephen Fisher
    Stephen Fisher Member ✭✭✭
    Options

"now"

Not just now. It has been in Windows forever. This omission in Mac has been an irritant for so long.

• Mike805
    Mike805 Member ✭✭
    Options

I agree. We've been asking for this capability for along time. I'm forced to use Quicken 2007 to track my allocation and return. How about getting this added now!!

• Darran_AUS
    Darran_AUS Member ✭✭
    Options

Why can we not create our own custom asset classes to allow us to better manage and align our investment portfolios with our respective fund managers.

Happy to allow for a default set to be available if users only want basic standard classes, but increasingly number of variable classes now being made available it would be easier to allow users to define their own as needed.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Darran_AUS,

Your idea has been merged into this already active Idea thread regarding the same request.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

The status of this Idea has been changed to Planned as it has been accepted by our Product and Development team for future implementation. However, Quicken's product development teams do not provide an estimate of when new/enhanced features will be completed and released.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Tim Mc
    Tim Mc Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you, Anja, for the update! We look forward to the Quicken update with improved asset allocation features.

• Mike805
    Mike805 Member ✭✭
    Options

Yea. Maybe now I'll soon? be able to retire Quicken 2007 and the computer I'm running it on.