Barclays Credit Cards

Barclay Credit Card data will not download

Comments

• GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27
    Barclays CC works for me.  Have you gone to the account register and run Update Now?  That can clear up issues.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1903
  • Larry MartinLarry Martin Member
    edited November 2017
    It checks for software and account updates before I can even navigate around so yes.
    edited January 27
    I've had sporadic issues with Barclays in the past.  Have you gone to their website and seen any security prompts to verify your PC?  How long have you had this issue?  I've experienced several days of inability to download and then it clears itself up.  You could also try resetting the account by going to Accounts, select Edit and then Online Services>Reset Account.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1903
    edited November 2017
    No I get no warnings from them at all. I have their app and their website works fine. That is where I have to go to manually download the transactions and then import to quicken. I have reset the online services. It goes to Express Web Connect which never works. Every one of my credit cards and checking accounts are Direct Connect and they work fine. This isnt Barclay's issue. It's Quicken and with all the people complaining to them about the issue, they need to fix it. Its not just Barclay. It is every company that comes up with a Express Web Connect connection. 
  • jorhettjorhett Member
    edited November 2017
    I am having the same problem. Resetting the details seems to fix it, then a week later it stops working again. It's been a constant nuisance for the last 3 months.
    edited November 2017
    I will say I have worked with 2 agents this week for probably a total of 6 hours. We have come to the conclusion that since, for me at least, Quicken connects to Barclay via Express Web connect and all my other cards and accounts connect via Direct Connect, there can not be mixed connection types. I created a new quicken data file with ONLY Barclays and it works fine. So Express Web Connect isnt the problem. Quicken will not allow mixed connection types. The agent took that information to the development team. We will see if anything happens with it. 
  • jorhettjorhett Member
    edited November 2017

I will say I have worked with 2 agents this week for probably a total of 6 hours. We have come to the conclusion that since, for me at least, Quicken connects to Barclay via Express Web connect and all my other cards and accounts connect via Direct Connect, there can not be mixed connection types. I created a new quicken data file with ONLY Barclays and it works fine. So Express Web Connect isnt the problem. Quicken will not allow mixed connection types. The agent took that information to the development team. We will see if anything happens with it. 

I've had mixed connection types for 10+ years, and Barclay's has only been unreliable for the past 6 months. I suspect the problem is a little more subtle than that: e.g. some weird combination of data sets, doing one right after the other, how it does parallel...
    edited November 2017

Do you have to reset and setup just once to make it work? Every time I have done it, never fixed the problem. I have had the card since March and I open Quicken once a week and it never has downloaded a thing. 
  • jorhettjorhett Member
    edited November 2017

It's intermittent. Usually just waiting a few days solves it. When it has been going on for 2 weeks or more, I give up and disable the online setup, then re-enable it. Usually this works fine, but twice now I've had to deal with 2 months of non-matching duplicate transactions. Hours of my life I'll never get back.
    edited November 2017

I just download a week's worth each time
  • TreveTreve Member
    edited January 2018
    I just tried to set up a Barclay card on Quicken 2018 PC version.  After many attempts called Barclay.  Their response: we no longer support Quicken or any other third party software access.  We only provide the CSV download.

Is this true?  Is there a way to download Barclay CC info?
    edited January 2018
    No credit card company supports Quicken. All of them other than Barclay work with it tho. As least that's the way it appears to me. If you call AMEX or CITI or CHASE. They cant help you with a quicken issue. It's not their issue.
    edited January 27
    Treve, what is the Q error message you receive?  "Barclays Bank Delaware" is Express Web Connect only and should be able to setup/connect.
    edited January 2018
    No errors at all. Quicken logs into the Barclay account and everything. Just nothing ever downloads. I have been on the phone with quicken at least 4 times and they cant fix it. Wont say what it is either. Their only suggestion is to start over again with a new quicken file. I wont accept that because I will lose all my history from the 6 other accounts that work. I just manually download data from Barclay and import it. That always works. 
    edited January 27
    Sounds from your description that this has been going on for some time.  Since you haven't received any errors, the account setup with Barclay seems to have authenticated correctly.  Have you tried to deactivate/reactivate the account?
    edited January 2018
    Yes I have. Even deleted the account and started over. It is less than a year old so I can still import everything. I cant do that with all my other accounts. 
    edited January 27
    Barclays is web connect only, so the bank interface is not as reliable as direct connect.  Do you have more than one CC account with Barclay?
    edited January 2018
    No I dont and I have told Quicken that Web Connect is the issue but they refuse to believe that. It is the only account i have that uses that. Here is the thing. If you create a new file and make Barclays your ONLY account, things download just fine. So its not really Web Connect. In that same new file, if you add another account that uses Direct Connect, it stops downloading for Barclay. Quicken still refuses to admit that the 2 dont work together. That is the issue but Quicken will not fix it.
    edited January 27
    Larry, "Quicken still refuses to admit that the 2 dont work together. That is the issue but Quicken will not fix it." is not correct.  I have multiple bank accounts and multiple credit card accounts (a mix of direct and web connect) and one of those accounts is Barclays.  They all download OK.  The issue is not with Q, but somehow with the installation of Q on your PC.  Do you have any way to install Q on a different PC?  If not, there is a uninstall utility that removes all traces of Q (not your data) that may clear this up. 
  • TreveTreve Member
    edited January 2018
    I talked with Barclay yesterday.  They said they do not support Quicken and only provide csv data.  What am I missing.  Can I use web connect to grab csv data?
  • TreveTreve Member
    edited January 2018
    Well at least I figured out what I was doing.  Yes, I can go to the Barclay site and choose Quicken format for the download. (not limited to CSV) And, to confirm, per Barclay, there is a fix coming early 2018.  See below.

I want to use a third-party app/financial aggregator to access my account data, but they are not able to access my account – What should I do?

The policy is not to prevent or exclude any third-party apps or aggregators from accessing cardmember data on behalf of cardmembers. Due to increasing threats of fraud on financial websites and mobile apps, and in order to protect cardmember data, we no longer allow non-java script enabled browsers access to our site. In addition, we now require a one-time passcode security step when our customers log in from an unknown device or IP address.
    We have proactively reached out to third party apps and aggregators to inform them of the security modifications required for access to the Barclays site. Some have been able to make the necessary changes to accommodate our security enhancements. Others have not been able to accommodate these security modifications, and as a result their access will be blocked unless the customer re-authenticates.

In early 2018, we will roll out a new process utilizing the latest standards that will allow us to maintain a high level of security while providing access to third party apps and aggregators, allowing them to be onboarded and enabled. We hope these enhancements will alleviate this inconvenience for our cardmembers in the future.
    In the meantime, you can always download your statement data from your account and import that data to your third party app. Download options include:
    - Excel® Versions 2003 and above
    - Quicken® Versions 10 and above
    - Quickbooks® Versions 10 and above
    edited January 2018
    GeoffG said:

Larry, "Quicken still refuses to admit that the 2 dont work together. That is the issue but Quicken will not fix it." is not correct.  I have multiple bank accounts and multiple credit card accounts (a mix of direct and web connect) and one of those accounts is Barclays.  They all download OK.  The issue is not with Q, but somehow with the installation of Q on your PC.  Do you have any way to install Q on a different PC?  If not, there is a uninstall utility that removes all traces of Q (not your data) that may clear this up. 

How much does Q pay you to prop them up?
    edited January 2018
    GeoffG said:

Larry - Get lost.  I'm posting here to help a Q user that is having issues that I may be able to assist with.  Your smart **** comment is neither needed nor welcome.  If you do not have anything to add...
    edited January 27
    You should not need to go to Barclays to download transactions, this can/should be done within Q.  I had two thoughts: are you using two factor authentication w/Barclays?  I don't use it so that could be an issue if you do.  I remember a while back needing to authorize ( I thought it was Barclays) to "allow" Quicken to access their data.  I'm still trying to find this on their site.
    I see where they cover downloading into Q, BUT you "should" not need to go to the site as I mentioned.
    edited January 2018
    GeoffG said:

What a mature response. I have this issue also. And so far you just keep asking me things I have already done with my 4 2 hour+ calls to quicken. So again no help. BTW I started this question. So guess what? Well I will let you see.
    edited January 2018
    Treve said:

Well at least I figured out what I was doing.  Yes, I can go to the Barclay site and choose Quicken format for the download. (not limited to CSV) And, to confirm, per Barclay, there is a fix coming early 2018.  See below.

I want to use a third-party app/financial aggregator to access my account data, but they are not able to access my account – What should I do?

The policy is not to prevent or exclude any third-party apps or aggregators from accessing cardmember data on behalf of cardmembers. Due to increasing threats of fraud on financial websites and mobile apps, and in order to protect cardmember data, we no longer allow non-java script enabled browsers access to our site. In addition, we now require a one-time passcode security step when our customers log in from an unknown device or IP address.
    We have proactively reached out to third party apps and aggregators to inform them of the security modifications required for access to the Barclays site. Some have been able to make the necessary changes to accommodate our security enhancements. Others have not been able to accommodate these security modifications, and as a result their access will be blocked unless the customer re-authenticates.

In early 2018, we will roll out a new process utilizing the latest standards that will allow us to maintain a high level of security while providing access to third party apps and aggregators, allowing them to be onboarded and enabled. We hope these enhancements will alleviate this inconvenience for our cardmembers in the future.
    In the meantime, you can always download your statement data from your account and import that data to your third party app. Download options include:
    - Excel® Versions 2003 and above
    - Quicken® Versions 10 and above
    - Quickbooks® Versions 10 and above

This sounds like something Quicken should be telling everyone with this problem. Not that it's the users fault.
    edited January 2018
    GeoffG said:

"How much does Q pay you to prop them up?"  In case you haven't figured it out, I don't get payed by Q.  I'll let you muddle along on your own.  Quicken downloads just fine for me and countless other users.  I pointed out some thing you could try to sort out only to see your response. 
    edited January 2018
    GeoffG said:

The post by Treve is obviously the cause and he mentioned to future fix. You dont care about that. 
  • Karin GatesKarin Gates Member
    edited November 2018
    I have been having the same issue with Barclays, too, for at least 6 months now. Exact same problem. It will work for a week and then mysteriously stop working. I wait a few days but that never works for me. I always have to either reset the account, or when that doesn't work, then I have to deactivate and then reactivate the account. It is a major problem and time-waster. I am even considering changing my primary credit card because of this ongoing issue.
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

I have been having the same issue with Barclays, too, for at least 6 months now. Exact same problem. It will work for a week and then mysteriously stop working. I wait a few days but that never works for me. I always have to either reset the account, or when that doesn't work, then I have to deactivate and then reactivate the account. It is a major problem and time-waster. I am even considering changing my primary credit card because of this ongoing issue.

Karin, see this: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/barclay-bank-delaware-returns-cc-502-error?topic...

Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
This discussion has been closed.