Funding account approval in Metavante

I upgraded to Quicken 2018 Business and Rental Version R2.3 last week. I am trying to get onto the new Metavante Quicken Billpay. Twelve days ago, Oct 21, I submitted all the information Metavante asked for including bank name (USAA), routing number and account number. I have yet to receive the two deposits totaling less than $1.00 in my account. I have not received any information from Metavante. Apparently communicating with Metavante is impossible. When I go into the Quicken Billpay website and try to send a message, I get a banner stating I need to "Select a Reason" for the message and there are no categories to select from on the drop down menu. Then if I try to send a message anyway, it gets rejected for not selecting a reason. I find no Metavante phone number to call. I thought perhaps I had entered some information about my bank wrong. But I see no way to check the bank data, or edit the bank data, or delete the bank (it is the "primary" account and I cannot delete the "primary" account even if I cannot use it.) Also, I see no way to cancel this Billpay account and try to start over.
I even went so far as to adding a secondary account in Quicken Billpay about five days ago (US Eagle FCU). It also has yet to be verified.
Meanwhile, the old bill pay system I was using with Quicken 2017 has been taken off my update menu in Quicken 2018 and so for the last 10 days I have had no way to pay my bills in the Quicken program. To say I am upset is to put it very very mildly.
Before I cancel my order to Quicken for 2018 and demand a refund (which I am seriously considering) I need to know if anyone else has had this problem and if so, what is the resolution...or is there one? If there is no resolution, can I still use my files with Quicken 2017?

Comments

• edited November 2018
    I have had a similar problem. I upgraded to Q2018, which required me to enroll in a new 2018 Quicken account, for which I had to re-establish my bank account with Quicken.  I did this on 10/29.  No micro transactions have appeared in the account after a week.  Today I received an email from "Bill Pay Research" asking me to send them copies of 1) Social security card; 2) drivers license; 3) Current utility bill; and 4) Copy of a voided check.  I believe this is a phishing expedition and will not send them this.  As soon as I can get through to support, I am cancelling this service after almost 20 years.  This is ridiculous!
  • Bob WithersBob Withers Member
    edited November 2017
    My tale is the same as Mr. Reinbold's.  I called Quicken Bill Pay support and requested cancellation of my account.  I was told it would be cancelled in 10 days and I would be sent a confirmation email.  It hasn't been 10 days yet and I haven't received any email.  I will not be doing business with Quicken Bill Pay again.
  • Rafael OcasioRafael Ocasio Member
    edited November 2017
    I have same problem....I cancel today
  • ArlettaArletta Member
    edited January 2018
    I received the two deposits and set up the new bill pay but when I try to make payments, online center update gives me the error message OL393A and OL332A.  After over an hour on the phone with tech support, they were unable to solve the problem and sent me to my bank.  The bank said no problem on their end...so now I'm writing paper checks.  If not resolved real soon, I'll return Quicken 2018.
  • edited November 2018

I have had a similar problem. I upgraded to Q2018, which required me to enroll in a new 2018 Quicken account, for which I had to re-establish my bank account with Quicken.  I did this on 10/29.  No micro transactions have appeared in the account after a week.  Today I received an email from "Bill Pay Research" asking me to send them copies of 1) Social security card; 2) drivers license; 3) Current utility bill; and 4) Copy of a voided check.  I believe this is a phishing expedition and will not send them this.  As soon as I can get through to support, I am cancelling this service after almost 20 years.  This is ridiculous!

Did you find out if this was real or pfishing?  Afraid to send requested info.
  • edited November 2018
    I am using direct Quicken Bill Pay website and logging in as "Quicken 2017 and earlier."  It works just fine but requires double entry.  Wary of providing Metavante (who are they?) with substantial info requested.
  • edited November 2018

Never did find out. Canceled account and use my bank's bill pay system.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

I am using direct Quicken Bill Pay website and logging in as "Quicken 2017 and earlier."  It works just fine but requires double entry.  Wary of providing Metavante (who are they?) with substantial info requested.

Hey Mary,

Sorry for any confusion that this has caused.

Metavante is the provider of Quicken Bill Pay.

https://www.quicken.com/support/i-received-email-quicken-bill-pay-verify-my-identity-email-request-l...

If you receive an email that matches the email outlined in the link above is legitimate.

You can contact Quicken Bill Pay directly at https://www.quicken.com/support/contact-quicken-bill-pay.

For any further questions, I would recommend creating a new post as this one outdated.

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
This discussion has been closed.