lead time has increased

I'm using quicken for Mac  2017 and BofA and always the lead time for online payments was 24- 48 hours, after the latest update it has increase to 7 days.
any way to change it back?

Comments

• RhinecliffRhinecliff Member
    edited November 2017
    No, there is no way to change lead times.  You may note that after a couple of payments that lead times will again re-adjust., but no you can't change the lead time yourself.
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Hi @ joaquin p ,

What Bill Pay Service are you using with Quicken for Mac 2017? Quicken Bill Pay or Bank of America Bill Pay through a Direct Connect Connection?

Check the Account Identified in the Online Center.
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R20.15 & Quicken 2017 HBRP R19.4
  • joaquin pjoaquin p Member
    edited December 2018
    direct connect
    edited November 2017
    joaquin p said:

direct connect

Hi @ joaquin p ,

Do you know if Bank of America made any changes to its Bill Pay Center? Have you contacted Bank of America and complained? I use PNC Bank. I always put down a specific date in advance to pay and it is always honored.

When using the Online Center always put down a specific date for payment.
    When paying Verizon FIOS, it is always switched from a Check to EFT.
    Some Payees don't have an Online Account and must be mailed by the Bank or whoever they contracted with.
  • joaquin pjoaquin p Member
    edited January 16
    called the bank and my payees are electronically paid,everything is ok on their end, looks like a bug in quicken.
  • Jeff JonesJeff Jones Member
    edited February 2018
    I personally believe this is a bug that has not been addressed so the Quicken Bill Pay service looks more attractive to Quicken users. As soon as I got a Quicken ID and updated my QM 2017 with it, the payment lead time increased. What's really weird is that the calendar that first comes up when you try to schedule a payment makes it look like it will work fine. When you then try to connect, the window pops up telling you it may be rejected by your bank even though it's the date Quicken gave me! I checked with my bank, Regions, and they assure me it's a Quicken issue. I verified this by making two day payments from their website.

And they want me to buy a subscription to 2018-HA! Not likely. More likely I'll find another product after being a loyal Quicken and QBP customer for more than 20 years. Too bad.
  • TimTim Member
    edited January 16
    I am having the same problem with my Quicken, and I just bought the new, automatically updating subscription, so my version is up to date. My version is 2019, R17.6, build 27.1.17.6.

In September the time from my entering a Bank of America online bill pay (not Quicken Bill Pay) instruction into the Quicken register and delivery to payee was one day. When I updated the payee's new account info (new account number, payee address, etc. as directed by the payee), the delivery times increased to 6 or 7 days for that payee.

I just spent an hour on the phone with Bank of America's online banking Quicken expert, and he actually spoke to Quicken support while I was on hold. He confirmed the new delay is 1) not a B of A phenomenon, and 2) definitely is a Quicken issue. I also confirmed with the payee that the delay is not on their end.

So.  Can I adjust the time myself in Quicken back to its previous 1 or 2 days? Can I specify the delivery time? I haven't been able to so far. The lead time can't be changed, I understand.
    edited January 16
    Tim said:

I am having the same problem with my Quicken, and I just bought the new, automatically updating subscription, so my version is up to date. My version is 2019, R17.6, build 27.1.17.6.

In September the time from my entering a Bank of America online bill pay (not Quicken Bill Pay) instruction into the Quicken register and delivery to payee was one day. When I updated the payee's new account info (new account number, payee address, etc. as directed by the payee), the delivery times increased to 6 or 7 days for that payee.

I just spent an hour on the phone with Bank of America's online banking Quicken expert, and he actually spoke to Quicken support while I was on hold. He confirmed the new delay is 1) not a B of A phenomenon, and 2) definitely is a Quicken issue. I also confirmed with the payee that the delay is not on their end.

So.  Can I adjust the time myself in Quicken back to its previous 1 or 2 days? Can I specify the delivery time? I haven't been able to so far. The lead time can't be changed, I understand.

Hi @ Tim ,

Are you uploading the payment to Bank of America from Quicken using a Direct Connect Connection? Or are you logging into Bank of America Website and paying the Bill, there and just entering the information into Quicken?

Also, don't forget that the Government is partial shutdown and may affect the lead time.
  • TimTim Member
    edited January 17
    Thanks for the quick response, creator. I am entering the payment on my Quicken register, usually as one of a batch of 4 or 5 payments. Then I click on One Step Update and the payment information is sent to the payees, which are listed on my Online Payee list. The payments then appear in my Quicken register as sent and awaiting processing, with a processing date and delivery date, neither of which is determined by me. They just appear to be assigned by Quicken (not Bank of America or the payee, I have been told by support agents for both entities).

I am not making the payments directly on the Bank of America website's bill pay function. I am using Quicken as described above to do it. Nowhere in the process do I see the term Direct Connect, but I presume that's the process we're talking about.

This problem began a couple of months before the U.S. government shutdown began.
  • TimTim Member
    edited January 17
    Followup: I just did a backup and noticed when I did a One Step Update the words "Direct Connection." So yes, Quicken's Direct Connection is the method I've  been using to send bill pay requests to Bank of America.
  • TimTim Member
    edited January 23
    I contacted Quicken Support Chat just now and got a response after 21 minutes. The agent asked me for my name, phone number, and email address and I replied with them. Then I was abruptly disconnected, seeing a message on the screen saying "left conversation" and "Conversation ended."

Then I called phone support, went through the prompts, waited, got connected to what sounded like some overseas boiler room operation, talked to "Kevin" with a very heavy accent for a while, got no answers, and then was abruptly disconnected.

Meanwhile, I tried again on Quicken Support Chat and got reconnected to the same guy (see photo)

who asked me again for my name, number, etc. I sent them to him. I told him the problem.  After a few seconds he wrote back "seems you need to call, quicke bill pay to reset" [sic].  I typed "But I don't use Quicken Bill Pay", but before I could hit the Enter button, I was disconnected again.

What is Quicken's problem?  How can they treat their customers this way?  This is the worst customer support I have ever experienced anywhere, anytime. Quicken should be ashamed. Jeff Jones (see above) is right. I'll be looking for a different accounting program that actually cares about its customers.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 23
    Hello Tim,

I apologize that this has happened was your experience.  This interaction is being investigated and what you've experienced is unacceptable and is definitely not up to par with our customer service standards.

Can I ask that you attempt to send a bill payment through the bank's website to test what the lead time would be?

The bank should determine the lead time and I'm curious if the lead time will match Quicken or if it will be the previous 2 days like you were seeing.

I would like to again, apologize for the poor experience you had with support.

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • TimTim Member
    edited January 23
    Hi Quicken Tyka,

Thank you for your prompt response. As I've explained, I spent an hour on the phone with Bank of America support, and the agent even consulted Quicken Support while I was on the phone with him. The B of A agent confirmed that this is not a Bank of America issue.

I went through the same process with the payee's support agent. She said the problem is not on their end either.

That leaves only one possible explanation--this problem is because of some designation of the delivery time by Quicken. If you are an Official Rep, perhaps you can actually explain why this happened and what can be done to fix it. I am tired of speaking to Quicken agents who not only don't have a clue about your products but are barely literate.

Finally, Tyka, did you delete the photo from my comment above?  If you are going to edit my comments, please include an explanatory note.
    edited January 23

Hello Tim,

I apologize that this has happened was your experience.  This interaction is being investigated and what you've experienced is unacceptable and is definitely not up to par with our customer service standards.

Can I ask that you attempt to send a bill payment through the bank's website to test what the lead time would be?

The bank should determine the lead time and I'm curious if the lead time will match Quicken or if it will be the previous 2 days like you were seeing.

I would like to again, apologize for the poor experience you had with support.

-Quicken Tyka

merging

Please reference the new conversation here: merging
    -Quicken Tyka
    edited January 23
    Tim said:

Hi Quicken Tyka,

Thank you for your prompt response. As I've explained, I spent an hour on the phone with Bank of America support, and the agent even consulted Quicken Support while I was on the phone with him. The B of A agent confirmed that this is not a Bank of America issue.

I went through the same process with the payee's support agent. She said the problem is not on their end either.

That leaves only one possible explanation--this problem is because of some designation of the delivery time by Quicken. If you are an Official Rep, perhaps you can actually explain why this happened and what can be done to fix it. I am tired of speaking to Quicken agents who not only don't have a clue about your products but are barely literate.

Finally, Tyka, did you delete the photo from my comment above?  If you are going to edit my comments, please include an explanatory note.

merging

Please reference the new conversation here: merging
    -Quicken Tyka
This discussion has been closed.