Any plans in 2018 to integrate Quicken with LastPass password management software?

RBrunsonRBrunson Member ✭✭
edited August 12 in Login and Passwords
As serious data breaches continue to be announced and we are routinely encouraged to change frequently our multitude of long, complicated passwords using randomly occurring characters, has anyone heard any rumors that Quicken may soon integrate with LastPass or any other password management utility programs? Is this a particularly challenging undertaking for the Quicken team? [For the record, I am using QRPMW2015.]
0 votes

No Status · Last Updated

Comments

• NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Unless LastPass makes the changes ... I wouldn't bet upon any integration between the 2 products.

BUT, Q never announces enhancements until JUST BEFORE they're released. So, no one here can respond with any authority.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • R DIllyR DIlly Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I'm a KeePass user and am a little frustrated that using a (ugly to type) generated password is difficult to use with some applications.  KeePass has a drag and drop feature that works with many apps and which I rely on, but with Quicken I have to copy and paste (which means the clip board is involved and that can be monitored).

Actually, though we're no longer under Intuit, I think TurboTax had some screens needing a password which one couldn't even paste into.  Being a little dyslexic, this was a maddening exercise!   At least paste seems to work in many fields within Quicken.

(I found several other, older posts mentioning KeePass.)  Given the increasing concerns about security I would certainly think that a little better integration with some of the more common password managers would encourage the use of strong passwords - so I'd vote for it.
  • John MicenaJohn Micena Member
    edited February 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Use extensions within Quicken.

I use Quicken 2017 Deluxe and have been using your products for over 20-years. I now subscribe to a password vault software that allows me to enter my login information for most software directly for any other software except Quicken. This password software uses extensions as a means of accomplishing this. The extension icon is visible in all other applications except within Quicken. Are there any plans to modify your platform to allow me to do so in the near future?
  • VettaVetta Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Extensions.

I understand the convenience of this but I would rather have a secondary PW on Quicken, wouldn't you?

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Use extensions within Quicken.
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

Which password vault product are you using?

And, why should Q change their product to accommodate an unrelated 3rd party product?

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Use extensions within Quicken.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

I don't know which PW manager, but mine (Roboform (RF)) will offer to enter the Quicken Password Vault password.

I do not use a Quicken file password, so I do not know if it kicks in there or not.

RF will not offer to enter the FI passwords if the Quicken Password Vault is not used.

-splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW 2015, 2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• RBrunsonRBrunson Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018

Which password vault product are you using?

And, why should Q change their product to accommodate an unrelated 3rd party product?

Why shouldn't Quicken be willing to consider changing their product to accommodate 3rd-party functionality that is used by their customers, especially if the adjustment might be accomplished without undue burden?