Home Quicken for Mac Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac Reports (Mac)

Would like additional date range options when creating a report. (4 legacy votes)

ericgericg Member ✭✭✭
edited March 8 in Reports (Mac)
When specifying a date range for a report, I would like the option to specify a custom, dynamic date range of Start of Year - End of Last Month or, more generally, Start of Year - End of # Months ago. This was a favorite feature of mine from Quicken 2007 and I have sorely missed it in the Quicken 2017 and Quicken 2018.

One other way to supply the functionality I want would be to extend the AppleScript Dictionary to allow me to specify the date range of a report. My script could then do the appropriate calculation and set the end date.
-----------------
Be sure to click the little grey triangle under the VOTE count in the blue banner below, so your vote will count for THIS feature (it may take a moment for your vote to register).
(If the triangle is black, your vote has already been counted.)

Your VOTES matter!

Tagged:
2 votes

No Status · Last Updated

Comments

• mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Thanks for the suggestion.

You might want to review this compilation of QMac report related suggestions to see if there are other report improvements you would like to see implemented:

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickenco...
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • ericgericg Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Would like additional date range options when creating a report.

With the release of Quicken 2019, I wanted to bring up this feature request of mine again...

When specifying a date range for a report, I would like the option to specify a custom, dynamic date range of Start of Year - End of Last Month or, more generally, Start of Year - End of # Months ago. This was a favorite feature of mine from Quicken 2007 and I have sorely missed it in the Quicken 2017, Quicken 2018, and Quicken 2019.

One other way to supply the functionality I want would be to extend the AppleScript Dictionary to allow me to specify the date range of a report. My script could then do the appropriate calculation and set the end date.
  • ericgericg Member ✭✭✭
    I would like to be able to save a report with the date option "year to end of last month". I used to be able to do this with Quicken 2007. I would like the option back. The current "Year to Date" option is useless for me.

Manually adjusting the date constantly is annoying.
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This IDEA thread also relates to the following which extends this feature further:

You may want to add your VOTE to this too.

First, click on the underlined link above to go there, then click the little grey triangle under the VOTE count
     at the top of page 1 in the blue banner, so your vote will count for THAT feature (it may take a moment for your vote to register).
    (If the triangle is black, your vote has already been counted.)

Your VOTES matter!