Help our Windows Team improve Quicken Alerts!

Hi All,
Our Quicken Windows development team is working on improving alerts (such as email or text alerts) in the product.  If you have a few minutes, please give us your feedback on this quick survey, so they can implement the changes you want to see: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3R3ZHNK

Thanks!
Quicken Kathryn
Quicken Kathryn
Community Administrator

Comments

• MickMick Member
    edited November 2017
    Please explain to me how price alerts work. These are important to me as an email or text alert. Alerts on accounts are for people who only download once a week or so. You can see your account balance every day if you download every day. But, when a security price changes I need to know if I should stop what I am doing and go on line to sell or buy. These are the alerts I am looking for. 
  • Quicken AbhishekQuicken Abhishek Member, Employee
    edited November 2017
    Mick said:

Please explain to me how price alerts work. These are important to me as an email or text alert. Alerts on accounts are for people who only download once a week or so. You can see your account balance every day if you download every day. But, when a security price changes I need to know if I should stop what I am doing and go on line to sell or buy. These are the alerts I am looking for. 

You would need to sync your Investment accounts to investing.quicken.com first in order to get price and volume alerts.
    If you have already done that, Please login to Investing.quicken.com with your Quicken ID; Navigate to alerts tab > Enter the ticker symbol and Click Set alerts. you can set custom prices - drop/rises, volumes for your security. Hope this helps.
  • Quicken AbhishekQuicken Abhishek Member, Employee
    edited November 2017
    Thank you all for taking up the survey. Some of you have raised questions on how to stop receiving too many alert emails. 

To change your email alerts settings for your FIs, Please Navigate to Mobile & Alerts tab > Select the gear icon > Alert Settings on the Email alerts section.

To change your email alerts settings for your Bill, Please Navigate to Bill & Income tab > Bills, Select the gear icon > Manage Bill email alert Settings 

Check and uncheck all the alerts you want and save them. Please write to me at [email protected] with your details, screenshots if you are still getting emails after deselecting. 

imageimage
  • Thomas ZayThomas Zay Member
    edited December 2017
    I noticed with your update this morning  that under "Bills and Income" "Income & Reminders"
    under the calendar Bill and Income Reminders no longer display. Also
    when you ask for the password why can't I cut and paste, after all in 2017 that option does exist.
  • edited May 2018
    I've been a Quicken user for over 20 years and am not interested in a subscription model.  A subscription model benefits mostly Quicken from a revenue perspective, contrary to all the stated "pros."  Quicken has never been difficult to update assuming one has even basic computer knowledge.

I agree that for some customers, a subscription model would be beneficial.  Accounting methods do not change drastically from year to year, so you are penalizing your (read Intuit's) most loyal customers for a few "bells and whistles" that you can think up for the next release.

You should reconsider your strategy because there are thousands of us out there that feel this way.  The long term, loyal customers do not need as much support.  Offer both the subscription model and the standard model and let the customers choose the best for themselves.

If there is only a subscription model when Quicken 2017 expires, I'll be history.

Be smart and think of your customers.  Without customers, you are not a company.

Steven Schimack
  • edited December 2017

I've been a Quicken user for over 20 years and am not interested in a subscription model.  A subscription model benefits mostly Quicken from a revenue perspective, contrary to all the stated "pros."  Quicken has never been difficult to update assuming one has even basic computer knowledge.

I agree that for some customers, a subscription model would be beneficial.  Accounting methods do not change drastically from year to year, so you are penalizing your (read Intuit's) most loyal customers for a few "bells and whistles" that you can think up for the next release.

You should reconsider your strategy because there are thousands of us out there that feel this way.  The long term, loyal customers do not need as much support.  Offer both the subscription model and the standard model and let the customers choose the best for themselves.

If there is only a subscription model when Quicken 2017 expires, I'll be history.

Be smart and think of your customers.  Without customers, you are not a company.

Steven Schimack

@Steven,

Please explain to us why you think that the "new subscription" model is any different than the Quicken model you are currently using?  

We'd be interested to know.

Aside from some wacky pricing which seems to change almost on a weekly basis, the Quicken you use now is the exact same Quicken on the subscription model.  

Yes, there are some minor new features, but there are always some minor new features from year to year.

As to pricing, if you upgraded every year or two, you'd be saving money with the subscription.  If you used Quicken Bill Pay, you'd save a lot of money with the subscription.

If you upgrade every three years or longer, it may cost you a bit more.  

Quicken Deluxe was recently on sale for $39.99 for a two year subscription.  That's $20 a year.  The price has gone up some, but I suspect the pricing will drop back down again from outside resellers, especially at tax time. 
  • DaveDave Member
    edited February 2018

Steven Schimack

I would gladly pay a monthly subscription if the product was rock solid reliable and auto upgrades would take place like Adobe, Norton, Microsoft and other subscriptions
  • lablover57lablover57 Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018

Steven Schimack

If the software was less buggy and support would not treat us like we shouldn't have a voice (It is OUR money that keeps them employed). THEN I'd be happy to have a subscription...
    Quicken User since the DOS days...
  • DaveDave Member
    edited March 2018

Steven Schimack

I wonder if Intuit saw this coming. I fear that the ones that are buying the product today are the ones that remember the product when it was strong. Quicken needs the product to be like other name software products that people WANT to have.
  • peterpeter Member
    edited April 2018
    Do we need alerts? NO! We need a well, smoothly operating program and Quicken 2018 is not meeting this basic requirement! Thousands of users are unhappy and not pleased! They need a flawless program as were the older versions...
  • peterpeter Member
    edited April 2018
    Do we need alerts? NO! We need a well, smoothly operating program and Quicken 2018 is not meeting this basic requirement! Thousands of users are unhappy and not pleased! They need a flawless program as were the older versions...
  • javajonjavajon Member
    edited June 2018
    Your survey is not working anymore.  my comment is that Quicken is becoming less user-friendly, impossible to find a number for phone support. 
This discussion has been closed.