Direct Connect Fails on Mac

I migrated from Quicken for Windows 2017 to subscription based version for Mac.  Now I can not connect to my bank for transaction downloads via Direct Connect (which worked perfectly on Windows).

I continually get the "Oops we're having a problem...Quicken can not connect to (the bank)"...and in fine print: "User must register their CLIENTUID"

It's not the bank because it still works with WIN version!  I have tried deleting and reactivating the direct connect setup...this does not work.  I have tried setting up a brand new data file with only this account and that too fails.

Comments

  • RickORickO SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    What bank?
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • ConcordmanConcordman Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    As Rick asks..What bank are we talking about ?
  • John_in_NCJohn_in_NC SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    If you are indeed using Direct Connect, then Quicken is accessing your bank's servers directly. Some banks require each client of Quicken to be registered. Since your bank already sees your windows's Quicken client hitting its servers, then they might be blocking the Mac version for your protection. I would call and inquire. Depending on your FI, it might be difficult getting somebody knowledgable. Make sure you mention having both Quicken Mac and Windows clients.
  • edited December 2017
    RickO said:

    What bank?

    Bank of the West
  • edited December 2017
    This seems plausible, and I will check at the FI after the weekend.  However, my previous dealings with tech issues at this FI leaves me wanting...
  • edited December 2017

    This seems plausible, and I will check at the FI after the weekend.  However, my previous dealings with tech issues at this FI leaves me wanting...

    OK, I have spoken with the tech rep at the FI and "John in NC" was correct but there was a catch.  Yes, the FI issues "licenses" for accessing the system thru Quicken and when the number of issued licenses exceeds a certain number they are rejected.  After speaking with the tech rep he was able to reset issues licenses to zero, BUT this did not initially solve the problem.  Naturally I needed to deactivate, then reactivate the setup with the FI in Quicken but you need to do this with ALL accounts hooked into the FI...not just the one causing problems.  Once ALL accounts were deactivated, then reactivated only then did the process begin to function normally.

    Thanks for everyones help!
  • John_in_NCJohn_in_NC SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017

    This seems plausible, and I will check at the FI after the weekend.  However, my previous dealings with tech issues at this FI leaves me wanting...

    Thanks for the update.

    What you discovered is true for any issue where you have to do a D&R. You will always want to deactivate ALL accounts (and don't forget about hidden ones. They won't update, but if they weren't deactivated before being hidden, it can cause issues). Then, go through and reactivate and appropriately link all at once.

    I am glad you are up and running.
This discussion has been closed.