Default Report Format

TPerk100
TPerk100 Member ✭✭
edited August 2019 in Reports (Windows)
LONG term pet peeve of mine.....since Quicken's existence!!

I really could use a way to create default report formats....column widths, columns displayed, etc. Would be VERY HELPFUL!
Tagged:
13 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Sounds good.
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Hello All,

This Idea seems to have fallen stagnant and due to the age of the request and lack of User Votes/Comments, it will be archived within the next 7 business days.

If you would like to see this Idea kept alive and considered for possible future implementation in Quicken, be sure to add your vote and a comment explaining how this Idea would be beneficial for you.

More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can do this to some extent by customizing one of the standard reports and saving it. The main limitation is that currently any changes to the column widths is not saved.

Perhaps this idea should be merged with this one
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7827617/qwin-reports-default-column-width-13-merged-votes
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Phil Burton
    Phil Burton Member ✭✭✭
    I have specific spending reports (for tax purposes) for many different categories. Some reports are checking only; others include credit cards and even cash.

It's very annoying when I print out a report and see that the columns are so wide that the report is 2 pages wide. Pure waste of paper (and time).
    Been using Quicken (and TurboTax) since DOS days in 1990s.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello All,

The Community Support team regularly reviews long-standing posts and Ideas for relevancy and current interest. This Idea seems to have stalled and we would like to gauge the current interest in this request. 

If you would like to see this idea implemented, please add your vote and a comment explaining how this idea would be beneficial for you. More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team
    -Quicken Anja
  • TPerk
    TPerk Member
    Default Report Formats would be a VERY useful feature that I cannot hardly believe you have not implemented
  • AZ_Bob
    AZ_Bob Member
    This isn't just a minor annoyance - it is an ABSOLUTE necessity for a product like this that Quicken has ignored for the decades that I've used the product. Anyone who uses Quicken as an aid in tax planning or budgeting would like a report that shows the columns they want most and not have to customize every time it is run because it is too wide to view or has wasted columns you don't need. This also needs to carry the formatting through to sub-category reports where it would be most useful.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 30
    This idea has been partially implemented in that column widths in the main report are now saved when you save a report.

A remaining problem is that some reports such as Spending by Category show a sub-report when you click on an amount in a report, even one that you have saved, to drill down for transaction detail, you always get default settings including column selections and widths in the detailed sub-report.

Users would like to be able to specify the column selections and widths for the sub-reports.

One way to implement this would be to save the sub-report settings along with the main report when you save it, or at least have any customizations the user has made to the sub-report persist while the main report is open be applied when they click on a different number in the main report.
    QWin Premier subscription