Can't update Quicken Bill Pay password

I just updated my Mac Quicken 2017 Premier to Version 5.4.2 (Build 54.20993.100). When I tried to download my bank transactions, an error dialog popped up that said "An error occurred during your online banking update. Quicken Bill Pay new: For security reasons, you must change your password. You’ll be prompted to do so when you connect again."

Well, no. When I try to connect again, I get the same error dialog, ad infinitum. Then I selected (from the menu) Bill Pay->Quicken Bill Pay->Set Up Quicken Bill Pay.

I entered my ID and then got a password change dialog. My old password was filled in automatically and new password and confirmation fields appeared. Below are 7 conditions the new password must satisfy: between 8 and 20 characters, must contain a digits, etc. But regardless of what I try for a new password, the only condition that's satisfied-- as shown by a green check mark-- is the one that says my new password can't be the same as the old password. None of the other conditions are satisfied, even though I've tried many new passwords, all of which are valid by the conditions set.

Thus the "Change Password" button is never enabled and I can't change my Bill Pay password. And that means I can't download bank transactions. So...what now?

Comments

• John_MJohn_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Are you sure you're on Quicken 2017 for Mac? I am, and I'm on Version 4.6.7 (Build 46.19238.100), which I think is the most current one. It's also the version that the Quicken support site shows:

https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-2017-mac-release-notes
  • jacobsjacobs SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    John M said:

Are you sure you're on Quicken 2017 for Mac? I am, and I'm on Version 4.6.7 (Build 46.19238.100), which I think is the most current one. It's also the version that the Quicken support site shows:

Version 5.4.2 is Quicken 2018, not Quicken 2017.
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • dramseydramsey Member
    edited December 2017
    John M said:

You are correct; it is Quicken 2018, not 2017. 

Still can't create a new Bill Pay password, though.
  • RickORickO SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    What bank is it? There have been similar posts where the user needed to contact the bank to change the Direct Connect password on their end. Try searching for the name of your bank here for posts in the last 30 or 90 days and you may find it.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • dramseydramsey Member
    edited December 2017
    Bank of America, but I don't think that's it. The password change dialog shows in real time what parameters your new password satisfies, as you type in the new password. It looks like this:

As you can see, the only "condition" I can satisfy is "Your new password cannot be the same as your old one." Regardless of what I type in, none of the other conditions ever change to a green check mark, and the "Change Password" button is never enabled.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hey Dramsey! 

Sorry you're experiencing these difficulties.  

Try to sign into quickenbillpay.com and see if you are able to get signed in.  Sometimes this change password box comes up from an incorrect password instead of saying that the password is incorrect.

Let me know how this goes!
    -Quicken Tyka
  • dramseydramsey Member
    edited April 2018
    Changing my password through the quickenbillpay.com web site seems to have cured the problem. Oddly enough the app does not prompt me to enter the new password. Oh well. At least everything seems to be working properly now!
This discussion has been closed.