Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Mobile: List running balance total along with transactions (22 Legacy Votes)

Quicken Community
Quicken Community Employee mod
I'd love it if Quicken Mobile could show a running balance total next to every transaction, similar to the running balance shown in the desktop "register". I often enter automatic payments in advance, and use the running total quite often.
4 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• RTMxp
    RTMxp Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled QWin: mobile app running balances.

mobile app is useless to me without running balances (like desktop). i have un-installed it
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    I guess I would ask the same thing.   I am attempting to use mobile app while traveling,   Would always be nice to know the balance available before posting another transaction.
  • myers18111
    myers18111 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled The Quicken Android Widget is useless; does not show running blanaces.

I uninstalled the Quicken Android widget; it is useless to

me. I need to see a running balance, my cleared transactions, and my planned

transactions. Without running balances and my planned transactions, it is

useless to me. I want to know what my balance is after each transaction, and

what my future balances will be. This would tell me my available cash balance, and how a purchase would afect my future balances.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2019
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Running Balance.

[removed]

Please add the running balance feature to the mobile app!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled QWin: mobile app running balances.

mobile app is useless to me without running balances (like desktop). i have un-installed it

Absolutely!  Quicken should listen to its MANY customers.  If the Running Balance  feature is an impossible addition to the mobile app, then tell us so and  why.  At least do us the courtesy of addressing the issue.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser, Mac Beta, Canada Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

And if you want to have your say really matter, be sure to click VOTE at the top of the page to have your vote counted.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)
    Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
    COMPLETE list of Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac to VOTE on

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen?
    Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)
  • Mark B
    Mark B Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Show Balance After Each Transaction in Quicken Mobile.

The mobile app is getting much better. The one feature that it desperately needs is to show a running balance/total after each transaction when viewing the transactions list. Every other mobile banking app does this and I can only assume Quicken is working on getting this feature in their mobile app. The mobile app is WAY better than it used to be and adding a running total/balance after each transaction would be the icing on the cake to make it a true competitor with other apps.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    1000000% agree
  • Mark B
    Mark B Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Does anyone at Quicken have any insight into this request. I see I am not the only one interested in this feature. The one thing severely lacking int he mobile app is there is not a balance displayed after each transaction. Any other application/mobile app/software that has a transaction list shows the balance after each transaction. Lets get it going Quicken and get the mobile app updated to include this.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2019
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Running balance in Quicken Mobile.

This has been continually asked for. [removed]There should be a balance at the end of every transaction so you know exactly where you stand.
  • Ray Broadnax
    Ray Broadnax Member ✭✭
    I liken the mobile app as taking my checkbook with me while on the go.  Unfortunately, without a running balance, it is not quite the same.

I still don't understand why the running balance has not been coded into the app yet.  Perhaps making the app (specifically in each account) look more like the register of a checkbook would satisfy all of your customers.

Your customers have requested this feature for a long time now and your competitors would envy you.  One, you have coded in a crucial feature into your mobile product and second, they'll know you take customer requests very seriously.

I hope you read this and make this feature a top priority.

• Ryan
    Ryan Member ✭✭
    Attention Quicken - Please add a running balance to your mobile app for Apple and Android devices. Thank you.
  • I am still trying to navigate the Quicken Community site. I just posted a request to have the running(remaining) balance added to the Mobile App. I now see that it has been requested many times in the past. Does anyone know if there has been any action on adding this function?
  • Ryan
    Ryan Member ✭✭
    As of right now - NO. No remediation. Looks like it’s still “under consideration”. 🙄

> @roywrussell44 said:
    > I am still trying to navigate the Quicken Community site. I just posted a request to have the running(remaining) balance added to the Mobile App. I now see that it has been requested many times in the past. Does anyone know if there has been any action on adding this function?
  • I liken the mobile app as taking my checkbook with me while on the go. Unfortunately, without a running balance, it is not quite the same.

I still don't understand why the running balance has not been coded into the app yet. Perhaps making the app (specifically in each account) look more like the register of a checkbook would satisfy all of your customers.

Your customers have requested this feature for a long time now and your competitors would envy you. One, you have coded in a crucial feature into your mobile product and second, they'll know you take customer requests very seriously.

I hope you read this and make this feature a top priority.
  • pmrussell892
    pmrussell892 Member ✭✭✭
    It is a shame this is not possible yet.