Capital One 12/15/17

I have just updated to quicken deluxe 2018. I have windows 7. I still cannot connect to Capital One Bank. There is not Capital one-new to choose from.

Comments

• JackWilsonJackWilson Member
    edited December 2017
    Advanced setup shows the Capital One-New, but doesn't go anywhere other than a message that tells me they're sorry and it's not my fault.  So whose fault is it?  I'm following the instructions by the letter.  I don't see any setting choice for Express Web either, no choice
  • John HillerJohn Hiller Member
    edited December 2017
    Capitone web site is now online but I am having the same problem - '...sorry its not my fault...' - when following instructions to setup Express Web Connect for my GM Card. Is the GM Card still not one of the credit card accounts that cannot use Quicken to automatically download transactions? If not, please advise what I can/should do for the GM Card? I also access my Capital One credit card thru the same portal and it was and is still working as it uses EWC to access this account. When ever I login to Capitalone.com I can access both these credit card accounts - GM Card and Capital One credit cards. One additional note. When I enter my credentials to access my Capital One accounts, using Chrome, I usually if not always have to do the login twice with no changes to my username and password. That would appear to be a Capital One issue and I will contact them about this. Perhaps this problem might be impacting my setup for the GM Card.
  • GRB1GRB1 Member
    edited December 2017

Advanced setup shows the Capital One-New, but doesn't go anywhere other than a message that tells me they're sorry and it's not my fault.  So whose fault is it?  I'm following the instructions by the letter.  I don't see any setting choice for Express Web either, no choice

I'm having the same exact problem.  I, too,  followed the instructions to the letter!
  • jjjj Member
    edited December 2017

same here -
  • Kim RossmanKim Rossman Member
    edited December 2017

Me. too. When I call Capital One they said everything was working properly on their end (She was reading from a script).  Hey Quicken how about getting in touch with Capital One and get this resolved. At least provide status updates. 
  • Steve WrightSteve Wright Member
    edited December 2017

I have the same problem.  I followed all the instructions exactly and do not see any Express Web Connection option.  It pops up with "Activate One Step Update" after I select "Capital One - New".  When I give logon credentials for Capital One and connect, it says it has a problem that is "not my fault" and gives Capital One web and phone #.  When I call, they say it's a Quicken problem and transfer my call to a non-working number!
  • billsantrybillsantry Member
    edited December 2017

Ditto for me- I've been unable to download my transactions, and have tried resetting my financial institution as directed by this notice. The new financial institution "Capital One Bank-New " does not show up no matter how many times I refresh the financial institutions (and I do not have a "search" option since I'm on a mac). Already called Capital One and they said to call Quicken. Called Quicken and got their voicemail. Help!
  • MattMatt Member
    edited September 2018
    Yup.. Quicken says the capital one website is down. But the Capital One website is NOT down. Works just fine except in Quicken. Come on, get your stuff together!
  • tom Snydertom Snyder Member
    edited December 2017

I was just on the phone with Capital One IT and Customer Service and they said they don't support Express Connect. I was told we will have to download to a file and enter the transactions manually going forward. Not cool, Capital One
  • Allen LatourAllen Latour Member
    edited December 2017
    I don't know if Capital One or Quicken are the worst in this situation. Every two years I have to redo all my Capital one home and business accounts in Quicken. I wish there was an alternative to quicken. AND I'm looking for an alternative to Capital One. 10 accounts and yesterday Capital One cards wouldn't work. Just great. There plenty of competent IT personnel out there that both companies need to look at. This ridiculous.  Quicken - CODE your software to handle this account change automatically!!!!  Capital one - you are a bank, your stuff is supposed to work!!!
    edited August 2018
    But I guess if I buy Quicken Special Plus 2018 Expert Edition, this should all work fine. Am I right?
    edited December 2017
    Matt said:

Yup.. Quicken says the capital one website is down. But the Capital One website is NOT down. Works just fine except in Quicken. Come on, get your stuff together!

Capital one website is up and running. I'm logged in and manual doing business. It's like 1997 all over again!! Woohoo!!
  • edited December 2017

I too contacted Capital One and their attitude was that their system is working, contact Quicken.  Poor customer support...
  • S PS P Member
    edited December 2017
    I just got off the phone with Capital One, and they say they are working fine, that it's an issue with Quicken.   I was on a chat with Quicken help and they said it's an issue with Capital One.   Quicken connects to all of my other accounts except capital one.   WHAT IS THE ISSUE???  this is frustrating.  Quicken knew well in advance that Capital One was going to have an upgrade.  IT'S CALLED BEING PREPARED.  Get on the ball Quicken!!!!!!!!
  • S PS P Member
    edited December 2017
    S P said:

I just got off the phone with Capital One, and they say they are working fine, that it's an issue with Quicken.   I was on a chat with Quicken help and they said it's an issue with Capital One.   Quicken connects to all of my other accounts except capital one.   WHAT IS THE ISSUE???  this is frustrating.  Quicken knew well in advance that Capital One was going to have an upgrade.  IT'S CALLED BEING PREPARED.  Get on the ball Quicken!!!!!!!!

I just now did a second chat with a Jose from  Quicken and asked when the expected time for the connectivity to be fixed with capital one, and they said there is no estimated time for they are having issues that were not expected.

• GregGreg Member
    edited December 2017
    OK, I'm done for the day on this issue. I contacted Capital One they had me deactivate and then reactivate my computer, which was progress that I was able to get to the (It's Not Your Fault) message. I contacted Quicken and they gave me a link to a patch, which did not fix it. The first thing I did was ensure I had the latest (R15) in my Quicken 2017 (Windows 10), prior to contacting any of them. After I installed the patch from Quicken Support, I restarted and guess what? It didn't work. I re-stepped the Quicken instructions once again and now there is no "Capital One Bank-New" it's now "Capital One Bank-after 12-15-13". ROFLMAO! 

So I'm hanging it up and leaving it to them to get a handshake going in the next couple of days.

After installing the patch it's still Version: R15 btw. 

Been using Quicken for a better part of 15+ years now, and every couple of years I go through this between the banks and Quicken. It's expected to have some issues so why not have a beta-program or something? Get a free upgrade if you participate and such. Would help make it a bit smoother transition. This is why I don't upgrade my Quicken until either Quicken or the bank stop supporting it. Too many bugs in the system when they roll out changes. 
  • GregGreg Member
    edited December 2017

But I guess if I buy Quicken Special Plus 2018 Expert Edition, this should all work fine. Am I right?

No it won't
  • GregGreg Member
    edited December 2017
    Matt said:

I just use it for personal, couldn't imagine doing manual entry in a business setting. Good Luck, have fun!
  • PAULPAUL Member
    edited December 2017

guys thank you for your comments, same issues...will call quicken and capitol one on monday...unbelievable...
  • S PS P Member
    edited December 2017

I finally received an answer!!!!!!!!   I contacted capital one tech support again!  They know of the problem, it's their security interfacing with quicken security, no estimated time on the resolution.  HOWEVER.. the gentleman on the capital one tech support was extremely helpful.  If anyone wants to download the transactions from capital one to keep up to date with finances, he showed me an alternative way until the problem is fixed.  I'm not much of a procedure writer but here goes:

View your transactions.  

click on  More Account Services

then click Download Transactions.   a pop up will appear.

Export to Financial Software

from the dropdown:   QFX (Quicken)

(I used a date range for I only needed a few days - if you do statement, it may duplicate some of your transactions but you can delete them from quicken.)

Begin EXPORT 

then if you get a pop up that says open,  open it.    then quicken will give you a pop up asking you to create a new   or link to existing.     I chose link to existing and chose my capital one card   BAM  the transactions I had for the past week showed up.   only one was a duplicate and I just deleted it. 

I hope this helps in the meantime while they figure this out.

• edited December 2017
    S P said:

I finally received an answer!!!!!!!!   I contacted capital one tech support again!  They know of the problem, it's their security interfacing with quicken security, no estimated time on the resolution.  HOWEVER.. the gentleman on the capital one tech support was extremely helpful.  If anyone wants to download the transactions from capital one to keep up to date with finances, he showed me an alternative way until the problem is fixed.  I'm not much of a procedure writer but here goes:

View your transactions.  

(I used a date range for I only needed a few days - if you do statement, it may duplicate some of your transactions but you can delete them from quicken.)

Begin EXPORT 

then if you get a pop up that says open,  open it.    then quicken will give you a pop up asking you to create a new   or link to existing.     I chose link to existing and chose my capital one card   BAM  the transactions I had for the past week showed up.   only one was a duplicate and I just deleted it. 

Thanks for the info, I was wondering if I could download them... This does help!
  • Joseph WiltonJoseph Wilton Member
    edited December 2017
    I just connected successfully to Capital One's website and accessed my account.  I still can't get Quicken to connect (in the middle of deactivate / setup sequence).  There web site is NOT down.
  • PAULPAUL Member
    edited December 2017
    S P said:

View your transactions.  

Begin EXPORT 

thank  you!!!!
    edited December 2017

Quicken has always been very poor to respond to any kind of update problem! Why not have a beta test first?  No, Quicken would rather have us buy the 2018 version where you have to actually PAY for the problems they cause.  Soon as I can find another system, I'm out of here!  Had Quicken since their beginning, and no more!
    edited December 2017
    S P said:

Surprise, Surprise!
    edited December 2017
    Matt said:

I've always been able to get into the Capital One website.  Just problems with Quicken, as usual.
  • Lane ChiassonLane Chiasson Member
    edited December 2017
    S P said:

View your transactions.  

Begin EXPORT 

Thank you for this information!
    edited December 2017

I just contacted Capital One Bank.  They admitted, the problem is on Capital One not Quicken.  And I was told they do NOT have a time of resolution.  
  • edited December 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Capital One Bank Connectivity.

Keep getting unexpected error when I try to connect to Capital One Bank update services  for the new connection method "Express Web Connect".  Capital One Bank says it is a Quicken error and Quicken support cannot be contacted. Is this any way to run a business?
  • Ann HoptaAnn Hopta Member
    edited December 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Capital One double layer of security has caused problems since its inception.

I have Quicken 2017 on Windows 10, version R15, Build 26.1.15.5.  I realize I am not the only one with this problem but when is Quicken going to fix it??? Capital One is not the only company with a double layer of security.  No problems with any of the others.
    When I update I first get "Login info incorrect" (it is correct). Then I get fix your password.  I do this and then I get one of 2 screens - One says "Success your password has been updated" or the screen updating the password freezes. If screen does not freeze then it continues to update and wants to send me a code.  I enter email - nothing comes - sometimes it updates and other times it fails.
    REALLY!!!  I updated to 2017 as I was advised it would work.  Well guess what, it hasn't.  This has been going on for months.  I am not a new user to Quicken.  I have been using it for years and have been through many versions.
    And I just read that the Capital One site is offline - please don't reply that is the problem.  It doesn't work when online.